Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread-Solution in the locker room edition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
And this post shows that Bergevin can still be worse.

Why on earth would you give up that much for Strome? He's proved exactly nothing.

He is doing well in the ahl and has high ceiling

But yes that’s an overpayment would probably remove sherback

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
How bout no trades. Molson better not let Bergevin f*** this team up anymore.
Drouin is suffering at centre. Bergevin is so f***ing arrogant he thought Tbay was giving him a legit #1 c even though he hasn’t played there in years
The damage is done. The Habs are at best and average team that will never compete with the bozo idiot Bergevin. No more f***ing trades
Bergevin also tried acquiring Schenn. Said price was to high
25 pts for Schenn. f*** you Bergevin

Last edited:
Reactions: CHwest

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I honestly think the Habs are really stuck for awhile, even if someone else comes on board and wants to tear it all down.

Price and Weber won't happen over night.

Pacioretty / Galchenyuk / Shaw / Petry - All try to be moved.

Mitchell / Hemsky / Plekanec / Niemi - all dealt or walk this deadline or seasons end.

The Habs are in a really bad spot got too much term and and cap hits on some guys. It can be done but its going to have to take a GM with smarts and enough courage to pull the trigger on a deal. Also not be afraid to not always play it safe or just try lateral moves and depth guys.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
And this post shows that Bergevin can still be worse.

Why on earth would you give up that much for Strome? He's proved exactly nothing.

Overpayment??? Yes, but as a generalization if you wait for them to prove themselves.... then you can't afford them. I'm all for a deal of this type. I'm sure some lightning fans said the same thing about trading Drouin for Serg. Serg hadn't proven anything.....i think they are happy now.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Why on earth would you want MB to still be in charge when we start moving assets?

First step is to hire proper leadership... we can’t afford to squander what few assets we have left.

You’re not going to find your new GM mid season. Replacing a GM is an off season thing. We have to trade assets to for picks and prospects which isn’t or shouldn’t be as difficult. He’s fail d as a GM but he’s not Rejean Houle.

Reactions: RobBrown4PM

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
We need to identify a new core of young players and trade everyone outside that core.
New core:
Drouin
Chucky
Gally
Mete
Lehkonen
Danault
Hudon

Everyone else is trade bait. With any luck we can have a 2-3 year mini rebuild and stock up on picks and prospects at the same time. With guys like Poehling, Juulsen, Scherbak, Ikonen already developing and the potential to add 4 picks in the top 50 next year plus whatever we get for trading assets now, we’ll be in good shape under the right hands.

Reactions: nyhabsfan

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Personally we can trade the whole team and nothing will change because we are not looking at the problem. It’s the management. Your problem is your head and the surgeon operates on your arms and legs lol. Bergevin needs to go.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Sad times when not one poster on the trade board wants to improve the team.

yandle type deal:

lehkonnen 2cnd conditional 1st for oel 50% retained

kane or neal for a second.

pull head out ass put chuck back at c

neal chuck droin
patch danault gally
hudon plec byron
dlr mitchel mccarron

oel-weber
alzner-petry
mete-benn

Price comes back to form that team has a chance in the playoffs

oel still signed through next season maybe add tavares or stasny or thornton at c in the offseason

sorry... this is NOT what we need...we cant afford to trade the few young players like Lehkonnen, patchwork fixes arent going to help.

We have to tear this down and start again.

If I were GM, i would keep my young core of under 24, trade #67, #14, #27 who we have ruined and all the D except #6 and #53 for picks in 2018 and 2019 draft.
Put the C on #11
Live with players like Carr, Scherbak, Terry, McCarron
Need a new front office, scouting staff and player development teams

Reactions: NoQuinn

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
First thing: STOP trading kids. Trade vets. That's it. GET kids and draft picks. Enough of this 'trade Mete, or Fucale' stuff. Kids stay. Vets go. You want to rebuild, let's do it properly.

Price, Weber, Petry, Alzner, Shaw ... $32M per year on these five slowing aging players, but what other team wants them with those contracts. Not only does Molson need to buy out and replace MB, he will also need to buy out some of these five as well. If not, they will be around till 2022 or longer and will just delay a rebuild.

Toronto spent a lot of money on their rebuild including getting the best management and coaches, plus spending a lot on their scouting and development system, as well as buying out players and eating bad contracts to move players. It cost them a lot.

For a rebuild to work, Molson will have to open his wallet big time but I don't think he is ready to do that. If he doesn't, there will be no quick rebuild.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
You trade with the Oilers another struggling team who are way more desperate to win than Montreal,they have already been thru 10 years of a rebuild and no playoffs,you acquire young players and the veterans you might get from the Oilers for cap reasons like Talbot and RNH you flip them...RNH to Columbus for PLD.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
We need to identify a new core of young players and trade everyone outside that core.
New core:
Drouin
Chucky
Gally
Mete
Lehkonen
Danault
Hudon

Everyone else is trade bait. With any luck we can have a 2-3 year mini rebuild and stock up on picks and prospects at the same time. With guys like Poehling, Juulsen, Scherbak, Ikonen already developing and the potential to add 4 picks in the top 50 next year plus whatever we get for trading assets now, we’ll be in good shape under the right hands.

Most of those guys aren't really core players though. When Bergevin came in, you could point to Pacioretty, Subban and Price and think, "that's the beginning of a solid core". Now? Its basically Drouin. Gallagher is really good too, but he's 25. How old will he be when this team is ready to really compete? Do people really expect Galchenyuk to re-sign in 3 years with all the support he's gotten? And you don't have help on D, in net or down the middle.

The time to replace the front office was at latest two seasons ago. Now, a front office with a new philosophy HAS to come in and the rebuild will probably be long and painful.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Most of those guys aren't really core players though. When Bergevin came in, you could point to Pacioretty, Subban and Price and think, "that's the beginning of a solid core". Now? Its basically Drouin. Gallagher is really good too, but he's 25. How old will he be when this team is ready to really compete? Do people really expect Galchenyuk to re-sign in 3 years with all the support he's gotten? And you don't have help on D, in net or down the middle.

The time to replace the front office was at latest two seasons ago. Now, a front office with a new philosophy HAS to come in and the rebuild will probably be long and painful.

But those are our new young talented players we can use to hold around. If you don’t have some players like Drouin, Chucky etc to start from, you’re basically an expansion team and the rebuild goes from 2-3 years to 5-7 years.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
So, yesterday I sat with an extra-large Tim, in front of my 4k tv, with a Playstation controller in hand.

I though I could trade my way out of this mess.

However, here's the sad part, even on Playstation you can't fix this team.

It's broken. Too many holes to fill and no value to trade.

It's Broken AF...as the kids say.

Reactions: DAChampion

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
A GM who is scared for his job is a danger to everyone around him. We better hope we don’t see a panic trade or it gets blocked by Molson.

Last edited:
Reactions: ItzaGreat

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
A GM who is scared for his job is like a soldier in the army with PTSD. They’re both a danger to everyone around them. We better hope we don’t see a panic trade or it gets blocked by Molson.

I don't think Molson value himself high enough to block any trade made by MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad