Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread Ver 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Giving up our main offensive production for one player who is on the downward side of his career, is beyond dumb.
Most here are trading for a name, not a piece to our puzzle.

No thanks to Malkin. We can find what we need elsewhere, for cheaper.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
29. Marc Bergevin may need to make a “money-out” trade to lessen the impact on the cap after the Petry signing. This is in my own head, but I look at Minnesota and Montreal and wonder if, in any way, there’s a Mikko Koivu deal to be made. He’s the kind of player the Canadiens could use at centre.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-nhl-to-ban-shot-blocking-techniques/

I'm not a big fan of Mikko but any change is welcome with this center core. I'm tired of going with the same Top 3 for the 5th consecutive year.

Malreg

May 12, 2011
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-nhl-to-ban-shot-blocking-techniques/

I'm not a big fan of Mikko but any change is welcome with this center core. I'm tired of going with the same Top 3 for the 5th consecutive year.

I really didn't get that point of Friedman's article. The Canadiens may need to make a money-out trade, yet he thinks we'll be intersted in a $6.75 million cap hit centerman who just had a horrible year?

Anyone who would take Koivu over Plekanec has not watched Koivu this year. They are both the same age, and have nearly identical GPG and PPG in the playoffs. He also has a horrible contract, with a cap hit of $6.75 m for 3 more years, compared to Plekanec with one more year at $5 million.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I had a dream MB stopped fixing his hair, and hanging with DD on the weekends and did his job. He sent Pleks, Fucale, Tinordi and a 1st to Buffalo for the 2nd overall pick.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Crosby would still be cup-less if it wasn't for Malkin taking the Penguins on his back.
Because Crosby was targeted and man-marked tightly... because he's clearly the superior player. Crosby is the world's best hockey player by a fair margin. People give Malkin and Ovy a shout because they like to keep things interesting but it's clearly Sid the Kid and the Rest.

I'd hate Mikko Koivu. Terrible contract for an overrated player. He'd be marginally better than Pleks, if even. Garbage production in the playoffs too.

We do have to change our centre-corps though, by any means.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
I had a dream MB stopped fixing his hair, and hanging with DD on the weekends and did his job. He sent Pleks, Fucale, Tinordi and a 1st to Buffalo for the 2nd overall pick.

That must be a dream, Buffalo will not give up Eichel for Plekanec and fillers.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Yeah but his line will be able to play against anyone.

No doubt he's better but if we're giving up a first I prefer to come up with another package and get someone with more offensive upside than disgustingly overpaid Koivu.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I had thought about Mikko too...and also was stunned to learn that he was already 32 and declining rapidly. That's a 5-year ago move.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'd take Mikko with salary retained if we're moving Plekanec for a winger and DD for a buyout. He's a good #2 C.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
DD: 14g+34a 48pts 3.5x2 28 y/o
Koivu: 14g+34a 48pts 6.75x3 32 y/o

If we're looking for more offence this doesn't help.

I think it's somewhat refreshing for people to actually look and see that sometimes the bigger name isn't always the better option. Mikko is a fine 2nd line C at this point but not worth the price and there's no real solution with him.

Eric Staal is also on the decline but I'd rather him if anything.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I'd take Mikko with salary retained if we're moving Plekanec for a winger and DD for a buyout. He's a good #2 C.

What's the point? You're moving a guy proven in our system for a similar guy who is unproven in our system in the 2nd line C spot.

Essentially, we'd need to get a good winger for Plekanec. Buyout DD. Ask Minny to retain salary and likely offer them something of value(especially if they retain). It's a net negative.

Keep Plekanec and try to move DD/PAP.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Yeah right...... When Crosby is healthy and on his game, nobody come close, not even Malkin.

No he's not.

Prime Malkin>Prime Crosby (IMO)

Malkin when healthy and on his game, is unstoppable. He can do everything by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad