Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread Ver 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
People are speculating Malkin wasn't happy having Spaling and Comeau as his wingers for a good part of the year. With what it would take to acquire him, I wonder what he thinks about Weise and DSP?

I don't think Malkin will cost Patch + Galchenyuk + Gallagher. That would be an overpayment.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
I don't think Malkin will cost Patch + Galchenyuk + Gallagher. That would be an overpayment.

Say you get Malkin, and Galchenyuk was included in the trade. You assume PAP would be gone somehow and you stack the first line with Pac-Malkin-Gallagher, what is your 2nd line?

Prust-Plekanec-Weise? Maybe you can trade Emelin/Plekanec for a winger or a young guy steps up but with the salary cap even if we got Malkin I don't see how we can find scoring depth past the 1st line. That is why I said he might not be playing with much better wingers because I would assume MT would be forced to "balance" the lines.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Played two minutes more per game than anyone on their team. He was deployed as the #1 dman despite what you want to believe.

He was used more because he is a vet. But he is not the number 1. Put him on a D like Carolina and kaboum here goes your number 1. Put Lindholm with Carolina and Carolina becomes a better team.

Saying Beauchemin is the number one is like saying DD is the number one. They are used as such but they are not.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Say you get Malkin, and Galchenyuk was included in the trade. You assume PAP would be gone somehow and you stack the first line with Pac-Malkin-Gallagher, what is your 2nd line?

Patch and Malkin could carry a kid without too much trouble. We are talking about a top center and a top left winger.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Montreal do not have the assets to acquire Malkin compare to other teams! Instead they need to trade or move Plekanec, Emelin, Gilbert, Prust, DSP, PAP, Fucale, Thomas, Dietz, MC Carron.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal

Prust-Plekanec-Weise? Maybe you can trade Emelin/Plekanec for a winger or a young guy steps up but with the salary cap even if we got Malkin I don't see how we can find scoring depth past the 1st line. That is why I said he might not be playing with much better wingers because I would assume MT would be forced to "balance" the lines.

Patches - Malkin - Gallagher (best line in hockey)
Sherback - Pleks - Hudon
DLR - Eller - Weise

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Patch and Malkin could carry a kid without too much trouble. We are talking about a top center and a top left winger.

We are talking Michel Therrien here, he isn't just going to throw Scherbak or McCarron on the 1st line, you just know it would be a revolving door between Weise and DSP, or even worse... he'd keep DD with Pac.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Yes, maybe we would pay him $9 million plus to appease you. :help:

Where did I say that? You talk about using brains and your words make me unsure you have one. Beauchemin isn't going to sign here cheap enough to be used on the third pairing. Especially considering he's been deployed as the Ducks top dman since Niedermayer retired. He's gotten Viz, Fowler and Lindholm all paid big bucks. First two turned to crap after being removed from his pairing. He is their Markov. Everyone who plays with him looks good.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
We are talking Michel Therrien here, he isn't just going to throw Scherbak or McCarron on the 1st line, you just know it would be a revolving door between Weise and DSP, or even worse... he'd keep DD with Pac.

That's a good thing. MB would then have an excuse to fire him despite da record.

I don't think MT is dumb enough to play Patch with DD instead of Malkin.

I might be wrong though who knows ...

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
What do you guys think of Bergevin going after Beauchemin?

Would be great way to move Markov down the lineup. He's going to get 5 mil over two-three years though so Emelin would need to be moved first.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Have to let the young guys play!!! Beauchemin is 35
Pateryn, Tinordi

Tinordi is going to play exactly the same amount if we keep Emelin as if we trade Emelin and sign Beauchemin. He's an injury replacement and that's it right now.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
First off, I think DD draws a lot of hate due to factors that are not his fault.Accept him as a 2C one dimensional player and I think you look at him differently and see he does have value, especially at $3.5M per year. I say this because I want people to give reasoned input on this.

What besides DD to get Boedker, who is RFA and can go UFA as early as next year if he only signs for a year. The 2015 1st I assume. Can we do it without Scherbak or McCarron ? They need an Emelin ?

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Because MT is unable to coach offensive players.

Nothing to do with MT, Scherbak is probably not NHL ready and between the both of them they have 0 NHL games played. You can't have a 2nd line with that little experience and expect consistent production and to win games.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Tinordi is going to play exactly the same amount if we keep Emelin as if we trade Emelin and sign Beauchemin. He's an injury replacement and that's it right now.

Tinordi will develop with some good coaching, he is exactly the type of player habs need to develop. PK, Petry, Beaulieu good puck moving defenceman. Tinordi imo will become one of the most important players on this team.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Nothing to do with MT, Scherbak is probably not NHL ready and between the both of them they have 0 NHL games played. You can't have a 2nd line with that little experience and expect consistent production and to win games.

I agree they are still very young but my point is ... Have to develop the young talent the future is where it's at.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
First off, I think DD draws a lot of hate due to factors that are not his fault.Accept him as a 2C one dimensional player and I think you look at him differently and see he does have value, especially at $3.5M per year. I say this because I want people to give reasoned input on this.

What besides DD to get Boedker, who is RFA and can go UFA as early as next year if he only signs for a year. The 2015 1st I assume. Can we do it without Scherbak or McCarron ? They need an Emelin ?

Desharnais is a weak second line C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad