Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Actually due to their cap issues, they'd be doing cartwheels to get that much for Sharp and get rid of Bickell's albatross cap hit.

Chicago is in rough shape cap wise, only having 4 mil for next year(assuming no cap increase) with 8-9 players to sign. Saad Oduya and a replacement for Richards will cost 12-13 mil plus 5-6 other bodies are needed...

I can't see Sharp on their roster next year and Bickell, if they can't move him may be bought out.

Cap is going up 4 million, it's already been announced.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Cap is going up 4 million, it's already been announced.

Really? Not sure where you heard that announcement, because it can only be announced after the season. 4 mil would be best case and Chicago is still in cap hell for next year...

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Mtl
In: Perron, Yakupov , Bickell

Out: 2015 1st, Fucale, Parenteau, Desharnais

Why: solves winger depth issue & adds playoff proven physical precense. Leaves team 1 top-4 dman short from being talented & deep at every position.

Edm
In: P. Sharp, Fucale, Desharnais, Parenteau

Out: Perron, Yakupov, Gordon, 2nd 2015

Why: adds much needed top-9 veteran depth & locker room precense. DD could slot in as Hall's centre until Draisatl is ready, freeing up RNH to play with veteran sharp on his wing. Fucale potential #1 for future (could time nicely with when hall/eberle/RNH/Draisatl/Nurse are in /hitting their prime)

Chicago
In: Mtl 1st 2015, Edm 2nd 2015, B.Gordon

Out: Sharp, Bickell

Why: ~6M in cap space, 2x top-35 picks in a deep draft, 4th line centre need fixed. They have talent & NHL-ready prospect depth to buffer loss of sharp/bickell

Leaves us with a top 9 with size, skating, goal scoring, puck possession and high compete level on each line :

Patches - Galch - Gally
bickell - Pleks - Sekac
Perron - Eller - Yakupov
Prust - Maholtra - Weise
(Andrig, bournival, Hudson, Tangradi)

Subban - Markov
Gonchar - Emelin
Gilbert - Beaulieu
(Weaver, Allen, tinordi)

Price
Tokarski

No way we'll see a Habs team with only one french Canadian player.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I just heard on sportstalk radio that Habs are looking at Adam Henrique of NJ. Possibly Lars Eller might be the asking price.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
DD-Henrique-Parenteau
Sekec-Plekanec-Andrigetto
Prust-Malhotra-Weise
Bournival

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Trade proposed by Jean-Charles Lajoie at Radio 9 Montreal....

Eller, Beaulieu, Fucale and 1st round pick 2015 for....Taylor Hall.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

Hudon will graduate next year...

As for the proposal, it's horrible... Bickell ? For real ? Some posters really have a hard on on size :shakehead

Sharp is the guy to get, he would be our own Marian Hossa. All around player, good leader, perfect fit on Plekanec's wing.... good veteran presence with Pleks to surround the young guys. Proven winner... really **** Bickell !

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
With 4 mil more, Chicago still needs A LOT of cap relief...Sharp and Bickell sre really good targets.

Doesn't mean they're going to give them away for garbage.

Patrick Sharp is a good player, if he gets traded Chicago will be getting good assets, a combination of good draft picks and bluechip prospects.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not terrible value wise but I think Edmonton would want more immediate help.

Personnally, I have no problem dealing the players. It's the 1st rounder that is my main problem. You are looking at a 2003 type of draft next year. And nothing still suggest that we won't crumble and finish out of the playoffs. And if we do, even if there would be incredible picks from 25 to 30, can't imagine what it could look like before. Of course, if I'm Edmonton, it makes no sense as you practically have 3 question marks....so I would agree that a more stable player would be in order. Would Emelin somewhat fill the bill? I sure would hope so....Or unless the question mark that is Beaulieu becomes a BIG question mark in Tinordi....

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Chicago would like to laugh and spit in your face. thanks

Actually due to their cap issues, they'd be doing cartwheels to get that much for Sharp and get rid of Bickell's albatross cap hit.

Chicago is in rough shape cap wise, only having 4 mil for next year(assuming no cap increase) with 8-9 players to sign. Saad Oduya and a replacement for Richards will cost 12-13 mil plus 5-6 other bodies are needed...

I can't see Sharp on their roster next year and Bickell, if they can't move him may be bought out.

Obviously I agree with Moncton's take...

From a pure hockey sense, no team trades a guy like sharp, and bickell's size + previous cup/playoff performances would endear him to most gm's

But in a cap era, with 2x 10M$ cap hits starting next year... Hawks have to shed contacts & I doubt they get anywhere close to that return if they wait till the summer

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
No one wants DD. He is ****

Might be true... But our own gm have him his current deal & it's not like he's regressed since signing it...
I could see McT buying the idea that Hall-DD = Patches-DD... At least until Draisatl is ready

bickell is garbage, that being said id move DD for him if Chicago retained some of his salary

Bickell is overpaid
But he adds an element we will need come playoff time. We have the space to gamble on him delivering when it counts

Perron, bournival, Beaulieu (roots), Hudon... Good enough imo, we can always sign press box scrubs to boost the ratio if molson wants. I doubt it would be an issue with Perron being the best Franco we've iced in years & the team winning

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I would not touch Bickell... He is an overpaid 4th liner that had the playoff of his life before getting his huge paycheck.

As for the habs, it's getting obvious that Eller(3rd liner) and Emelin(5/6th defenseman) are nothing more than role player it would be nice to ship them out while they still carry some value and reduce some of our salary cap.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Doesn't mean they're going to give them away for garbage.

Patrick Sharp is a good player, if he gets traded Chicago will be getting good assets, a combination of good draft picks and bluechip prospects.

2x top 35 picks would be good value considering the talent in the first round + Sharp's age... Add that to swapping bickell for Gordon, & I'd be surprised to see them do better than that

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I would not touch Bickell... He is an overpaid 4th liner that had the playoff of his life before getting his huge paycheck.

As for the habs, it's getting obvious that Eller(3rd liner) and Emelin(5/6th defenseman) are nothing more than role player it would be nice to ship them out while they still carry some value and reduce some of our salary cap.

500k extra to pay him over DD, who doesn't even have that one good playoff to reference is a no-brainer upgrade for us (could make a similar claim on PAP... Take your pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad