26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Here's the deal,
MB has a 1/2 of a first line,
No lf d man, and no size
And yet we want to win????
Price will get hammered , because he did not get them in,
Sad , bury our goalie, cause our GM bites....lol

We were pretty good the first quarter of the season, when healthy.

We took a nose dive when Drouin and Byron went down. That tells me we have a lack of offensive depth.

Some will say it was a coincidence. We weren't really good before the injuries. I disagree. I think we would have been even better before them with more offensive depth, and we'd be surviving the injuries better.

Reactions: jaffy27

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
There could be two first rounders coming back with those players traded. Imagine three first rounders in what some say is the best draft in the last 10 years.

The fact that it is the best draft in the last 10 years might tell you that those 1st round pick probably won't get traded easily.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The fact that it is the best draft in the last 10 years might tell you that those 1st round pick probably won't get traded easily.

Or that more incentive will have to go the other way but it would well be worth it, don’t you think?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It won’t be easy but a team like Boston or Colorado will not care too much about giving up these first rounder as they are clear favourites for deep playoff runs.

if we are beyond 5pts from a wild card and depending how many teams between us and that wildcard, we will have to sell off assets at TDL.....Petry/Tatar/Thompson/Weal will make perfect candidates for such an event

Reactions: Sterling Archer

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He's been better lately but completely blind to not draft Getzlaf or Carter or Parizé. Did not draft Bergeron, Giroux, Zajak, Kopitar and Point. Drafted McCarron to get some weight up front, drafted a solid D Tinordi, Beaulieu, a promising D David Fisher, drafted the two Kostitsyn and Grabovski and still at that time was considered a god guru of drafting here on this forum. He is drafting better and it seems like it's late, like 5 minutes "till midnight.

All those promising talents he drafted we'll see what they will become. I remember Reway and all those promising players that never pan out. Wait and see.
yet Bergevin has no problem whatsoever keeping him.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Here's the deal,
MB has a 1/2 of a first line,
No lf d man, and no size
And yet we want to win????
Price will get hammered , because he did not get them in,
Sad , bury our goalie, cause our GM bites....lol
8th year and counting............it's all on Price. Why do people not hold the organization accountable?

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
If Habs are in the hunt, you guys are not thinking right if you think Tatar and Petry will be traded.

Like it or not, Tatar, yet again, is aiming for a career season. One of the rare players who has answered the bell points-wise. Why would they trade him when they have all the trouble in the world to find decent wingers? You guys want the Hudons and Pecas of this world having regular shifts instead?

If the Habs are in the hunt for a playoff spot, he stays. As does Petry. In fact, Petry won't get traded. Kids are just not ready on the right side. They are just not ready ANYWHERE in this lineup, out of Fleury and Suzuki.

Reactions: Habs Icing

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
There could be two first rounders coming back with those players traded. Imagine three first rounders in what some say is the best draft in the last 10 years.
Not sure if Timmons is the man anymore.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Not sure if Timmons is the man anymore.
Timmins has never been the man for picking offensively gifted forwards - his strength has been Dman followed by goalies (which he has been amongst the best at to be honest) but inability to identify offensive talent up front is why this org in large part is in this vicious do loop of middle ground

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
If Habs are in the hunt, you guys are not thinking right if you think Tatar and Petry will be traded.

Like it or not, Tatar, yet again, is aiming for a career season. One of the rare players who has answered the bell points-wise. Why would they trade him when they have all the trouble in the world to find decent wingers? You guys want the Hudons and Pecas of this world having regular shifts instead?

If the Habs are in the hunt for a playoff spot, he stays. As does Petry. In fact, Petry won't get traded. Kids are just not ready on the right side. They are just not ready ANYWHERE in this lineup, out of Fleury and Suzuki.
If we trade Petry or Tatar we are getting an NHL contract coming back as part if the deal, someone who will be filler for a year or two. If a team wants Hall, as an example will want to move out a contract to make it work, if we need some filler for a year or two I wouldn’t worry about it.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
If we trade Petry or Tatar we are getting an NHL contract coming back as part if the deal, someone who will be filler for a year or two. If a team wants Hall, as an example will want to move out a contract to make it work, if we need some filler for a year or two I wouldn’t worry about it.
I mostly saw people wanting to trade Tatar for a (late) 1st rounder to a contender. I prefer Tatar to another suspect.

Reactions: Habs Icing

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
He's been better lately but completely blind to not draft Getzlaf or Carter or Parizé. Did not draft Bergeron, Giroux, Zajak, Kopitar and Point. Drafted McCarron to get some weight up front, drafted a solid D Tinordi, Beaulieu, a promising D David Fisher, drafted the two Kostitsyn and Grabovski and still at that time was considered a god guru of drafting here on this forum. He is drafting better and it seems like it's late, like 5 minutes "till midnight.

All those promising talents he drafted we'll see what they will become. I remember Reway and all those promising players that never pan out. Wait and see.
you can do the same analyse with all the NHL teams and the result will be exactly the same . Few years ago, Boston got 3 x middle first round selections ; go see who they picked instead of who they could have
Every teams passed on Bergeron who was picked in the second round
Reway was very good but got a heart disease that put him away off the ice for a long time

Jul 6, 2016
you can do the same analyse with all the NHL teams and the result will be exactly the same . Few years ago, Boston got 3 x middle first round selections ; go see who they picked instead of who they could have
Every teams passed on Bergeron who was picked in the second round
Reway was very good but got a heart disease that put him away off the ice for a long time

Reway was nothing special. A small forward always on his butt.

As for Timmins, his batting average is darn low.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
We were pretty good the first quarter of the season, when healthy.

We took a nose dive when Drouin and Byron went down. That tells me we have a lack of offensive depth.

Some will say it was a coincidence. We weren't really good before the injuries. I disagree. I think we would have been even better before them with more offensive depth, and we'd be surviving the injuries better.
JD ok, they miss him

Byron no way, he is a spare part , move him

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Reway was nothing special. A small forward always on his butt.

As for Timmins, his batting average is darn low.
He never drafted a quality center of his 15 years head scouting Habs. And no big power forward.
His batting is low.
As for Subban, every scouts knew him, he was skilled to be first round but his hyper-active personality bounced him second round. Subban knew he would be traded many times in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad