Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - What's Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

Was it Gainey that said he wouldn't negotiate contracts while the season was still going on or was it Gauthier? Either way, Bergevin has been so great giving those contracts to Plekanec and Emelin...

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Was it Gainey that said he wouldn't negotiate contracts while the season was still going on or was it Gauthier? Either way, Bergevin has been so great giving those contracts to Plekanec and Emelin...

Gainey.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I do.

He had the balls to acquire Kovalev.

Those were exciting times to watch the team play. Now? I'd rather be a part of the online TMZ picking a part the team because actually watching them doesn't bring me any joy.

MB had the balls to get Vanek, Petry etc. But yes, I agree that BG would not be shy about pulling the trigger. Problem is BG made many small bad deals ( due mostly to his damn coach, JM ) and a couple bad bigger ones. You know the one.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
MB had the balls to get Vanek, Petry etc. But yes, I agree that BG would not be shy about pulling the trigger. Problem is BG made many small bad deals ( due mostly to his damn coach, JM ) and a couple bad bigger ones. You know the one.

Yup. that was the 2nd worst trade the habs have made in modern history. At least that comes to my younger mind.

But top six wingers that Gainey/Gauthier added:

Kovalev
Gionta
Cammelier
Cole
Gomez (was a 50+ point getter coming in)
Tanguay

to list what comes to mind.

Bergevin in his 4th year: Vanek (who walked)

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Yup. that was the 2nd worst trade the habs have made in modern history. At least that comes to my younger mind.

But top six wingers that Gainey/Gauthier added:

Kovalev
Gionta
Cammelier
Cole
Gomez (was a 50+ point getter coming in)
Tanguay

to list what comes to mind.

Bergevin in his 4th year: Vanek (who walked)

Thought you were just talking trades, but yes you are right, he signed some talent. You forgot his first splash, Hamrlik. That signing was trumped by BG to say we were back.Good signing. Thing is, MB has been busy signing our own guys, not much cash for UFAs, and not as many coming on market now.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Thought you were just talking trades, but yes you are right, he signed some talent. You forgot his first splash, Hamrlik. That signing was trumped by BG to say we were back.Good signing. Thing is, MB has been busy signing our own guys, not much cash for UFAs, and not as many coming on market now.

Another point I'd like to argue, is that Gainey's squads were indeed better. But they didn't have Price in his prime.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
What's next? We sell:

1. Plekanec, 6 million
2. Markov, 5.75 million
3. Desharnais, 3.5 million
4. Eller 3.5 million
5. Emelin 4.1 million

And hope Bergevin is intelligent enough to understand the word re-tool. That list is 22.85 million in cap space. Enough to talk to Yandle, Stamkos, Boedker, etc...

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
More from Brian Wilde:

@BWildeCTV 9m9 minutes ago
The ask for Drouin appears to be an NHL roster defenceman and a Grade A prospect. #Habs #Lightning

I wonder how much Yzerman likes Emelin :sarcasm:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
More from Brian Wilde:

The ask for Drouin appears to be an NHL roster defenceman and a Grade A prospect. #Habs #Lightning

Would you do Bealieu + McCarron?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
More from Brian Wilde:

Emelin and Scherbak ? Well, it fits, Scherbak being Grade A in our pool.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
More from Brian Wilde:

He has been very good this year .... Emelin + Scherbak or Pateryn + Juulsen not really sure what the definition of grade A prospect is because your not getting Marner for Drouin.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
After today's deal, I do like the fact we now have basically 2.5mill in cap space to work with now.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
So is anybody else done if they trade Galchenyuk for anything less than a first liner?

I wouldn't say done. I guess it would depend on the return in all honesty.

Overall though, trading a already promising young big center who is getting real taste of it this year for the first time and still thriving is counter productive if you ask me.

I mean the return would have to be very solid. You build around the center supposedly Bergevin says "you can't find through trades". I guess unless Bergevin is trading him :dunno:

This overall just doesn't make sense why it's even being thought of.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Tampa was rumored to be looking for a young RD like Shattenkirk or Ceci. I don't think Bergevin is on top of this. He makes AHL trades folks, not block busters.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I don't trust Bergevin to make another single move. Fire him, and let Timmins do the fire sale and tank. Retool for next year when Price is back 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad