Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tatar had a couple years left on his deal and we got a top prospect. Hall is going to free agency and Subban is declining fast. Completely different situations.

Not really that different between Subban and Tatar. Both would have 3 years in term left and would come with retention. Basically Tatar at $4.8M vs Subban at $6.5M (lets say). Both looking to have rebound years after a short stay with their previous team that didn't' work out.

Subban finished the season last year with 6 pts in the last 5 games and had 3 pts in 6 playoffs games. And because he is struggling on a new team that is not that good, he is done? Sorry, I don't think so. I can see him rebounding on a new team. Book mark it!

Reactions: Sorinth

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Tatar had a couple years left on his deal and we got a top prospect. Hall is going to free agency and Subban is declining fast. Completely different situations.

Not that I'm advocating the OPs trade but Tatar was also considered to be declining fast when we traded for him. So they are in fact similar situations the difference being getting a top prospect vs a rental.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm fine with keeping Domi and Gally because they play much bigger than their size, and hopefully KK will be in the top 6 soon. I doubt Tatar is on the team after the expansion draft. The real issue for me is all three of Byron, Weal and Lehkonen. None of those 3 belong here. I'm really hoping we can get Athanasiou because he can fly and score goals. I also think Jenner is much better than what he has been showing on the Jackets.

1) I agree about Tatar. Hopefully we can flip him for more futures before his contract expires

2) Byron vs Lehkonen. Keep Lehkonen, trade Byron. Lehkonen is a valuable bottom 6F piece IMO and just entering his prime

3) Who cares about Weal. He's a depth player and we are using him more cause of injuries.

4) AA or Jenner would be good adds but how does it look long term?

This is how I see the forward line-up and holes...

Poehling / Suzuki / Caufield
Domi / Danault / Gallagher
Drouin / Kotkaniemi / Armia
Lehkonen / Olofsson / Ylonen

Basically we have 3 #2 lines and every line has a good mix of skill/skating/grit. Will Poehling and Domi be happy playing wing? Hope so

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
What's with all these trade Tatar posts? It's rumored we want to trade for Hall but we trade Tatar that is almost a PPG? You guys are out to lunch if you think he's getting traded. Once and for all we're not rebuilding, so forget that idea. I'm sure the plan is to add to Tatar and the like, not subtract. Only on HF are people trading one of your best players LMAO. I'll even wager that if he keeps playing like this, he's resigned.

Reactions: Babyhockey

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Once and for all we're not rebuilding, so forget that idea. I'm sure the plan is to add to Tatar and the like, not subtract. ...

I wish I were as certain as you are about a "plan", cause I don't know what it is. Only Geoff and MB are supposed to know the real "plan" and as you'll recall from the summer of 2018, MB said that they wouldn't divulge it cause other teams might be listening. Bottom line is, we're all guessing.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If the Habs slip out of the playoff picture... I'm thinking Tatar would be a good fit for the Oilers. What is the realistic return for Tatar by himself? I'm guessing the Habs say it's not enough and the Oilers say it's too much?

- Tatar
- Hillis
for
- Lavoie
- Puljujarvi
- 2021 2nd
- 2022 3rd
- Gagner (cap reasons)

Last edited:

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
I wish I were as certain as you are about a "plan", cause I don't know what it is. Only Geoff and MB are supposed to know the real "plan" and as you'll recall from the summer of 2018, MB said that they wouldn't divulge it cause other teams might be listening. Bottom line is, we're all guessing.

If they were rebuilding they would trade Petry, Price, Weber....they clearly are not. Mol$on came out the other day and said that he'd support MB in any trade that helps the team. They are rumored by many sources as wanting Hall. Doesn't sound like a rebuild at all.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If they were rebuilding they would trade Petry, Price, Weber....they clearly are not. Mol$on came out the other day and said that he'd support MB in any trade that helps the team. They are rumored by many sources as wanting Hall. Doesn't sound like a rebuild at all.

You can reverse engineer it but there are mixed messages. If they aren't rebuilding, why didn't they acquire any impact players at the TDL last year? Why did they not add any impact players this summer? GM never replaced Markov but drafted a whole lot of LDs -- they'll need time before they develop. Did he draft bargaining chips or did he actually draft players to develop? If it's the latter, then he's doing some kind of reset/ retool. But, I don't know for a fact.

The Hall rumors are contradictory. MB plays his cards close to the vest. I can't remember one trade that was broken by pundit rumors. Maybe there was one but I can't remember it.

Also, quoting Molson is a slippery slope. What happened to "leaving no stones unturned" as he was promising during the 2017-18 collapse? He named the architect of the disaster to clean up his own mess, which is unheard of. And he didn't exactly clean everything up, a lot of deadwood has survived so I'm not sure I'd rely on what Molson has to say as an indicator.

All we know is that there are several key spots to fill. Maybe they're going to reassess based on how quickly Caufield and say, Romanov come along.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
good.

too injury prone to mortgage the future for.

i'd take him as a ufa though.

What future would we be mortgaging? The one where we spend spinning our tires year after year either just making or just missing the playoffs?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You can reverse engineer it but there are mixed messages. If they aren't rebuilding, why didn't they acquire any impact players at the TDL last year? Why did they not add any impact players this summer? GM never replaced Markov but drafted a whole lot of LDs -- they'll need time before they develop. Did he draft bargaining chips or did he actually draft players to develop? If it's the latter, then he's doing some kind of reset/ retool. But, I don't know for a fact.

The Hall rumors are contradictory. MB plays his cards close to the vest. I can't remember one trade that was broken by pundit rumors. Maybe there was one but I can't remember it.

All is know is that there are several key spots to fill. Maybe they're going to reassess based on how quickly Caufield and say, Romanov come along.

We are rebuilding so we're not trading future
We are resetting so we're not selling Veterans
We are trying to make the PO but we're not going for the Cup

The plan is simple.....if you're on drugs.

Reactions: Roadhouse

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018

Also, quoting Molson is a slippery slope. What happened to "leaving no stones unturned" as he was promising during the 2017-18 collapse? He named the architect of the disaster to clean up his own mess, which is unheard of. And he didn't exactly clean everything up, a lot of deadwood has survived so I'm not sure I'd rely on what Molson has to say as an indicator.

All we know is that there are several key spots to fill. Maybe they're going to reassess based on how quickly Caufield and say, Romanov come along.

We didn't acquire players because "trades are hard" according to the fearless leader....he doesn't make trades at the deadline because prices are crazy...when the team does well, he doesn't want to disrupt the chemistry....when the team does bad, they see him coming a mile away....he doesn't believe in paying for UFA's. So when is a good time to trade for him?

"MB plays his cards close to the vest"....Ugh, I hate this one. There are agents and a whole bunch of people involved when it comes to trades. Plenty of people know. Subban was rumored for a long time but people were in denial until it actually happened. Everybody knew he was in on Duchene last year. Everybody knew he wanted Gardiner. They were all said to be true after the fact. There are plenty more.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Totally getting your drift. It's a world of wonderment clothed in a myriad of contradictions.
  • We're resetting but we're trying to make the playoffs.
  • Following one of the most disastrous seasons in the Habs's history, Geoff opens with a speech about customer experience and hotdogs.
  • The GM is wearing expensive suits but purple or red pants.
  • After gutting the left side of the D, GM announces that the team is better than the year before.
  • GM invests 10.5M in a premium goalie but uses waiver wire fodder to back him up.
  • Third highest revenue team in the league, but don't spend to the cap going into a 3rd consecutive season.
  • We're building through the draft from 2012 but GM only really begins to do so in the summer of 2018.
  • 2012: poor asset mix. 2019: poor asset mix.
  • We're trying to make the playoffs this year but team is similar to the one that missed the playoffs last season.
  • Missed the playoffs only to end up with the worst lottery pick.
  • Go top heavy and full tilt on intangibles, character, leadership. Lack of confidence prevented team from breaking out of their 8-game skid sooner.
  • Looking for athletic prospects at the combine but the GM and Ass-GM are more jacked than the players they're evaluating.
  • Weber is a "diamond-in-the-rough".
  • Take it or leave it ultimatums to Markov and Radulov and no back up plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milhouse40

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We didn't acquire players because "trades are hard" according to the fearless leader....he doesn't make trades at the deadline because prices are crazy...when the team does well, he doesn't want to disrupt the chemistry....when the team does bad, they see him coming a mile away....he doesn't believe in paying for UFA's. So when is a good time to trade for him?

"MB plays his cards close to the vest"....Ugh, I hate this one. There are agents and a whole bunch of people involved when it comes to trades. Plenty of people know. Subban was rumored for a long time but people were in denial until it actually happened. Everybody knew he was in on Duchene last year. Everybody knew he wanted Gardiner. They were all said to be true after the fact. There are plenty more.

The cards to the vest thing has to do with his trades, not UFA interest that tends to be widely disseminated.

He manages to keep most of his trades under the radar considering he's in a market where you probably have the most intrusive of media types, bloggers, pundits etc.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Not really that different between Subban and Tatar. Both would have 3 years in term left and would come with retention. Basically Tatar at $4.8M vs Subban at $6.5M (lets say). Both looking to have rebound years after a short stay with their previous team that didn't' work out.

Subban finished the season last year with 6 pts in the last 5 games and had 3 pts in 6 playoffs games. And because he is struggling on a new team that is not that good, he is done? Sorry, I don't think so. I can see him rebounding on a new team. Book mark it!

Mate i love pk as much as one can. But there is no denying he has become very very slow, its not the fact he is struggling, but the fact he is slow and getting slower in fast game that is getting faster

Reactions: Goal Caufield

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Mate i love pk as much as one can. But there is no denying he has become very very slow, its not the fact he is struggling, but the fact he is slow and getting slower in fast game that is getting faster

He's not slower than Weber. Sorry, I'm not the type to join popular believe bandwagons. Subban is not as bad as what people are exaggerating it to be. He's struggling on a bad team and I do see him rebounding on a new team.

Fans are so trendy and influenced. Bookmark this post... make fun of me later if you wish but there is potential of rebound. He's 30, not 35.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What about this? :dunno:

- Tatar
- One of Hillis or Ylonen
for
- 2020 1st
- Poulin
- Galchenyuk (cap dump... we probably let him walk as a UFA)

Pens fans on the main board said he would easily give a 1st+ for Tatar but they would have to send Galchenyuk as a cap dump to fit it in. I countered him with this.

Poulin the power forward option we could use :naughty:. Think I would push to take Ylonen out of the picture and if they like this trade, I would do it today. Poulin and a 1st are great pieces to add to our pool! I'd even be willing to take a 2021 1st instead of 2020

Last edited:

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019

Yes,that is the problem in Montreal ...Molson and Bergevin live in a fantasy world....you should be either going for the Stanley cup or having a plan and rebuilding by trading off veterans when their value is the highest but....they continue to go for 8th playoff spots with no realistic chance to win a cup with this unbalanced and incomplete roster.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Not that I'm advocating the OPs trade but Tatar was also considered to be declining fast when we traded for him. So they are in fact similar situations the difference being getting a top prospect vs a rental.
No, he had a bad run with Vegas after consistent seasons. PK has been declining year over year for the last couple. The salary and expectations make them completely different imo, but nevertheless. It would be a terrible trade for us.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No, he had a bad run with Vegas after consistent seasons. PK has been declining year over year for the last couple. The salary and expectations make them completely different imo, but nevertheless. It would be a terrible trade for us.

Subban had a career year in 17/18 bud. That was the season before last season. And his season last year with the Preds was cut short but he finished the season strong after his injury.

Subban for 3 years at $6.5M (lets say) is not that far off from Tatar for 3 years at $4.8M. Tatar actually had more decline IMO.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

He was bad with Detroit prior to him being traded too. Tatar had 28 points in 62 games prior to the trade. Somehow that's fine but Subban putting up 31 points in 63 games is him declining terribly

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
He was bad with Detroit prior to him being traded too. Tatar had 28 points in 62 games prior to the trade, that's a 37 point pace. Somehow that's not a decline but Subban putting up 31 points in
He's was on Detroit man, come on now

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Subban had a career year in 17/18 bud. That was the season before last season. And his season last year with the Preds was cut short but he finished the season strong after his injury.

Subban for 3 years at $6.5M (lets say) is not that far off from Tatar for 3 years at $4.8M. Tatar actually had more decline IMO.
Subban has 5 points and bad in his own end.... stop the madness.

Reactions: Sterling Archer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad