Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
And what if he doesn't want to sign? Your package is way too much.

For Tavares signed long term?
I sign everyday and twice on sundays

You have to give to get, so I'm stepping up and giving but I only do it if I can get an agreement in place with JT's agent before I pull the trigger

With the emergence of Lehkonen and Shaw being the type of player Julien likes, Gallagher becomes expendable

Can you imagine the possibilities?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

You have to give to get, so I'm stepping up and giving but I only do it if I can get an agreement in place with JT's agent before I pull the trigger

With the emergence of Lehkonen and Shaw being the type of player Julien likes, Gallagher becomes expendable

If he wants out of NY and he's willing to sign here why not just wait till he becomes UFA and then sign him?

Can you imagine this team with Tavares on it and without losing any assets? Damn...

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
If he wants out of NY and he's willing to sign here why not just wait till he becomes UFA and then sign him?

Can you imagine this team with Tavares on it and without losing any assets? Damn...

The Islanders will not let him walk with no return
This is not an aging Markov, this is a bona fide #1C in his prime
If they think he's headed to market they'll be looking for assets to save face
As long as I can get ink on a contract I'm comfortable with my offer

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Galchenyuk + Gallagher + Hudon and a 2019 1st for Tavares

The only talent that could step in from the farm team to make this lineup worthy of beginning to come close to contending, even with Tavares in the lineup, is Scherbak, but as talented as he is, I doubt he'd be up to the task right away

Pacioretty - Tavares - Drouin/Scherbak

Lehkonen/Drouin - Danault - Scherbak/Lehkonen

Byron - Plekanec - Hemsky/Shaw

Martinsen - McCarron - Shaw/Hemsky

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet

yes :

Pacioretty Tavares Drouin
Lehkonen Danault Shaw
Holland Plekanec Hudon (i'd rather trade sherbak in the deal)
Byron Mitchell Hemsky
Martinsen

Alzner Weber
Schlemko Petry
Morrow Benn
Davidson Streit

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
yes :

Pacioretty Tavares Drouin
Lehkonen Danault Shaw
Holland Plekanec Hudon (i'd rather trade sherbak in the deal)
Byron Mitchell Hemsky
Martinsen

Alzner Weber
Schlemko Petry
Morrow Benn
Davidson Streit

I have a bit of a problem trading all that away for Tavares and then putting together a lineup like this. No disrespect intended, but, unfortunately, to ice a real contender, we are still weak as Tavares alone won't single-handedly make this team's aspirations skyrocket. Putting your three most productive eggs in the same basket with Pacioretty - Tavares - Drouin as an even strength line will reduce this team to a one line team that can more easily be countered.

As a PP wave, we could see Pacioretty - Tavares - Lehkonen, with Drouin and Weber at the point, but at even strength, we basically have two pure snipers left in Pacioretty and Lehkonen and two playmakers that can also score in Tavares and Drouin. The rest are currently just a supporting cast; Danault, Shaw, Byron, Hudon, Plekanec, Hemsky, Mitchell and Martinsen. Some are on their way out -- Plekanec, Hemsky, Mitchell more than part of the medium term solution and some, like Hudon, still need to establish themselves, but could have some interesting upside. Danault, Shaw and Byron, IMO, are useful components, but shouldn't give us much more than we've already seen from them, not enough, anyhow, to become 'wow' players.

At even strength, we need to match up one of the snipers with one of the playmakers who can score to have at least two productive offensive lines. Ideally, I'd see Pacioretty and Tavares together -- the best offensive C with the best scoring winger for our first line. Then, Drouin could play with and help set up Lehkonen. By default, the C would have to be Danault since Tavares would be playing with Pacioretty. That still leaves a hole at RW for the first line and few adequately fill that hole from within, including Hudon, if Scherbak had been dealt for Tavares instead. It only leaves Shaw, IMO, if we want an NHL ready winger who could possibly play the part, but he's really just holding the spot, IMO. Stil, he did play with Toews and Kane in CHI...

Pacioretty - Tavares - Shaw
Drouin - Danault - Lehkonen
Byron - Plekanec - Hemsky
Hudon - McCarron - Mitchell

Martinsen

I personally don't know about Holland who could be no more than great AHLer like Terry.

IMO, regarding your D, the second you put Alzner with Weber, Schlemko with Petry and Morrow with Benn, your entire left side is in the wrong chair and everyone on D suffers from it.

We may have to go with this D lineup to start as Jerabek gets accustomed to smaller rinks and the tempo in North America, but he would be the best bet -- unless Morrow shows chemistry with Weber -- to play on the first pairing. Once someone else than Alzner gets to be the full time partner for Weber, every D falls back down onto the right chair and the D-Corps, as a whole, will be much stronger.

Jerabek/Morrow - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn

Jerabek, Morrow, Streit, Davidson

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Galchenyuk + Gallagher + Hudon and a 2019 1st for Tavares
You should add Pacioretty, Lehkonen, Poehling and McCarron.:sarcasm:

You know that Pacioretty had a pace of 72 points back in 2012-13 and Gallagher had a pace of 62 points in 2015-16.
As for Galchenyuk, I see potential for near ppg and 30G.

At that price you better target McDavid...

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
The great Eklund is reporting that Montreal had put in "a very strong offer" for Anthony Duclair.

At this stage Duclair has lost almost all value.. how could it be a strong offer ? Eklund could at least try to make sense with the things he invents.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
At this stage Duclair has lost almost all value.. how could it be a strong offer ? Eklund could at least try to make sense with the things he invents.

from a article i just read...lol :laugh:

f you recall, general manager John Chayka has reportedly looked to trade the former Quebec Remparts star after a difficult season in Arizona. Eklund’s “source†told him that the Ottawa Senators have also made an offer for Duclair, but it is not as good as what the Habs have offered.

It is important to note that Duclair is currently a restricted free agent without a contract.

Eklund mentioned within the same article that Buffalo is the likely destination of Matt Duchene. However, we must remember that the majority of his rumors rarely come true so the credibility of his “sources†is sketchy at best.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Holy hell. :facepalm:

If you think that's too much for Tavares, you'll probably really posses to find out that's probably not a package Isles would trade for.

Hudon and a late 1st are throw ins. Gallagher is a solid 3rd line, maybe 2nd line winger of two consecutive injury shortened seasons and due to his playing style, likely won't have a long career. Which takes is to Chucky. At this point he hasn't shown he can play centre consistently in the NHL. I hope he can but trading a legit top centre in the NHL at the prime of his career for a guy who likely won't be one is asking a lot for the Isle the take on. Consider the other teams who can be in the mid and you'll soon realize the Habs don't have the pieces to make this trade if another team wanted to make the trade.

Chucky Gally Hudon and a 1st is not as competitive a package as you may think it is. The ask would likely start with Price or Weber or Pathes.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
dont' think MB is capable of making a deal for a star like JT...

he is good to spend the 8 mil on a couple of 3rd liners, that is his gig

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He gave up a better player to get Weber and one of the best prospect in the league to get Drouin from a cap-crunched, top-heaving Lightning.

Hardly impressive trades.

I understand you liked Subban, but the majority opinion in the league was that Weber was a better D. At worst, close, at best Man-mountain, and consensus better.

Sergachev is a 9th overall with potential, and Drouin is a 3rd overall still young and already established. Good trade.

Not enough though because of other setbacks or outright blunders.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I understand you liked Subban, but the majority opinion in the league was that Weber was a better D. At worst, close, at best Man-mountain, and consensus better.

Sergachev is a 9th overall with potential, and Drouin is a 3rd overall still young and already established. Good trade.

Not enough though because of other setbacks or outright blunders.
The majority opinion thought wrong. And will be wrong every year until the end of time. Also look at asset management: younger player on a 9m contract until he's 33 versus four year older player on a 8m contract until he's 41. Horrible.

Losing Sergachev (and 30 pt Beaulieu, and Markov) and Radulov for Drouin is bad because of opportunity cost. I liked the trade at the time, not so much now. I don't expect hockey fans to have a firm understanding of opportunity cost but it's a thing.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
He gave up a better player to get Weber and one of the best prospect in the league to get Drouin from a cap-crunched, top-heaving Lightning.

Would you say one of the 9 best prospects in the league?:sarcasm: Your evaluation might be high based on the personal impact of losing that prospect. Where would you say that he actually ranked amongst prospects that hadn't yet made it to the NHL? Not the top 9, for sure?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Would you say one of the 9 best prospects in the league?:sarcasm: Your evaluation might be high based on the personal impact of losing that prospect. Where would you say that he actually ranked amongst prospects that hadn't yet made it to the NHL? Not the top 9, for sure?
I didn't think so, but I saw on a few prospects lists that he was top10 or top20 or so across the NHL. Very highly touted.

Thank you for sparing us a meandering essay. Brevity is king :)

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I didn't think so, but I saw on a few prospects lists that he was top10 or top20 or so across the NHL. Very highly touted.

Thank you for sparing us a meandering essay. Brevity is king :)[/QUOTE]

lol.

That would be pretty highly ranked, and you'd expect so, given that Drouin is still a decent catch, IMO, that would have cost more, even, if the Bolts hadn't been cash-strapped, as you said (the latter part of being cash-strapped).

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

I hate to defend Eklund because he spouts BS, but a strong offer doesn't mean they are offering a lot, just they are serious about getting him. They are offering more than other teams.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
lol.

That would be pretty highly ranked, and you'd expect so, given that Drouin is still a decent catch, IMO, that would have cost more, even, if the Bolts hadn't been cash-strapped, as you said (the latter part of being cash-strapped).
I liked the Drouin trade but the subsequent dismantling of the team's defense makes it yet another bad summer for the Habs, five years in a row.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
If you think that's too much for Tavares, you'll probably really posses to find out that's probably not a package Isles would trade for.

Hudon and a late 1st are throw ins. Gallagher is a solid 3rd line, maybe 2nd line winger of two consecutive injury shortened seasons and due to his playing style, likely won't have a long career. Which takes is to Chucky. At this point he hasn't shown he can play centre consistently in the NHL. I hope he can but trading a legit top centre in the NHL at the prime of his career for a guy who likely won't be one is asking a lot for the Isle the take on. Consider the other teams who can be in the mid and you'll soon realize the Habs don't have the pieces to make this trade if another team wanted to make the trade.

Chucky Gally Hudon and a 1st is not as competitive a package as you may think it is. The ask would likely start with Price or Weber or Pathes.

Dude Tavares is basically a rental at this point! Stop the madness...

badi

Jan 21, 2008

Exactly
Any hf boards poster could have done these trades

Got fleeced on The first one
The Drouin trade We ll see ,,,,

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I liked the Drouin trade but the subsequent dismantling of the team's defense makes it yet another bad summer for the Habs, five years in a row.

Sergachev shouldn't be in the NHL next year. Absolutely terrible defensive awareness and I saw no improvements in his game. What really irks me the most is that everybody claimed that Sergachev was untouchable and that he will be something really special in the future, and as soon as he got traded he is guaranteed to be a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad