Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread Ver 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDieHard*

The only reason why I wouldn't go after Kessel is the cost. But if the Leafs are desperate to rid themselves of him and would do it for very low value, then I'd be all for it.
His reputation is way too overblown. How you can be one of the best scorers in the NHL while being fat, lazy, selfish, out of shape, etc. Makes no sense to me.

As much as people want to crap on his character, he stood up for himself and the team by calling out the moronic fans who threw jerseys on the ice, he stood up to the press by defending his captain, and he's a cancer survivor. That shows leadership qualities, pride, and a strong fighting spirit.
But no...apparently he's the most lethal poison imaginable to a hockey team.

He is lazy in the sense that he doesn't work at improving his craft.

No reason why he can't be an above average all around player, but he isn't even close.

At 8 million, with the cap at 71 next year and likely not too much higher in the next 2 years after you simply cannot have a guy who only cares about one side of the ice.

He is a big part of the reason why his line has been among the worst defensively in the league over the last few years.

I don't really care too much to discuss his personal character...the player he is today speaks more than enough about his character as a hockey player.

He has the speed and strength to be if not a high end 2 way guy, at the very least a respectable 200 foot hockey player.

But he isn't.

Why is that?

All Torontos' fault?

No, it's because he's sat back on his all world offensive skill and never given any indication he's the type of player who constantly wants to improve his game.

And for 8 million a year?

Hell no, don't even care what they'd want in return...he's the type of guy who when that little drop off in skill and speed comes, it's going to result in a catastrophic loss in productivity.

Maybe he turns a page and becomes a solid all around player in the years to come, but I sure as hell don't want to see if it happens while he's wearing Habs' colours.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
And now with the Bolts and Hawks final, with us giving the Bolts a though time and management thinking the usual " it could/should have been us in the finals", I don't expect much changes this summer

I'm really happy he signed Petry, I'd love another top 6 but he would have to move Emelin and possibly 1 of Pleks/DD

Habs gave Tampa a tough time? Was their easiest series of playoffs. Wings and Rags took them to 7. Game was a no show for us. We may have outshot them but we certainly did not outplay them. They are a better team. I'm sure Bergevin will do zilch in the coming weeks. He ride Prices coat tails.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Habs gave Tampa a tough time? Was their easiest series of playoffs. Wings and Rags took them to 7. Game was a no show for us. We may have outshot them but we certainly did not outplay them. They are a better team. I'm sure Bergevin will do zilch in the coming weeks. He ride Prices coat tails.

Don't get me wrong, Tampa deserved to win and was better, but with a bit of luck in games 1 and 3 and believe it or not we could have won that series. They beat the hell out of us all year long, but in the post season it was pretty close except for games 2 and 6

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Don't get me wrong, Tampa deserved to win and was better, but with a bit of luck in games 1 and 3 and believe it or not we could have won that series. They beat the hell out of us all year long, but in the post season it was pretty close except for games 2 and 6

Then again, Ottawa could say the same thing about luck, but it is what it is. If they had taken even just one of the two overtime games, they would have been going into game six leading 3-2 in the series and the Habs would have been hoping to get to game seven.

That was no easy win series either even though it looks better on paper. It was that close as well, but the winner is the winner.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It kind of feels like this team will be the exact same roster with the exception of probably one new rookie. I doubt anything relaly happens. They'll draft at 26, take a long haul prospect. Sign Galchenyuk, make him stay at wing and go into the season with probably Scherbak on the 3rd line RW position and move a grinder up or just play Parenteau in the top 6.

Get ready for another season of grinding games where they have squat left for when the rest of the teams ratchet it up.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

pulling double duty, eh? ;)

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
It kind of feels like this team will be the exact same roster with the exception of probably one new rookie. I doubt anything relaly happens. They'll draft at 26, take a long haul prospect. Sign Galchenyuk, make him stay at wing and go into the season with probably Scherbak on the 3rd line RW position and move a grinder up or just play Parenteau in the top 6.

Get ready for another season of grinding games where they have squat left for when the rest of the teams ratchet it up.

I get the same feeling. Better hope Price has another MVP season, otherwise we are not making the PO's next season.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I get the same feeling. Better hope Price has another MVP season, otherwise we are not making the PO's next season.

They'll make the playoffs, just won't win the division. Look for them to finish 3rd with Price having a regular Price season and probably draw Boston in the first round.

They'll win a round, lose to Tampa again and everyone will think Therrien did a good job with what he had.

HabsDieHard*

They'll make the playoffs, just won't win the division. Look for them to finish 3rd with Price having a regular Price season and probably draw Boston in the first round.

They'll win a round, lose to Tampa again and everyone will think Therrien did a good job with what he had.

Bostons' team is horrific looking right now, they are so badly lacking in skill and speed it's not even funny.

They will finish worse next year than they did this year.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Bostons' team is horrific looking right now, they are so badly lacking in skill and speed it's not even funny.

They will finish worse next year than they did this year.

Maybe, and quite possible. Someone will be there, and it won't be Toronto or Buffalo. Most likely won't be Ottawa because I just don't see it with that team but it's possible. I just picked Boston out of no one else to really pick.

Who knows though. Bergevin could surprise us, move some contracts around and find a guy. Galchenyuk goes to Centre, breaks out and they win the division again. Obviously it's impossible to predict, but I just don't see much happening this off-season. Bergevin isn't afraid to make minor moves, but he appears gun shy to shaking up the roster.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Maybe, and quite possible. Someone will be there, and it won't be Toronto or Buffalo. Most likely won't be Ottawa because I just don't see it with that team but it's possible. I just picked Boston out of no one else to really pick.

Who knows though. Bergevin could surprise us, move some contracts around and find a guy. Galchenyuk goes to Centre, breaks out and they win the division again. Obviously it's impossible to predict, but I just don't see much happening this off-season. Bergevin isn't afraid to make minor moves, but he appears gun shy to shaking up the roster.

Possibly but really who is available that you would actually want to mortgage the future for ? Personally I dont really see any elite players for sale unless you want Kessel. Personally I wouldve liked to land Kane but buffalo had more assets to trade away. Next season the UFA crop should actually be good but how many of Kopitar, staal, O'Reilly, Stamkos, Kesler, Backes, Laad, Okoposo, Voracek, etc will be actually be unsigned before July 1

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Possibly but really who is available that you would actually want to mortgage the future for ? Personally I dont really see any elite players for sale unless you want Kessel. Personally I wouldve liked to land Kane but buffalo had more assets to trade away. Next season the UFA crop should actually be good but how many of Kopitar, staal, O'Reilly, Stamkos, Kesler, Backes, Laad, Okoposo, Voracek, etc will be actually be unsigned before July 1

None of those players will be available on July 1st. At least I'd be shocked if they were. You have to get creative, and teams have done it. But in order to do that you need a set of stones and be willing to take criticism, which he appears to be able to do. I mean, he extended Therrien. So, go for it a bit already.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
O'R played great on Team Canada.
Guts is what we need and guts is what he has.
I'm sick of our gutless wonders...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad