Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread Ver 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDieHard*

None of those players will be available on July 1st. At least I'd be shocked if they were. You have to get creative, and teams have done it. But in order to do that you need a set of stones and be willing to take criticism, which he appears to be able to do. I mean, he extended Therrien. So, go for it a bit already.

Why does it need to be a star player borught in though?

If thye clear up some of the dead weight/redundant players on the roster and bring in a couple of 15-20 goal scorers who are reliable 2 way guys this team could be significantly better next year.

Time for him to put up or shut up, he's been on the job for too long to only have Petry as a meaningful addition to date.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Why does it need to be a star player borught in though?

If thye clear up some of the dead weight/redundant players on the roster and bring in a couple of 15-20 goal scorers who are reliable 2 way guys this team could be significantly better next year.

Time for him to put up or shut up, he's been on the job for too long to only have Petry as a meaningful addition to date.

He has been on the job for 3 season and when he first started he said it would take 5 years so he is pretty much on track

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yaay! We can get more grinders and have no offense all season again!

Now if Bergevin actually targets someone else who can score. I'll be fine with not paying for Kessel. I'm just not entirely confident he will.

What?
Just bc bargainbin (love that name) has been unable to do anything to improve the roster at skill positions, should not lead the team to taking on one of the worst contracts in the league.

Kessel would be a terrible addition to this roster ion his current contract if we got him on waivers, let alone actually trading anything of value for him.

Yes, he's got great shooting ability & acceleration... But with a mindset & lack of professionalism like his, the cliff will be early & steep... This past season a nice taste of what's to come sooner than later.

Heatley 2.0.

Trading for him would have been a bad mistake... But that's a far cry from calling for more grinders.

Heck, I'm all for going after a guy like Semin (provided Pap & DD went the other way & salary was retained on his 7M cap hit)...
Or going aggressive on guys like Oshie, Frolik, Yakupov et.

Gambling to add offensive talent (and force Therrien's hand a bit) is EXACTLY what bargainbin SHOULD do this off season

Saddly, more grinders or washed up late career vets is more likely given his m.o

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
I wouldn't like another Tanguay kind of deal. If we can send several other pieces along with the 1st for a definitive upgrade, I'm on board.

I know people are sick of hearing it but Id still like to steal Yakupov from Oilers. He lead the oilers in shots and thats something Montreal needs a shoot first player. The kids still has potential and if he gets out of that poorly run franchise he might explode.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
I know people are sick of hearing it but Id still like to steal Yakupov from Oilers. He lead the oilers in shots and thats something Montreal needs a shoot first player. The kids still has potential and if he gets out of that poorly run franchise he might explode.

Edmonton won't be trading Yakupov unless they can get a young d-man of equal value (like a Madison Bowey/Travis Sanheim type)

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Yup!

MB should make that priority #1.

Such a perfect fit for us on every level, but after having the seguin trade blow up in his face, gotta think chia will be a bit leary to deal him easily
. If pay the premium as long as our 1st & mccarron were off the table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad