Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
What would it cost to acquire Ghostisbehere?

Il n'y a aucun doute que les Flyers cherchent probablement activement à échanger leur défenseur offensif qui ne semble plus l'ombre de lui-même depuis la saison passée et selon ce que rapporte David Ettedgui, ancien agent de Carey Price et Brendan Gallagher, on connaîtrait le prix à payer pour le Canadien dans ce dossier.

Tel qu'entendu sur les ondes de RDS à l'émission On Jase, les Flyers exigeraient l'attaquant Artturi Lehkonen, l'espoir Jesse Ylonen ainsi qu'un choix de 2e ronde pour les services de leur défenseur.

TRANSLATION: The Flyers are likely actively looking to trade Ghostisbehere who is no longer the player he once was since last season, according to David Ettedgui, who used to represent Carey Price and Brendan Gallagher and the price to be paid to acquire him, is apparently known.

As broadcast on the RDS show "On Jase", the Flyers asked for Lehkonen, Ylonen and a 2nd round pick in exchange for Ghostisbehere.

Le prix à payer serait connu pour Shayne Gostisbehere
If thats all it takes why hasnt MB already made this trade thats a great deal for us

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If thats all it takes why hasnt MB already made this trade thats a great deal for us

Lehkonen, Ylonen and a 2nd round pick for Ghost is too much. Ghostisbehere is like Reilly but produces a bit more. He had one very good season but is terrible defensively. Best to wait and let them get humbled in their attempts to move him. I would offer Reilly and Ylonen at most. I'm not trading Lehkonen or any draft pick for a guy like Ghostisbehere. How many teams are looking for a LD? Not many which is why he has not been moved as well as Leddy. But as time moves forward their value drops cause they are liabilities on D!

As far as I'm concerned, Lehkonen is very close to being worth Ghost. Edge to Ghost for sure but the gap is not huge. Keep Lehkonen, the kid does a lot for us and it's not about points.

Remember those who wanted to trade Drouin for Ghost in the summer? :facepalm:

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Lehkonen, Ylonen and a 2nd round pick for Ghost is too much. Ghostisbehere is like Reilly but produces a bit more. He had one very good season but is terrible defensively.

Best to wait and let them get humbled in their attempts to move him. I would offer Reilly and Ylonen at most. I'm not trading Lehkonen or any draft pick for a guy like Ghostisbehere. How many teams are looking for a LD? Not many which is why he has not been moved as well as Leddy. But as time moves forward their value drops cause they are liabilities on D!

As far as I'm concerned, Lehkonen is very close to being worth Ghost. Edge to Ghost for sure but the gap is not huge. Keep Lehkonen, the kid does a lot for us and it's not about points.

Remember those who wanted to trade Drouin for Ghost in the summer? :facepalm:
All 3 of the parts they are asking for are spare parts for this team easily replaceable Ghost is exactly what we need an offensive pp quarterback left d and he suspiciously started playing poorly when the Flyers got a new coach I think he easily bounces back with a new team

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
All 3 of the parts they are asking for are spare parts for this team easily replaceable Ghost is exactly what we need an offensive pp quarterback left d and he suspiciously started playing poorly when the Flyers got a new coach I think he easily bounces back with a new team

Ghost is not our answer IMO. I am interested but not going to overpay. I don't consider Lehkonen a spare part cause he is not even in his prime yet. Don't count him out cause you are looking at points only. He's an important for checker and we will miss his speed.

Reilly and Ylonen is my offer. Less disruption to our current roster. They get to use Reilly as a depth piece which every team can use and they get a good trending prospect in Ylonen. I'm willing to move him cause we have lots of RW depth. That's the offer and if they don't like it, I wish them good luck with other teams. If you change your mind, give us a call.

No way in hell I'm trading any pick in the 1st 3 rounds for the foreseeable future. If I am willing to do so, it has to be for a Hall with an intention type deal where he is under contract when our kids move through their 20's

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Ghost is not our answer IMO. I am interested but not going to overpay. I don't consider Lehkonen a spare part cause he is not even in his prime yet. Don't count him out cause you are looking at points only. He's an important for checker and we will miss his speed.

Reilly and Ylonen is my offer. Less disruption to our current roster. They get to use Reilly as a depth piece which every team can use and they get a good trending prospect in Ylonen. I'm willing to move him cause we have lots of RW depth. That's the offer and if they don't like it, I wish them good luck with other teams. If you change your mind, give us a call.

No way in hell I'm trading any pick in the 1st 3 rounds for the foreseeable future. If I am willing to do so, it has to be for a Hall with an intention type deal where he is under contract when our kids move through their 20's

Just speculating here,but if Habs land Ghost, who will be moving out? can hardly have 2 imps like Ghost and Mete at the same time.

Not sure I like Reily over Kulak at this point,but early to make a proper consensus. Would be ideal if Olafson could actually get a game or 2 to make an assessment.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just speculating here,but if Habs land Ghost, who will be moving out? can hardly have 2 imps like Ghost and Mete at the same time.

Not sure I like Reily over Kulak at this point,but early to make a proper consensus. Would be ideal if Olafson could actually get a game or 2 to make an assessment.

The rumor Runner posted was Lehkonen, Ylonen, and a 2nd. I get how the Flyers would want that return but it's too much for a player on a down trend in production and not any better than Reilly in his own end.

My offer would be Reilly and Ylonen. Maybe I would add a B prospect like Hillis or McShane. Lehkonen and our 2nd is off the table. If they had interest in Byron, I would engage.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The rumor Runner posted was Lehkonen, Ylonen, and a 2nd. I get how the Flyers would want that return but it's too much for a player on a down trend in production.

My offer would be Reilly and Ylonen. Maybe I would add a B prospect like Hillis or McShane. Lehkonen and our 2nd is off the table. If they had interest in Byron, I would engage.

Regardless of whom would be packaged to obtain Ghost,is Ghost the answer anyways. Habs want/need to upgrade LD,with all criteria being necessary,not confident that Ghost would be an upgrade on the D perspective of things. Not sure he's ahead of what Habs ice currently in that regard.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Regardless of whom would be packaged to obtain Ghost,is Ghost the answer anyways. Habs want/need to upgrade LD,with all criteria being necessary,not confident that Ghost would be an upgrade on the D perspective of things. Not sure he's ahead of what Habs ice currently in that regard.

Definitely interested in Acquiring Ghost but they are not getting the price they want for a guy who is not trending well in terms of production (which is his strength) and is well below average in his own end defensively.

He might make our team D worse! But I think he would fit in well with our RD's. If the price was right, I would engage

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Definitely interested in Acquiring Ghost but they are not getting the price they want for a guy who is not trending well in terms of production (which is his strength) and is well below average in his own end defensively.

He might make our team D worse! But I think he would fit in well with our RD's. If the price was right, I would engage

Why do you always speak in absolutes like you're running the team or something? You sound like MB, wants everything for nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: habsfan891

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia

We have 6 more players that play the exact same game as lekonen thus hes an extra piece we have 2 2nds we can afford to give one up especially when its for something we dont have and need badly your not going to get a player of any significance for your offer its just not strong enough

Reactions: HankyZetts

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The rumor Runner posted was Lehkonen, Ylonen, and a 2nd. I get how the Flyers would want that return but it's too much for a player on a down trend in production and not any better than Reilly in his own end.

Gost is a steady 35+ points D since the beginning of his career.
With 14 points last year and 33 points 2 years ago on the PP.…..that's something we really need.

1- Do we have the luxury of waiting 2 more years to find a solution on LD?
2- Does Lehkonen will be anywhere else than on 4th line in the next few years and can we get a better return for him?

I don't mind the price. It's like we're giving away something very valuable considering the make up of this team.
I don't mind it's a little too much.
I care more about fixing some of the issues and Gost, although a long shot from being perfect, is the type of D we need.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We have 6 more players that play the exact same game as lekonen thus hes an extra piece we have 2 2nds we can afford to give one up especially when its for something we dont have and need badly your not going to get a player of any significance for your offer its just not strong enough

Disagree towards Lehkonen and the 2nd's (especially the 2nd's). Those extra 2nd's is why we have a very good prospect pool so we should not be so quick to trade them for short term gains. Lehkonen is a speedy forward who is very good on the for check. He is in my bottom 6 future plans. I would consider trading Ylonen though cause RW has lots of options.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Gost is a steady 35+ points D since the beginning of his career.
With 14 points last year and 33 points 2 years ago on the PP.…..that's something we really need.

1- Do we have the luxury of waiting 2 more years to find a solution on LD?
2- Does Lehkonen will be anywhere else than on 4th line in the next few years and can we get a better return for him?

I don't mind the price. It's like we're giving away something very valuable considering the make up of this team.
I don't mind it's a little too much.
I care more about fixing some of the issues and Gost, although a long shot from being perfect, is the type of D we need.

We need to be careful with having both Mete and Gost in the mix. Great skaters and puck movers but don't overlook physical play in your own end. Definitely interested in Ghost but not paying that price (Lehkonen, Ylonen, and a 2nd). I agree with Bergevin on this one.

Package 1: Reilly, Ylonen, and one of McShane or Hillis

Package 2: Byron, Reilly, and a 3rd

I'm including Reilly cause we need to move some salary out and he might get claimed if we send him to the AHL.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
We need to be careful with having both Mete and Gost in the mix. Great skaters and puck movers but don't overlook physical play in your own end. Definitely interested in Ghost but not paying that price (Lehkonen, Ylonen, and a 2nd). I agree with Bergevin on this one.

I'm including Reilly cause we need to move some salary out and he might get claimed if we send him to the AHL.
Neither of those packages is strong enough tbh Reilly has close to negative value and the players and prospects your offering besides dont bridge the value gap if Ghost is traded it will be for fair value not a runaway as fast as you can steal value

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Bergevin has been doing nothing for 2 years, he can pass if he wants but have to figure out a way to fix it in the coming weeks, not years and months. Enough is enough already.

Don't know how much value you give Lehkonen, but by next year he's on the 4th line and he'll be worth 3rd round pick at the very best on the trade market. I'd trade that in a heartbeat if that give us the PP quaterback we desperatly need since Markov left.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Neither of those packages is strong enough tbh Reilly has close to negative value and the players and prospects your offering besides dont bridge the value gap if Ghost is traded it will be for fair value not a runaway as fast as you can steal value

That's fine. If the Flyers think it's not enough, I'm willing to move on from it. I'm interested in Ghost, not desperate for him. We need to be careful with thinking he is our answer. It's very possible that he drives our coaches (and Price) nuts with his play in our end. This is why the Flyers are looking to move him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bergevin has been doing nothing for 2 years, he can pass if he wants but have to figure out a way to fix it in the coming weeks, not years and months. Enough is enough already.

Don't know how much value you give Lehkonen, but by next year he's on the 4th line and he'll be worth 3rd round pick at the very best on the trade market. I'd trade that in a heartbeat if that give us the PP quaterback we desperatly need since Markov left.

On this topic, I agree with Bergevin and he does have a good track record of not losing trades. We can't be looking at Ghost offensive ability only. It's an overall game approach and his play in his own end might not result in what you imagine. I don't know for sure so the price I pay is not a full one for a player not trending well

Ask yourself why the Flyers would like to move on from him and you understand what my potential concerns are. Having both Mete and Ghost in the mix is a concern of mine. I do not want to build our D like the Leafs. But I am interested in Ghost if the price is right for our team and if he disappoints, we can move on from him as well and we didn't trade away assets we can use.

Those 2nd's are off the table with me unless it's used in a package to get Hall in a sign and trade.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
That's fine. If the Flyers think it's not enough, I'm willing to move on from it. I'm interested in Ghost, not desperate for him. We need to be careful with thinking he is our answer. It's very possible that he drives our coaches (and Price) nuts with his play in our end. This is why the Flyers are looking to move him.
You keep referencing his poor defensive ability but we have defense in abundance already with our other 5 defense so yes i think we should be able to live with a below average defensive offensive defensman considering the rest of the blueline is built to cover for him

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ghost's +/- and how it ranks on the Flyers...

19/20: -4 in 14 games (ranks 4th last)
18/19: -20 in 78 games (ranks dead last)
17/18: +10 in 78 games (ranks 5th)
16/17: -21 in 76 games (ranks 2nd last)
15/16: +8 in 64 games (ranks 3rd)

He had one complete season where he put up 65 pts and was a +10. You buying into that in terms of him being that type of player with us? I see what you see in offensive potential but I'm not going to ignore his play in his own end. And it has not been good in the last two seasons so why should we pay top price for when he is at his best offensively when he's been disappointing lately? Trends matter

It could go both ways if we acquire Ghost. So the price needs to be right before I personally pull the trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad