Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I see, placed on IR Sunday. Got to be for another round of plumbers then :laugh:

Honestly, makes it pretty interesting as there aren't many players that have played in those games, fit the style MB/CJ are pushing, and might also be available.

Vesey has had a rough start, fits what the Habs need (shooter with size), and may be available, but wasn't playing in one of the games and was recently acquired. I'm not sure why Rodrigues would be of any interest, but Friedman (I think) reported that he may be available. The defenceman that the Habs would be looking at are either core pieces (Miller, Dahlin, McCabe) for Buffalo and likely aren't available, or didn't play in one or both of the games that the Habs scouts attended (Pilut, Gilmour)

The more I look at it, the more I'd expect a player like Sobotka might be made available in a swap for one of Byron/Weal. Perhaps Lehkonen for Girgensons if the Habs are trying to get heavier on the bottom two lines.

That, or absolutely nothing and the teams are just scouting each other for upcoming games.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Honestly, makes it pretty interesting as there aren't many players that have played in those games, fit the style MB/CJ are pushing, and might also be available.

Vesey has had a rough start, fits what the Habs need (shooter with size), and may be available, but wasn't playing in one of the games and was recently acquired. I'm not sure why Rodrigues would be of any interest, but Friedman (I think) reported that he may be available. The defenceman that the Habs would be looking at are either core pieces (Miller, Dahlin, McCabe) for Buffalo and likely aren't available, or didn't play in one or both of the games that the Habs scouts attended (Pilut, Gilmour)

The more I look at it, the more I'd expect a player like Sobotka might be made available in a swap for one of Byron/Weal. Perhaps Lehkonen for Girgensons if the Habs are trying to get heavier on the bottom two lines.

That, or absolutely nothing and the teams are just scouting each other for upcoming games.
Also: It could be the Sabres asking for a Hab and the Habs looking at what they can get in return.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Also: It could be the Sabres asking for a Hab and the Habs looking at what they can get in return.

True, TSN reporting that Buffalo is looking at acquiring a top-6 and bottom-6 forward. Habs could definitely afford to move a bottom-6 player.

The Price is Right

Jul 3, 2008
Apparently Haydn Fleury is on the block. Would be real nice to get him and have both bros reunited. Haydn as a LD would be a great fit on the Habs. I would give up Lehkonen and a pick

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The obvious names would be Beaudin or Krys, but I don't think Chicago would trade such young prospect right now, with the way they are playing.

Speculation is that Bergevin was scouting Beaudin: Marc Bergevin s'est déplacé pour assister à une rencontre de la Ligue Américaine ce weekend

Certains croient qu'il pourrait s'agir du défenseur gaucher Québecois Nicolas Beaudin qui était apparemment haut dans la liste du Canadien lors de son année de repêchage en 2018, lui qui avait été sélectionné en 1ere ronde (27e total), quelques rangs seulement avant que ne parle le CH et doive se rabattre sur l'attaquant Jesse Ylonen en début de 2e ronde (35e total).

TRANSLATION: Some believe that (Bergevin was scouting) Nicolas Beaudin, who apparently ranked high on the Habs's draft list in 2018 and who was taken in the first round (27thOA), a few slots ahead of Habs's pick Jesse Ylonen (2nd round, 35th OA).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What would it cost to acquire Ghostisbehere?

Il n'y a aucun doute que les Flyers cherchent probablement activement à échanger leur défenseur offensif qui ne semble plus l'ombre de lui-même depuis la saison passée et selon ce que rapporte David Ettedgui, ancien agent de Carey Price et Brendan Gallagher, on connaîtrait le prix à payer pour le Canadien dans ce dossier.

Tel qu'entendu sur les ondes de RDS à l'émission On Jase, les Flyers exigeraient l'attaquant Artturi Lehkonen, l'espoir Jesse Ylonen ainsi qu'un choix de 2e ronde pour les services de leur défenseur.

TRANSLATION: The Flyers are likely actively looking to trade Ghostisbehere who is no longer the player he once was since last season, according to David Ettedgui, who used to represent Carey Price and Brendan Gallagher and the price to be paid to acquire him, is apparently known.

As broadcast on the RDS show "On Jase", the Flyers asked for Lehkonen, Ylonen and a 2nd round pick in exchange for Ghostisbehere.

Le prix à payer serait connu pour Shayne Gostisbehere

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Ghostisbehere is God awful. The Flyers would love to pawn him off and get a good return

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Speculation is that Bergevin was scouting Beaudin: Marc Bergevin s'est déplacé pour assister à une rencontre de la Ligue Américaine ce weekend

Certains croient qu'il pourrait s'agir du défenseur gaucher Québecois Nicolas Beaudin qui était apparemment haut dans la liste du Canadien lors de son année de repêchage en 2018, lui qui avait été sélectionné en 1ere ronde (27e total), quelques rangs seulement avant que ne parle le CH et doive se rabattre sur l'attaquant Jesse Ylonen en début de 2e ronde (35e total).

TRANSLATION: Some believe that (Bergevin was scouting) Nicolas Beaudin, who apparently ranked high on the Habs's draft list in 2018 and who was taken in the first round (27thOA), a few slots ahead of Habs's pick Jesse Ylonen (2nd round, 35th OA).

Yeah I've seen the speculation but I've a hard time believing it. He's a really good young prospect, I don't see why Chicago would part way with him, except for a prospect swap, and it would cost us a high level prospect.

The other way would be to take a bad contract, but the only one bad enough for them to give Beaudin would be Seabrook, and that's a big no-no.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah I've seen the speculation but I've a hard time believing it. He's a really good young prospect, I don't see why Chicago would part way with him, except for a prospect swap, and it would cost us a high level prospect.

The other way would be to take a bad contract, but the only one bad enough for them to give Beaudin would be Seabrook, and that's a big no-no.

I knew you were aware of the speculation. Wrote for the benefit of others.

Agreed with your take.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
I would easily do Lehky, Ylonen, and 2nd for Ghost, but he should be worth more than that

With the way he's playing this year (and last), I don't think he's worth more than a young 3rd line W, a prospect who was a high 2nd round pick (and with good potential) and another 2nd round pick (with the way we've drafted with these 2nd lately, we shouldn't trade them lightly).

Reactions: Runner77

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
If I'm rolling the dice on a LD in hope he return to his past form, I would go after Erik Gustafsson, who's UFA and would cost next to nothing. I don't have the highest hope on him, but we could always reflip him at the deadline if we find something else, if he isn't working in the system or if we're out of playoff.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Two teams with D to move, are looking for top 6/9 forwards as per TSN's insiders.

Bad news: one of them is the Canes.
Good news: the other is the Sabres.

Last edited:

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Two teams looking for top 6/9 forwards as per TSN's insiders.

Bad news: one of them is the Canes.
Good news: the other is the Sabres.

I personally don't see a fit, maybe Lehkonen for Pilut? It's the only thing that would make "some" sense (other than just trading Hudon or Weal for next to nothing), but they don't even have the cap space for that. And Lehkonen is useful because he can play a lot of role with the team, and we would be stuck with Pilut, Kulak and Reilly who can play LD but not enough good 3rd line forwards...

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
What would it cost to acquire Ghostisbehere?

Il n'y a aucun doute que les Flyers cherchent probablement activement à échanger leur défenseur offensif qui ne semble plus l'ombre de lui-même depuis la saison passée et selon ce que rapporte David Ettedgui, ancien agent de Carey Price et Brendan Gallagher, on connaîtrait le prix à payer pour le Canadien dans ce dossier.

Tel qu'entendu sur les ondes de RDS à l'émission On Jase, les Flyers exigeraient l'attaquant Artturi Lehkonen, l'espoir Jesse Ylonen ainsi qu'un choix de 2e ronde pour les services de leur défenseur.

TRANSLATION: The Flyers are likely actively looking to trade Ghostisbehere who is no longer the player he once was since last season, according to David Ettedgui, who used to represent Carey Price and Brendan Gallagher and the price to be paid to acquire him, is apparently known.

As broadcast on the RDS show "On Jase", the Flyers asked for Lehkonen, Ylonen and a 2nd round pick in exchange for Ghostisbehere.

Le prix à payer serait connu pour Shayne Gostisbehere

If that's true why the f*** didn't we pull the trigger.

Lehkonen sucks.
Ylonen sucks
2nd round pick will just likely suck.

Reactions: habsfan891

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Apparently Haydn Fleury is on the block. Would be real nice to get him and have both bros reunited. Haydn as a LD would be a great fit on the Habs. I would give up Lehkonen and a pick

If Fleury was that good, he would be playing ahead of Edmundson on the bottom pairing. Lehkonen and a pick is way too much!

I rather try to get Bean. Fleury is 23 and can't win a job over Edmundson? What makes you think Fleury wins a job on our roster over Reilly and Kulak?

Reactions: Steeler23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
If Fleury was that good, he would be playing ahead of Edmundson on the bottom pairing. Lehkonen and a pick is way too much!

I rather try to get Bean. Fleury is 23 and can't win a job over Edmundson? What makes you think Fleury wins a job on our roster over Reilly and Kulak?

Edmundson >>> Kulak/Rielly

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Edmundson >>> Kulak/Rielly

One > notch, not three.

I'm not drooling to acquire H Fleury. Go after Bean or try to acquire Fleury for cheap. Use Hillis or McShane types. Canes are trying to get value and they can try but we are not giving them the value they want and I doubt any team will.

They signed Gardiner took Edmundson in the Falk trade for a reason. Fleury is not worth much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad