Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destoker

May 30, 2010
Why isn't there a trade propoal thread so we can deliver our very best proposals and feel like MB for a minute?? I believe there was a sticky one before.

Let's start the ball with an offer stolen from the main board :

MTL : Patch+DD+second round pick 2015

EDM : Yakupov+Perron

Solves our winger problems with an right handed sniper and a blue chip russian prospect, lets galchy play center and most of all... gets DD off the team !!!

Last edited:

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
But we lose a 30+ goal scoring winger for a 20+ goal scoring winger and a whole lotta potential. Not to mention we add a draft pick.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
We already have enough Weekly Trade Proposal threads in the trade rumors board.

As for your proposal... Yakupov for Patches? Let Galchenyuk play center? Did you see how well he played when they put him at center? That's terrible. The point of trading is to get better, not make the opposite team get better. Besides, the Oilers fans would laugh at your proposal too.

Last edited:

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
even when gonchar was much younger it would take a year for him to adjust to a new team-coach. so I'm expecting an epic fail......if that's the case. would you be interested in one of the pen's defense men [not named maatta]?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Why isn't there a trade propoal thread so we can deliver our very best proposals and feel like MB for a minute?? I believe there was a sticky one before.

Solves our winger problems with an establish winger and a blue chip russian prospect, lets galchy play center and most of all... gets DD off the team !!!

I wouldn't touch that trade. Yakupov is not ready defensively and Habs are after a Cup. Plus, I think we can get Yakupov in a year, maybe two for a fraction of cost now. Given his past success with Galchenyuk

Analyzer*

Solves our winger problems with an establish winger and a blue chip russian prospect, lets galchy play center and most of all... gets DD off the team !!!

You answered your own question with your terrible trade proposal, so...

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
even when gonchar was much younger it would take a year for him to adjust to a new team-coach. so I'm expecting an epic fail......if that's the case. would you be interested in one of the pen's defense men [not named maatta]?

He played for Therrien before so it won't be a new coach..

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Anybody have ideas for Beaulieu/Tinordi? Might have room for just one of them and we've got some major holes we need to fill at forward. They're both quite one-dimensional LD and that's not really what our team needs at the moment and it's not helping either of them play their way onto the roster.

Are there any realistic prospect swaps that people would be happy with?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Anybody have ideas for Beaulieu/Tinordi? Might have room for just one of them and we've got some major holes we need to fill at forward. They're both quite one-dimensional LD and that's not really what our team needs at the moment and it's not helping either of them play their way onto the roster.

Are there any realistic prospect swaps that people would be happy with?

Trading either would be pretty short-sighted. Both should be in the lineup full time by next season at the latest.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Trading either would be pretty short-sighted. Both should be in the lineup full time by next season at the latest.

Wouldn't be shortsighted in any way if you're trading them for another young player that fits the needs of the team better. Skilled forwards, RD, or strong two-way defenders would fit well on our team. In terms of other prospects that could be traded.... Baertschi, Larsson, Gormley, and Jaskin all come to mind as players that would do well in MTL and may be on the trading block.

Sword

May 26, 2014
You build a winning team from the blue line. Unless, we get an established goal scorer (not Yakupov) and one who isn't past his prime in return, there's no way I'm letting Beaulieu or Tinordi go, they got too much potential.

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
You build a winning team from the blue line. Unless, we get an established goal scorer (not Yakupov) and one who isn't past his prime in return, there's no way I'm letting Beaulieu or Tinordi go, they got too much potential.

Exactly

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Wouldn't be shortsighted in any way if you're trading them for another young player that fits the needs of the team better. Skilled forwards, RD, or strong two-way defenders would fit well on our team. In terms of other prospects that could be traded.... Baertschi, Larsson, Gormley, and Jaskin all come to mind as players that would do well in MTL and may be on the trading block.

We potentially have 10 wingers in our prospect pool who might make the NHL as a Top 9 forward and if you don't consider Beaulieu and Tinordi as prospects we have 1 or 2 D prospects that might make it as a Top 4 D-man in the NHL one day.

Out weakness in our prospect pool is on D and Centre to a lesser extent and trading Beaulieu or Tinordi only makes the situation worse and almost forces us to make trades in the future to shore things up. I've been thinking Beaulieu and Tinordi would make a good 2nd pairing at the NHL level.

The only reason I think Beaulieu would be traded is if MB doesn't want him on the team and that is something that wouldn't surprise me.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

You're obviously an Edmonton fan...ouch!

Hawkeye71980

Sep 15, 2009
New Brunswick
I don't know why you all have a problem with DD. His chemisty with Patches is like Kunitz and Crosby or Getzlaf and Perry. Do you see those teams trading one of those guys?

I know he's not a #1 center, but unless we're getting a #1 center in return. I'd rather have DD.

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
Emelin, Eller, Andrighetto and (Fucale or McCarron or De La Rose)

for

Yakupov, Perron, Petry

Dreaming in Technicolor....

Patches- Desharnais - PAP
Perron - Plekanec - Sekac
Yakupov - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Weisz - Malhotra - Prust/Bournival

Markov - Gilbert
Subban - Petry
Beaulieu - Weaver/Gonchar/Tinordi

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
I don't know why you all have a problem with DD. His chemisty with Patches is like Kunitz and Crosby or Getzlaf and Perry. Do you see those teams trading one of those guys?

I know he's not a #1 center, but unless we're getting a #1 center in return. I'd rather have DD.

>DD's chemistry with Pac
>Comparing DD and Pac to any of those duos
Good job, you gave me a nice laugh :biglaugh:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I'm down with DD for Perron. Add a pick if you have to.

How does that accomplish anything? If you have to force back Galchenyuk to center, you fill a hole and create another. The best thing for AG is to play the year LW and have a break out offensively THEN you can challenge him with the extra responsibility as a center.

In reality Plekanec is the #1 center, but Eller isn't a #2 and Galchenyuk should stay on LW for now, let him grow offensively.

>DD's chemistry with Pac
>Comparing DD and Pac to any of those duos
Good job, you gave me a nice laugh :biglaugh:

Paccioretty scored 39 goals last year, which is about 14 more than anybody on here would have predicted for him when he first entered the league...so that says a lot.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Paccioretty scored 39 goals last year, which is about 14 more than anybody on here would have predicted for him when he first entered the league...so that says a lot.

I'm not criticizing Pacioretty, he's a very decent player and an important element of our team, but aside from Kunitz, I wouldn't say he's on the same level as any of the other players mentionned. And I'm not even mentionning DD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad