Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread Ver 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
Little lost without Capgeek and don't know where there's another site with waiver status but thinking Tinordi and Pateryn both have to clear waivers next season but Beaulieu still has another year of exemption (or at least 61 more games)??

If that's right is NB the one heading to the AHL in the fall if we can't move one of the other guys out?

Assuming we've resigned Petry that is - or do we carry 8 D

Need to clear cap space so Emelin is really looking like the one that needs to be moved
There is a new website called generalfanager.com and a site called stats.nhlnumbers.com for a listing of all upcoming free agents.:)

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
Bergevin i would try and trade Emelin to a team like Dallas are are in need of d-men with DSP for Antoinne Roussel.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
We have a cup window for the next 3-4 years before Price and Pacioretty need to be resigned. We either have to go all in this next year or play the youth and prepare them for a future window.

A cup window within 3-4 years seems like it is the worst possible scenario since I don't see Chucky, Tinordi or Beaulieu getting a real shot to excel if we are going for the Cup. Unless the big changes are made this off-season and those 3 have a year or two to be comfortable in their real spot. Either way I see a year or 2 or squeezing into the playoffs rather than going to the Conference finals as more beneficial since it'll give some youth a chance to develop.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Carey Price is 27 and will realistically be a top flight goalie for another 7 years. That's the window.

Creature of Habit

Jul 5, 2014
Does anyone want Kessel? Just curious cause I think he'd be a good fit here...let's be honest anyone that scores is most likely a good fit.

And I'd be willing to trade Plekanec for a scorer like Kessel. Opens up a spot for Chucky which will be filled by a free agent grinder.

Plekanec, De La Rose, 2015/2016 1st, maybe something else

for

Kessel, 2015 5th (because Bergevin)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Carey Price is 27 and will realistically be a top flight goalie for another 7 years. That's the window.

What if he says, "I wanna win a cup in my prime.. Therrien and Bergevin are 'tards who didn't do anything during my tenure, I'm OUT."

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
What if he says, "I wanna win a cup in my prime.. Therrien and Bergevin are 'tards who didn't do anything during my tenure, I'm OUT."

Then we lose him and everyone hates Therrien and Bergevin a bit more than they already do. It would suck, but it doesn't change the length of the window to think about hypotheticals.

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
Bergevin i would try and trade Emelin to a team like Dallas are are in need of d-men with DSP for Antoinne Roussel.

Emelin has a NTC attached to his contract. Besides, why do you want Roussel so badly that you're willing to sacrifice 2 assets?

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
Only Beaulieu and Galchenyuk are not in their pime....it's now or never we have nobody in the pipeline with huge upside

Patches, Subban, Eller, Petry and Price have at least another 5 solid seasons. Scherbak, McCarron, Hudon and Tinordi can come in and have a big impact.

Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, DSP, Gallagher and JDLR have room to grow. I don't see the rush to win now with the team we have. We aren't true cup contenders.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Patches, Subban, Eller, Petry and Price have at least another 5 solid seasons. Scherbak, McCarron, Hudon and Tinordi can come in and have a big impact.

Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, DSP, Gallagher and JDLR have room to grow. I don't see the rush to win now with the team we have. We aren't true cup contenders.

I think the point is.. If we aren't gonna compete in the next two seasons. Then you move Markov and Plekanec for youth.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
No to Kessel.
He showed his true attitude and drive, or lack there of, during the past season.
Let another team rehab his personality problems.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
To PHI : Tomas Plekanec
To MTL: Brayden Schenn and a 2nd round pick

To CLB: Alexei Emelin
To MTL: Artem Anisimov

Pacioretty - Anisimov - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Scherbak
Schenn - Eller - Smith Pelly
Prust - Mitchell - Weise

Status
Not open for further replies.