Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You keep referencing his poor defensive ability but we have defense in abundance already with our other 5 defense so yes i think we should be able to live with a below average defensive offensive defensman considering the rest of the blueline is built to cover for him

I'm 50/50 on that one. That's why I'm interested but with concerns. I do not want to build our D like the Leafs. Look at how Barrie looks with them? Being reliable in your own end is important and we need to protect Price. That is on the needs list just as much as we want a PP quarterback

Imagine if Ghost produces like Barrie has with the Leafs? Then what? You have negative value cause they are not strong in their own end

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
On this topic, I agree with Bergevin and he does have a good track record of not losing trades. We can't be looking at Ghost offensive ability only. It's an overall game approach and his play in his own end might not result in what you imagine. I don't know for sure so the price I pay is not a full one for a player not trending well

Ask yourself why the Flyers would like to move on from him and you understand what my potential concerns are

It gives nothing to win trade if in the end the team loses.
His job is to make the team better, not win trade in a nutshell.

You're talking like we have gold right now defensively on Left or that Bergevin is able to find some other solution…..Chiarot, Mete and Reilly/Kulak have all been close to bad this year in their own zone. Gost would not be a downgrade in that part of the game, but at least he's better offensively than all of them (probably combined) and he would be the only D able to play the QB position on the PP. There, he would giant upgrade.

Maybe putting him with Weber instead of Braun or Gudas would also helped him a ton too.
And maybe also having Price backing him up instead of the total crap goaltending the Flyers had over the last few years also helped his confidence.

And as for questions….maybe Gost asked for a trade for all we know.
Maybe they have other need somewhere they wants to fill and have enough depth there
They do need to make some Cap room to breathe a little.

Gost has been their best producing D since he's in the league, he's 26.....and here we are thinking was smarter to signed someone like Chiarot, Alzner, Kulak and Rielly.

Reactions: habsfan891

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

You're talking like we have gold right now defensively on Left or that Bergevin is able to find some other solution…..Chiarot, Mete and Reilly/Kulak have all been close to bad this year in their own zone. Gost would not be a downgrade in that part of the game, but at least he's better offensively than all of them (probably combined) and he would be the only D able to play the QB position on the PP. There, he would giant upgrade.

Maybe putting him with Weber instead of Braun or Gudas would also helped him a ton too.
And maybe also having Price backing him up instead of the total crap goaltending the Flyers had over the last few years also helped his confidence.

Maybe they have other need somewhere they wants to fill and have enough depth there

Gost has been their best producing D since he's in the league, he's 26.....and here we are thinking was smarter to signed someone like Chiarot, Alzner, Kulak and Rielly.

With or without Ghost, I don't think we are going on a deep playoff run so why trade the futures that have more value to us in the 3+ year range when our youth move through their 20's?

What happens if you pay that price and Ghost disappoints like Barrie has with the Leafs? Then what? Your short term gain disappears and you also lost the futures. I see what you see but I am looking deeper and I have my concerns. You know them by now and you don't have to agree.

I'd engage in pieces like Ylonen, 4th (maybe a 3rd), Reilly, Byron, and prospects like McShane and Hillis. If they don't like it, I'm fully prepared to move on. They have been trying to trade Ghost for a while now and his value has dropped. I'd trade Tatar for Leddy and a 2nd though. Why? Same reasons for acquiring Ghost but we get the 2nd as insurance and it means more to when our youth moves through their 20's in 3+ years.

Would the Flyers do a Tatar for Ghost and a 2nd? Go after the 2021 2nd so we have two that draft as well.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Going for Ghost seems like a wise gamble. I don't know how well he would work with Julien, but if the value is fairly cheap, you kinda have to go for it. No more waiver wire pickups and going after bad teams junk.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

And maybe also having Price backing him up instead of the total crap
goaltending the Flyers had over the last few years also helped his confidence.

But can he be a big point producer without playing with Giroux, Voracek and cie ? I have some doubt that he is the solution

Reactions: Steeler23

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
What about defensive play? Are we looking at his offensive ability only?

And with all due respect, stop calling our assets crap. Who's side you on? Flyers or Habs?

We need someone who can more the puck and run the pp.

With all due respect stop overvaluing everyone on the habs in your proposals you constantly do. Not everything the habs have is good and/or valuable

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We need someone who can more the puck and run the pp.

With all due respect stop overvaluing everyone on the habs in your proposals you constantly do. Not everything the habs have is good and/or valuable

Ghost can be an upgrade for our PP or he can disappoint like Barrie. Then you have a struggling offensive D man who is a liability in your own end. I see both sides to this equation.

Your overrating of prospect narrative is false. Stop the insults now. I was the one who stood up against a lot of people saying our prospect pool was going to turn around in 2017. I've done my homework and it's not just some wild shot in the dark like you think it is.

For the record, focusing on a poster is against the rules. Is this all you have with the Ghost debate? I'll take that as you have little value to engage in the debate and your frustration within the debate resorts into insults. Just stop. It's ok to not agree.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
But can he be a big point producer without playing with Giroux, Voracek and cie ? I have some doubt that he is the solution

He might not be THE solution, but he would be an improvement that's for sure.
Won't get THE solution for Lehkonen either….would cost a lot more like KK, Suzuki, 1st or Drouin.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Ghost can be an upgrade for our PP or he can disappoint like Barrie. Then you have a struggling offensive D man who is a liability in your own end. I see both sides to this equation.

Your overrating of prospect narrative is false. Stop the insults now. I was the one who stood up against a lot of people saying our prospect pool was going to turn around in 2017. I've done my homework and it's not just some wild shot in the dark like you think it is.

For the record, focusing on a poster is against the rules. Is this all you have with the Ghost debate? I'll take that as you have little value to engage in the debate and your frustration within the debate resorts into insults. Just stop. It's ok to not agree.
I dont believe hes intending to be rude to you hes just saying that not every piece the habs have is valuable which in all fairness most of your propsals seem to imply at least thats how i took it.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Not to mention he has another 4 years left at $4.5M. That is too good a cap hit for a guy who already has a 65-point season.

Last year, he had 37 points on a down year. Aside from Weber and Petry, the Habs would be lucky to have another defenseman to sniff 30+ points, not to mention near 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad