Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread Ver 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Why would they want an aging Plekanec? Emelin has minimal value, our first is practically a second and you're only offered a decent prospect. In a trade for a player of Malkin's caliber, you figure out the cap later, not expect Pittsburgh to fix it for you. There is no trade that does not involve Galchenyuk++ for Malkin. Anything else isn't even a pipe dream.

I know you are only thinking out loud, but you insist it will take our best prospect at C. No one knows this. And thus also helping pens rebuild at C, the hardest position to rebuild in. And I sure as hell would not do the trade if that is what they want. Screw them. They want Chucky, no deal. Habs don't have enough depth to surround Malkin for a cup, meanwhile we watch Chucky star at C the next 12 years while Malkin plays golf after 4. No thanks. No ****ing way.

Getting DD off the team and putting Chuckie at no 2 C is a higher priority to me than pipe dreams like 9.5 million Malkin. The deal would have to be for only aged vets and picks/prospects, and the Habs would HAVE to win a cup the next two years, because the team would be gutted for the next 6 after.

I know you are not personally promoting this trade BTW. :)

Last edited:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Even for Malkin, today I would not trade Chucky for him. Malkin is one of the best but today, his body is in question.

Galchenyuk is undervalued by you IMO and at 21, he looks promising.

No, he's overvalued by HF. Galchenyuk has potential, but Malkin is the second best player in the league. Even accounting for all diminishing factors to his value, it will still cost a significant package to get him. Plekanec++ does not get you Malkin unless he's hold Pittsburgh he wants out and will go to the KHL if they refuse to trade him.

I know you are only thinking out loud, but you insist it will take our best prospect at C. No one knows this. And thus also helping pens rebuild at C, the hardest position to rebuild in. And I sure as hell would not do the trade if that is what they want. Screw them. They want Chucky, no deal. Habs don't have enough depth to surround Malkin for a cup, meanwhile we watch Chucky star at C the next 12 years while Malkin plays golf after 4. No thanks. No ****ing way.

Getting DD off the team and putting Chuckie at no 2 C is a higher priority to me than pipe dreams like 9.5 million Malkin. The deal would have to be for only aged vets and picks/prospects, and the Habs would HAVE to win a cup the next two years, because the team would be gutted for the next 6 after.

I know you are not personally promoting this trade BTW. :)

Depending on the additional pieces, I'd consider Galchenyuk going back. He may be a star one day or it may never happen. Malkin, on the other hand, is a star. The only reason I might hesitant would be his cap hit.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
No, he's overvalued by HF. Galchenyuk has potential, but Malkin is the second best player in the league. Even accounting for all diminishing factors to his value, it will still cost a significant package to get him. Plekanec++ does not get you Malkin unless he's hold Pittsburgh he wants out and will go to the KHL if they refuse to trade him.

Depending on the additional pieces, I'd consider Galchenyuk going back. He may be a star one day or it may never happen. Malkin, on the other hand, is a star. The only reason I might hesitant would be his cap hit.

It's not a doable trade because both teams want a cup in the next two years, and so will not give up the surrounding pieces required to win one.

I consider chucky an important core piece, if you do not, OK fair enough. I also consider Chucky a replacement when Malkin fades in 4 years.

I think Malkin DD Eller is a joke, and not a cup winner. Malkin Chucky Eller is a cup winner. Habs MUST win a cup if they do a trade like this.

Last edited:

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Plekanec, Subban, Higgns, Gorges, and three 1st rounders for Vincent Lecavalier.

Subban, Price, Pacioretty were not part of the trade, it has been said 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000x times.

It was one 1st pick not ****in 3.

Subban was part of the trade.

So Eller, Beaulieu, Gallagher, Emelin and a 1st round pick ?

Plekanec was not the 70 pts scorer he would become, Subban was a 2nd round pick with plenty of question marks, Higgins at the time was considered perhaps as good as Gallagher now... Gorges was a throw in.

As we can see... nothing involving a 3rd overall like Galchenyuk or a 35-40 goals scorer like Pacioretty.

Except Beaulieu, I would do that trade in a heart beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad