Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - What's Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I said it before and i ll say it again Bergevin is a terrible GM. None of the trades he made i would have made including the Bourque trade for Allen. Habs had a pretty solid looking team at the start of last season...He completely disseminated the roster.

Patches - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
DD- Plekanec - Weise/PAP
Sekac - Eller- Bourque
DLR/Malhothra/Bounival/Prust

Markov Subban
Emelin Petry
Tinordi/Gilbert/PAteryn//Beaulieu/

okay maybe not disseminated but how did he make it better? I could get paid millions for this kind of management.
We didn't have Petry last season mate...
So that's one trade you at least seemingly like

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
No one is giving you a 1st for Markov

Then no one is getting Markov.

No point trading him for a 3rd pick (a 2nd of a good team is almost a 3rd) or bottom 6 guys. We don't need those. BTW sekera a pretty average top 4 d returned a conditional 1st last year. Just saying.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Then no one is getting Markov.

No point trading him for a 3rd pick (a 2nd of a good team is almost a 3rd) or bottom 6 guys. We don't need those. BTW sekera a pretty average top 4 d returned a conditional 1st last year. Just saying.
He was also 28 years old

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
That's the problem, people get too attached and let their feelings get in the way of good asset management. Markov should have been traded a few years ago along with Plekanec when we had the chance to go full rebuild. Now it's going to be harder to receive a decent return for Markov but if a good deal comes along you have to make it and move forward. These are players that won't lead us to anything moving forward and are not in the right slot here. You have to cut ties at some point and move on. Plek should go be a 3rd liner somewhere on a contender and he might have a chance to win something, cause it won't be here playing on the top line. Same thing with Markov, he makes too much for what he brings to the table.

I'm not attached to players....I've been on the trade Plekanec wagon for a good 3-4 years now. I saw then, what were seeing now.

as for Markov, it's not that I'm attached to him, I just think it's highly unlikely a team would want to take him on with anothe ryear left on his deal and I wouldn't want to trade him for a cap dump

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Looks like Boston is gonna trade Erickson....if we are gonna trade Plekanec, we better do it now before Boston beats us to the punch as i think these two players are very similar and the first of the two to get traded will get the better return.

Erickson is almost 4 years younger than Plekanec, and he's actually having a very good year and he's a pending UFA

It'll be a lot easier for the Bruins to move him if they want...

LOTS of contenders would want to add a 25-30 goal scoring winger who has no financial commitment beyond this year

Yoshidas Island

Jan 2, 2015
I'm not attached to players....I've been on the trade Plekanec wagon for a good 3-4 years now. I saw then, what were seeing now.

as for Markov, it's not that I'm attached to him, I just think it's highly unlikely a team would want to take him on with anothe ryear left on his deal and I wouldn't want to trade him for a cap dump

Pierre Lebrun just said that he didn't think MTL would have any difficulties finding suitors if we decide to trade Markov...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Pierre Lebrun just said that he didn't think MTL would have any difficulties finding suitors if we decide to trade Markov...

OK if he says so....I'm skeptical, again, the issue is the money

I'm sure some teams would love Markov, but not without unloading some undesirable(s) along with it

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013

Everybody, and I mean everybody on these boards, and every local talk show host, wants to trade Markov because he is 37 years old, is not playing well, and has a large contract.

So why would GMs, guys who make a living evaluating players, not realize what the situation is with Markov. Why would they give away something of better value for him? That makes no sense, and that is the reality of the situation with Markov.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Everybody, and I mean everybody on these boards, and every local talk show host, wants to trade Markov because he is 37 years old, is not playing well, and has a large contract.

So why would GMs, guys who make a living evaluating players, not realize what the situation is with Markov. Why would they give away something of better value for him? That makes no sense, and that is the reality of the situation with Markov.

all you're saying is true...

but every year we see it, GMs trading for players based on reputation, not on actual play.

Yoshidas Island

Jan 2, 2015

It may hurt but that's what it is.

It would definitely be primarily picks. Teams value experience heavily in the playoffs, and Markov has played in the playoffs a lot. Teams like Dallas who don't have an insane amount of experience on the back end, (Oduya is there, but other than that not really much playoff experience) they'd be interested in acquiring some for the playoffs. Markov's play isn't indicative of his whole year, he's still a capable player at 17-19 minutes a night, and great PP ability, something that's not to go unnoticed.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
all you're saying is true...

but every year we see it, GMs trading for players based on reputation, not on actual play.

No we don't, not any more.

Dallas going for Markov and picking up his $5.75M contract is not going to happen.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
No we don't, not any more.

Dallas going for Markov and picking up his $5.75M contract is not going to happen.

Timmonen to the Hawks.

Not saying Markov WILL be traded, but it does happen that teams acquire players based on reputation... will/would be harder for Martkov though as his contract goes beyond this season.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Timmonen to the Hawks.

Not saying Markov WILL be traded, but it does happen that teams acquire players based on reputation... will/would be harder for Martkov though as his contract goes beyond this season.

Of course the contract counts, it's the main reason. If Markov's contract was ending this year, he would be far easier to move, but his contract is not ending. It's not the same as a few years ago, teams now do not add $5.75M ongoing contracts of slowing aging players let alone give up anything of value for them.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Be really bad.
Get the #1 pick
Draft Auston Matthews
Trade Alex Galchenyuk for top 5 pick
Draft Matthew Tkachuk

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Markov's and Plekanec's value are dropping by the game. Then again as if MB would even make a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad