Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2012
Radulov, such a pro, I mean who wouldn't want a guy who bolted home for more cash to be a part of their team. He exemplifies every quality our team represents really. Yeah! Let's do that!

Last edited:

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Well OK when you get down to it no one is really untouchable but those are the guys for me that I wouldn't move at any reasonable price. As in it would take a gargantuan overpayment to get me to even consider it if I were MB.
I guess it all depends on what "reasonable" means... I would probably sketch out my payroll and lineup/depth chart, and see what I had, which elements I was really content with and/or wanted to see if they progressed to live up to the expectations I've established for them, and by the time I've done that... I would guess that my list of "touchable" players is actually shorter than my list of "untouchable" players. I mean, if a team wanted to acquire players at a "reasonable" price, that is. :dunno:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
If kovalchuk isn't done in the NHL we should target him and he's a guy we needed to trade for badly but NJ got him

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Radulov, such a pro, I mean who wouldn't want a guy who bolted home for more cash to be a part of their team. He explifies every quality our team represents really. Yeah! Let's do that!
I think Radulov was smart to take the huge money and play at home, I never understand why people hold that against him.

But that said, if faced with the prospect of adding him to the team, I *would* be a little worried about how he'd fit into the room. I don't know him or his personality or habits or anything like that, mind you. But he has been making something like $9M per year in the KHL, takes home more than any NHL player, and is probably treated like a hockey god. He doesn't seem to be settled into any family life? He seems to be a bit hot-headed and entitled on the ice. I don't know if that would carry over or not. Like I said, it's hard when you really know nothing at all about the individual. But I would make sure I knew something. I wouldn't write a blank cheque just because he's one of the best players outside the NHL. What does that translate into as an NHLer? He's probably a top line player, not a superstar, maybe a semi-star? I don't think you risk the team environment to add that.

Subban has a lot of flamboyance, but always channels it in a positive way, his heart is always in the right place, for example, so it doesn't cause a problem. What kind of personality/ego does Radulov bring? I honestly don't know. It's worth knowing something real about him first, is all. Just him going to play at home for more than double what he would make in the NHL is no grounds by itself for avoiding him. You'd have to dig deeper.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Radulov, such a pro, I mean who wouldn't want a guy who bolted home for more cash to be a part of their team. He explifies every quality our team represents really. Yeah! Let's do that!

The guy once hit his coach with his stick, there's no way he'll ever be a Canadiens player.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
How does the cliche go? Gretzky was traded so no one is untouchable.

For instance what if the Oiler management have one of their usual brain farts and at the draft where they have the 1st or 2nd overall pick call MB and offer him Hall and their #1 pick for Price, would he still be an untouchable?

Gretzky wasn't traded for hockey reasons. It was a travesty, IMO. Oilers have had some really sketchy owners.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Gretzky wasn't traded for hockey reasons. It was a travesty, IMO. Oilers have had some really sketchy owners.

yeah reading the book 'Gretky's Tears' really showed how awful that whole thing was. Amazing book also shows Gretzky wasn't totally innocent in the whole thing either.

Oct 22, 2012
I think Radulov was smart to take the huge money and play at home, I never understand why people hold that against him.

But that said, if faced with the prospect of adding him to the team, I *would* be a little worried about how he'd fit into the room. I don't know him or his personality or habits or anything like that, mind you. But he has been making something like $9M per year in the KHL, takes home more than any NHL player, and is probably treated like a hockey god. He doesn't seem to be settled into any family life? He seems to be a bit hot-headed and entitled on the ice. I don't know if that would carry over or not. Like I said, it's hard when you really know nothing at all about the individual. But I would make sure I knew something. I wouldn't write a blank cheque just because he's one of the best players outside the NHL. What does that translate into as an NHLer? He's probably a top line player, not a superstar, maybe a semi-star? I don't think you risk the team environment to add that.

Subban has a lot of flamboyance, but always channels it in a positive way, his heart is always in the right place, for example, so it doesn't cause a problem. What kind of personality/ego does Radulov bring? I honestly don't know. It's worth knowing something real about him first, is all. Just him going to play at home for more than double what he would make in the NHL is no grounds by itself for avoiding him. You'd have to dig deeper.

Best we can do is judge him by what we do know and by looking at his last year in Nashville alone, we know how much (or in this case how little) of a professional hockey player that he is. If he is truely a player to be sought after, I like to think that he would show us qualities that make him something to be desired. Isn't Nigel Dawes playing well in the KHL as well?

Him making more money at home doesn't bother me, I get it. Ill never know how hard it is to uproot your life and try to live in a foreign land that doesnt even speak the same language. However, the best players play in the best league, dollar signs aside. So right now, Dale Weiss > Alexander Radulov. :sarcasm:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Depending on the cap hit, Kovalchuk might not be impossible for next season. We have 58 mil guaranteed on the cap with primarily Galchenyuk, Beaulieu and Tinordi to resign excluding a cap dump trade of Desharnais, Eller or Emelin.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Bergevin hasn't shown interest in the past but Jagr would look so nice next to Sekac and Plekanec, also he wouldn't cost a ton either. Would definitely be huge on the powerplay as well.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Bergevin hasn't shown interest in the past but Jagr would look so nice next to Sekac and Plekanec, also he wouldn't cost a ton either. Would definitely be huge on the powerplay as well.

I think a lot of us here would love to have Jagr on a one year deal. Some have been asking for it for years. Every year it's the same, "he's to old, can't keep up over 82 games" yet he continues to prove everyone wrong.

I would love to get him here as a deadline rental as I don't think he will be too expensive.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
We are looking to get rid of and find a home for DD so what about something like this:

FLA
Desharnais

MTL
Upshall

Florida gets a Centreman with some term at a fair salary. Habs get Upshall a RW who is a UFA at the end of the season and get fit into that 2nd/3rd line RW position.

Upshall would basically be a salary dump, no way Bergevin moves Desharnais for a "dump", he would want assets coming back.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I think a lot of us here would love to have Jagr on a one year deal. Some have been asking for it for years. Every year it's the same, "he's to old, can't keep up over 82 games" yet he continues to prove everyone wrong.

I would love to get him here as a deadline rental as I don't think he will be too expensive.

Every year since his comeback he's slowed down down the stretch, plus he's scored a grand total of ONE goal in 33 playoff games.

Another thing is MB wants to play a fast pace game like Chicago, Jagr is slow and plays more of a cycle game, not great in transition.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Every year since his comeback he's slowed down down the stretch, plus he's scored a grand total of ONE goal in 33 playoff games.

Another thing is MB wants to play a fast pace game like Chicago, Jagr is slow and plays more of a cycle game, not great in transition.

...so basically like Therrien coaches...:laugh:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
For all the talk about KHL players playing for the Habs, keep in mind theyd have to clear waivers. So about 20+ teams could claim them BEFORE the Habs. So yeah... No.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Mtl- Chicago - Edm

Mtl
In: Perron, Yakupov , Bickell

Out: 2015 1st, Fucale, Parenteau, Desharnais

Why: solves winger depth issue & adds playoff proven physical precense. Leaves team 1 top-4 dman short from being talented & deep at every position.

Edm
In: P. Sharp, Fucale, Desharnais, Parenteau

Out: Perron, Yakupov, Gordon, 2nd 2015

Why: adds much needed top-9 veteran depth & locker room precense. DD could slot in as Hall's centre until Draisatl is ready, freeing up RNH to play with veteran sharp on his wing. Fucale potential #1 for future (could time nicely with when hall/eberle/RNH/Draisatl/Nurse are in /hitting their prime)

Chicago
In: Mtl 1st 2015, Edm 2nd 2015, B.Gordon

Out: Sharp, Bickell

Why: ~6M in cap space, 2x top-35 picks in a deep draft, 4th line centre need fixed. They have talent & NHL-ready prospect depth to buffer loss of sharp/bickell

Leaves us with a top 9 with size, skating, goal scoring, puck possession and high compete level on each line :

Patches - Galch - Gally
bickell - Pleks - Sekac
Perron - Eller - Yakupov
Prust - Maholtra - Weise
(Andrig, bournival, Hudson, Tangradi)

Subban - Markov
Gonchar - Emelin
Gilbert - Beaulieu
(Weaver, Allen, tinordi)

Price
Tokarski

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Mtl
In: Perron, Yakupov , Bickell

Out: 2015 1st, Fucale, Parenteau, Desharnais

Why: solves winger depth issue & adds playoff proven physical precense. Leaves team 1 top-4 dman short from being talented & deep at every position.

Edm
In: P. Sharp, Fucale, Desharnais, Parenteau

Out: Perron, Yakupov, Gordon, 2nd 2015

Why: adds much needed top-9 veteran depth & locker room precense. DD could slot in as Hall's centre until Draisatl is ready, freeing up RNH to play with veteran sharp on his wing. Fucale potential #1 for future (could time nicely with when hall/eberle/RNH/Draisatl/Nurse are in /hitting their prime)

Chicago
In: Mtl 1st 2015, Edm 2nd 2015, B.Gordon

Out: Sharp, Bickell

Why: ~6M in cap space, 2x top-35 picks in a deep draft, 4th line centre need fixed. They have talent & NHL-ready prospect depth to buffer loss of sharp/bickell

Leaves us with a top 9 with size, skating, goal scoring, puck possession and high compete level on each line :

Patches - Galch - Gally
bickell - Pleks - Sekac
Perron - Eller - Yakupov
Prust - Maholtra - Weise
(Andrig, bournival, Hudson, Tangradi)

Subban - Markov
Gonchar - Emelin
Gilbert - Beaulieu
(Weaver, Allen, tinordi)

Price
Tokarski

Chicago would probably do that and Edmonton for sure...don't think the Habs would...Bickell has a terrible contract...not a very good return on Desharnais Fuclae and a 1st. Perron and Bickell combined have a net zero value due to Bickell's contract.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Chicago would like to laugh and spit in your face. thanks

Actually due to their cap issues, they'd be doing cartwheels to get that much for Sharp and get rid of Bickell's albatross cap hit.

Chicago is in rough shape cap wise, only having 4 mil for next year(assuming no cap increase) with 8-9 players to sign. Saad Oduya and a replacement for Richards will cost 12-13 mil plus 5-6 other bodies are needed...

I can't see Sharp on their roster next year and Bickell, if they can't move him may be bought out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad