Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread Ver 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Desharnais is a weak second line C.

LOL, maybe, but have you seen who the Yotes have at center ?

They also seem to need a physical presence on the blue line. Emelin would fit that bill. Like that they are in the West as I would not want us playing against Emelin too much.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
First off, I think DD draws a lot of hate due to factors that are not his fault.Accept him as a 2C one dimensional player and I think you look at him differently and see he does have value, especially at $3.5M per year. I say this because I want people to give reasoned input on this.

What besides DD to get Boedker, who is RFA and can go UFA as early as next year if he only signs for a year. The 2015 1st I assume. Can we do it without Scherbak or McCarron ? They need an Emelin ?

Even at 2C he'll get PP, empty net, and overtime. Therrien can't help himself. Murray, Parros, Bouillion; all useless guys he couldn't help playing way too much.

Therrien is a scatophile.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
You guys remember when Desharnais was third line centre?

Therrien rolled three PP units, he cannot help himself. He loves his son.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Galchenyuk 21 years old
Gallagher 23 years old

???

My point is that TB is in the finals with a very young team! Montreal need to make room for some young players with skill. Andrigetto, Hudon, Thomas and Galchenyuk at center are things that need to happen going forward.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I would entertain the idea of trading Price.

The thinking behind it....

Price's value is the best on the team, by far. More than Subban. Price is the type of player that lands you a Malkin. Many teams have proven in the past that you can find good goalies on the trade market (Bishop with TP right now is an example...) so, even though you can't find another superstar goalie like Price, you can find one that will do the job. This team relies on Price way too much and not having him in the net anymore would force a change in the way they play the game. The return for Price would be tremendous... Price to Edmonton for Hall & Yakupov+ type of deal.

Remember Patrick Roy ? I guess not, Price should never be traded...

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Both wingers on the wrong side, I think.

Pleks may get one rookie, but not two.

I have an easy fix.

Patches - Malkin - Hudon
Sherback- Plekanec- Gallagher

Malkin and Patches can carry the young guy
Sherback is 6"2 playing with Two way Pleks and heart and soul Gally not to shabby.

Good Night ...

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
We need to consider the cap hit, it's 9.5M coming in.
So Plekanec-Emelin are two guys I would throw out there. I think Pittsburgh would gladly welcome Plekanec to play behind Crosby. Two roster players, one prospect, one draft pick, is my guess as to what they'd be looking for. Not quite sure they could ask for anymore.
So, Plekanec-Emelin-one of Pateryn/Beaulieu/Tinordi/Scherbak/McCarron- 1st pick

Why would they want an aging Plekanec? Emelin has minimal value, our first is practically a second and you're only offered a decent prospect. In a trade for a player of Malkin's caliber, you figure out the cap later, not expect Pittsburgh to fix it for you. There is no trade that does not involve Galchenyuk++ for Malkin. Anything else isn't even a pipe dream.

Say you get Malkin, and Galchenyuk was included in the trade. You assume PAP would be gone somehow and you stack the first line with Pac-Malkin-Gallagher, what is your 2nd line?

Prust-Plekanec-Weise? Maybe you can trade Emelin/Plekanec for a winger or a young guy steps up but with the salary cap even if we got Malkin I don't see how we can find scoring depth past the 1st line. That is why I said he might not be playing with much better wingers because I would assume MT would be forced to "balance" the lines.

If we could deal out some of our excess cap (Desharnais, Emelin, PAP), then we could afford to sign one of the better free agents or make a trade for Sharp/Vrbata/JVR. I would also look at smaller pieces like Higgins or Boyle (if he were a UFA). We would also still have at least one of Scherbak/McCarron. It'd be bloody tight, but doable.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Why would they want an aging Plekanec? Emelin has minimal value, our first is practically a second and you're only offered a decent prospect. In a trade for a player of Malkin's caliber, you figure out the cap later, not expect Pittsburgh to fix it for you. There is no trade that does not involve Galchenyuk++ for Malkin. Anything else isn't even a pipe dream.

If we could deal out some of our excess cap (Desharnais, Emelin, PAP), then we could afford to sign one of the better free agents or make a trade for Sharp/Vrbata/JVR. I would also look at smaller pieces like Higgins or Boyle (if he were a UFA). We would also still have at least one of Scherbak/McCarron. It'd be bloody tight, but doable.

Look at what Rick Nash and Tyler Seguin fetched on the trade market. Seguin is aactually more valuable than Malkin since he has far more left to tank.

Pittsburgh might ask Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, and a 1st. They are unlikely get anything close.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Look at what Rick Nash and Tyler Seguin fetched on the trade market. Seguin is aactually more valuable than Malkin since he has far more left to tank.

Pittsburgh might ask Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, and a 1st. They are unlikely get anything close.

well Boston got fleeced in the Seguin trade so i dont think thats a very good example.. same goes for the Thornton trade. you cant really reference a bad trade as someones actual value.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
well Boston got fleeced in the Seguin trade so i dont think thats a very good example.. same goes for the Thornton trade. you cant really reference a bad trade as someones actual value.

Boston was fleeced but even then Seguin is a lot more valuable than Malkin. So there are two corrections going in opposite direction.

Regardless, make an excuse for every trade: Nash, Seguin, Thornton, Bobby Ryan, Jason Spezza, etc. There is no precedent for Galchenyuk ++, at all.

Malkin has a 9.5 million dollar cap hit, will be 29 at the start of the season, and has a tremendous injury history. He has not played a full season this decade.

Maybe ypu think the Habs need to put a package for the Evgeni Malkin who had 219 points over two seasons and won a conn smythe. We cannot possibly acquire that guy via trade -- he no longer exists.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

That's the problem though, last star player to cost the farm was Lindros - rest end of being a package of pieces that fit under the cap and that all parties agree to waive NTCs for, probably why they rarely move

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Context is important. Nash isn't nearly the caliber of player Malkin is, nevermind the latter plays the more sought position. Seguin, despite good production, was still young and hadn't come close to his potential. While not quite as outlandish, the equivalent is saying Joe Thornton should be worth less because Boston traded him for garbage.

And now you've gone the opposite extreme. Asking for both Galchenyuk and Pacioretty is, indeed, ridiculous. But Galchenyuk + Beaulieu + something else is not.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Context is important. Nash isn't nearly the caliber of player Malkin is, nevermind the latter plays the more sought position. Seguin, despite good production, was still young and hadn't come close to his potential. While not quite as outlandish, the equivalent is saying Joe Thornton should be worth less because Boston traded him for garbage.

And now you've gone the opposite extreme. Asking for both Galchenyuk and Pacioretty is, indeed, ridiculous. But Galchenyuk + Beaulieu + something else is not.

context or not, you wont find many trades for superstar players that landed an amazing package. Lindros ? (COL ended up winning cups thanks to that package, Philly not really), who else ?

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007

Even for Malkin, today I would not trade Chucky for him. Malkin is one of the best but today, his body is in question.

Galchenyuk is undervalued by you IMO and at 21, he looks promising.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I don't think Malkin will be traded but if he was available and Montreal was on the list of teams he would to play for, we would have to try and go for it.

Plekanec+Galchenyuk+Sherback/Mccaron+1st 2015+1st 2016
For
Malkin+Perron

Or maybe
Plekanecs+Gallagher+Beaulieu+1st 2015 + 1st 2016
For

Malkin+Perron

? Maybe im offering too much but adding a Player of Malkin skill level would make us a contender every year for next 4-5 years
Dya think so ?:amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad