Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread Ver 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
All jokes aside, the Pens have great goaltending depth in the minors, I don't think Tokarski or even Fucale is needed. They will want Galchenyuk or Gallagher ++++ a lot of rookies and picks

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I feel like people are taking the Malkin trade offer seriously...

I would be happy with one of Eberle/Staal/Thornton, what it takes to get them might be tough though.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I feel like people are taking the Malkin trade offer seriously...

I would be happy with one of Eberle/Staal/Thornton, what it takes to get them might be tough though.

My belief is that the only way MB manages to get rid of Desharnais and sell that deal to his coach, would be by getting a bona fide first line center which would clearly make Desharnais redundant, even in the coach's eyes. Someone with a pedigree like Staal or Thornton, however long in the tooth. That in turn would set in motion a separate set of dynamics whereby grooming Galchenyuk as understudy would make sense even to this strategically challenged coach.

From that standpoint, I like this type of deal. The #1 anchor on this team, beyond the coach himself who seem to be staying after all, is this irrational favoritism. Getting rid of the most egregious favorites is a must.

Edit: also, getting a guy like Thornton on the team might cause MB to have a chat with the coach about this silly commitment to grinding.

ChikN

Sep 1, 2010
Montréal
What we need is a Kovalev-Balej type of move. A guy who people think he's done but actually has a lot left in the tank (3-4 years).

Sharp? Thornton? Marleau?

Alex514

May 10, 2015
It hink something like all GM's need to vote it as okay for him to come back, so it would depend on if they'd say yes. I can't see Betman letting them vote no, though,

Why not? I think LOU is still bitter about it :D

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I would entertain the idea of trading Price.

The thinking behind it....

Price's value is the best on the team, by far. More than Subban. Price is the type of player that lands you a Malkin. Many teams have proven in the past that you can find good goalies on the trade market (Bishop with TP right now is an example...) so, even though you can't find another superstar goalie like Price, you can find one that will do the job. This team relies on Price way too much and not having him in the net anymore would force a change in the way they play the game. The return for Price would be tremendous... Price to Edmonton for Hall & Yakupov+ type of deal.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
It hink something like all GM's need to vote it as okay for him to come back, so it would depend on if they'd say yes. I can't see Betman letting them vote no, though,

I think if Kovalchuk wants to come back, he has to play for the Devils for 1 year and then he becomes UFA. If he wants to come back as UFA without playing for the Devils, all 30 teams have to give their approval. Something like that.

HabsDieHard*

I would entertain the idea of trading Price.

The thinking behind it....

Price's value is the best on the team, by far. More than Subban. Price is the type of player that lands you a Malkin. Many teams have proven in the past that you can find good goalies on the trade market (Bishop with TP right now is an example...) so, even though you can't find another superstar goalie like Price, you can find one that will do the job. This team relies on Price way too much and not having him in the net anymore would force a change in the way they play the game. The return for Price would be tremendous... Price to Edmonton for Hall & Yakupov+ type of deal.

So you trade Price for 2 wingers in the hopes that you can find another good goalie via trade down the road?

:help:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
So you trade Price for 2 wingers in the hopes that you can find another good goalie via trade down the road?

:help:

Imagine how many more points in the standings Hall and Yakupov would get us man :sarcasm:

Trading Price should never be brought up ever unless it's for something ridiculous like Price + Plekanec for Giroux + Mason + Simmonds.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I see the 1c (Malkin), I assume the 2c is the 2nd?.....or does Tokarski play centre?

A number 1C is worth more than a 2C so DD>Malkin. And Tokarski was drafted as a center but he was a bust so MT forced him to play goalie.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
A number 1C is worth more than a 2C so DD>Malkin. And Tokarski was drafted as a center but he was a bust so MT forced him to play goalie.

Right, I remember now.

Tokarski isn't good down low, thus why he'll never be a #1 centre. He's a little big for a #1 centre too imo.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
My belief is that the only way MB manages to get rid of Desharnais and sell that deal to his coach, would be by getting a bona fide first line center which would clearly make Desharnais redundant, even in the coach's eyes. Someone with a pedigree like Staal or Thornton, however long in the tooth. That in turn would set in motion a separate set of dynamics whereby grooming Galchenyuk as understudy would make sense even to this strategically challenged coach.

From that standpoint, I like this type of deal. The #1 anchor on this team, beyond the coach himself who seem to be staying after all, is this irrational favoritism. Getting rid of the most egregious favorites is a must.

Edit: also, getting a guy like Thornton on the team might cause MB to have a chat with the coach about this silly commitment to grinding.

Hate hate hate the whole idea. Just trade dd for a pick. Why the hell does a gm have to sell an idea to his coach? :shakehead W. T. F. ?

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Hate hate hate the whole idea. Just trade dd for a pick. Why the hell does a gm have to sell an idea to his coach? :shakehead W. T. F. ?

Agree with you in principle, but given the way these two work together, I see my scenario as more realistic. MB tries to get MT on board as much as possible; getting rid of DD for scraps, with no further impetus for doing so, fulfills our objectives as fans, but amounts to cutting off a limb for MT. I don't see it happening without some other catalyst.

AnotherHabsFan

Behind Enemy Lines
Jan 16, 2015
New Hampshire
Galchenyuk for Logan Couture straight up. Galchenyuk may have more potential than Couture in the long run, but other than that they hold similar value. We would take the risk of giving up potentially more future value in return for a more developed 1st line center hitting his prime to help us out right now. If Price, Subban, Pacioretty and Couture can't bring this team a cup I don't know what will.

That or we could do Plek+ for Thornton while signing Soderberg to fill the 2nd/3rd line center void if Chucky isn't going to be used at center.

Also like the idea of picking up Ladd to play as a 2nd line LW

Pacioretty-Couture-Gallagher
Ladd-Eller/Soderberg-Rookie
DLR-Eller/Soderberg-DSP
Prust-Mitchel-Weise

Beaulieu-Subban
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Gilbert
Tinordi-Pateryn

$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.