Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread- Start of a New Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
As far as Iggy is concerned, as I said in the trade sub-forum, a 2nd rounder + Andrighetto is what makes the most sense to me, and that's probably the highest I'd be willing to go as well.

If I remember correctly, there were lots of rumors that Colorado wanted Andrighetto for Parenteau, the deadline before the Briere-PAP swap happened. I remember reading that they were very high on Ghetto.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Hasn't he been switching with Hertl the last few games?

Anyways, c or lw, not sure I'd be down to give up too much for him.
Although he'd be the best of the bunch between the three 35yr+ options as the guy can still skate.

A few games now sure, he can still play centre.

I meant that he has been a winger while Thornton and Couture are their top 2 Centres.

THats what I mean by "he hasn't played centre regularly in a few years." He's a winger when everyone is healthy in san jose. His regular position is wing now, though he has the versatility to be a centre if injuries hit.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Petry happened before and it was in the works for months.

Vanek was mostly an 'accident'. Bergy made a lowball offer in the morning, saying it's on the table until 3PM no problem. Snow mismanaged the whole thing and ended up with only Bergevin's offer left on the table at 2:55PM. Vanek wanted to go to Minnesota and everyone knew it by the end.

Petry happened the day before the TDL.... Thats still a deadline move in my books... 1 day early is still "at the deadline"...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The more I see Iginla`s name the more I think he would be perfect. 2nd + Andrighetto is fair imo, but is TVA trustworthy? More than e5?

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
The more I see Iginla`s name the more I think he would be perfect. 2nd + Andrighetto is fair imo, but is TVA trustworthy? More than e5?

At that price... with what he would bring and what it could mean to the the development of Galchy... I would say yes and run!

If it's done, the cap limit will be a problem... more so next year... And don't ask Av to help us with that...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
At that price... with what he would bring and what it could mean to the the development of Galchy... I would say yes and run!

If it's done, the cap limit will be a problem... more so next year... And don't ask Av to help us with that...

With Carey being out indefinitely and Kassian off the payroll, and at least one player going the other way, I think we're golden.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

TVA was merely quoting Dater:

And as far as backing up his statements, he offers this:

And above all, he's a member of the Kiss Army:

Adrian Dater - Trying to be better every day. NHL columnist with Bleacher Report, lover of KISS and '80s SynthPop

What greater source does one need? :sarcasm:

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
TVA was merely quoting Dater:

And as far as backing up his statements, he offers this:

And above all, he's a member of the Kiss Army:

What greater source does one need? :sarcasm:

Hehe he has a great reputation with the chicks, for sure.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

So Marleau will only accept a trade to the Rangers, Ducks or Kings. Sounds like he wants to play in New York.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
If I remember correctly, there were lots of rumors that Colorado wanted Andrighetto for Parenteau, the deadline before the Briere-PAP swap happened. I remember reading that they were very high on Ghetto.

If I had to guess, Colorado's interest in Andrighetto mostly came from André Tourigny's presence behind the bench.

He's no longer an assistant coach for them, so I don't know if they still hold Andrighetto in high regard.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
No Marleau to MTL

Thx god. Overpay for a player only because he had a great career. I want a player that we can re-sign and be a usefull player for more than 30games.

Marleau would cost more than Okpose/Hudler (which you can re-sign after playoffs).

Same thing with Igy, really not high on him, he's good and strong yas for sure. But we need someone with speed hands and that can score.

I'm really high on Okposo and Hudler because they fit our style and the fact that we can re-sign them. And they would cost probably less than Igy or Marleau only because these two have a reputation.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Cgy - Pit - Bos - Col

So he wins it with the Avs?

Pretty sure the poster meant from Ottawa or maybe forgot about Hossa's ATL days.

Atl - Sens - Pits - Det - Chi

Iginla is in a similar spot..

CGY - Pit - Bos - Col - ??...
So his comparison actually works ;)

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Pretty sure the poster meant from Ottawa or maybe forgot about Hossa's ATL days.

Atl - Sens - Pits - Det - Chi

Iginla is in a similar spot..

CGY - Pit - Bos - Col - ??...
So his comparison actually works ;)

I want Iginla beside Chucky.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
A few games now sure, he can still play centre.

I meant that he has been a winger while Thornton and Couture are their top 2 Centres.

THats what I mean by "he hasn't played centre regularly in a few years." He's a winger when everyone is healthy in san jose. His regular position is wing now, though he has the versatility to be a centre if injuries hit.

Couture has spent alot of time on LW while Pavelski was playing center.
Pavelski is their current #1 center.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Between Marleau and Iggy, I'd rather have Iggy for a playoff run. He adds the grit and O zone presence we lack plus he's a RW which we desperately need on Chuckys line.

Patches Plex Gally
Eller Chucky Iggy
Fleischman DD Weise
Flynn Mitchell DSP

Looks as complete a lineup that you could ask for.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Between Marleau and Iggy, I'd rather have Iggy for a playoff run. He adds the grit and O zone presence we lack plus he's a RW which we desperately need on Chuckys line.

Patches Plex Gally
Eller Chucky Iggy
Fleischman DD Weise
Flynn Mitchell DSP

Looks as complete a lineup that you could ask for.

I agree. Iggy would be a better option and a player that would provide some necessary grit and tenacity on the top-six. If he is available for cheap, I think we should get him. As for Marleau, a big no for me.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Marleau would be a bad idea. Can't acquire a guy that has the eyebrows to make our captain insecure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad