Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Totally disagree about Brodin. His production barely surpasses Mete’s. He’s not a first pairing D.

We need a LD that relegates Mete to a lower pairing and not one that offers a similar offensive profile.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yes, again,thats why i said talent and not current production

I get it. But although Drouin has high end skill, I'm not so sure how much talent he has - as in talent to actually do useful things with the puck, in game situations. Girard, I think, has this. And, he's only 20. His talent probably still hasn't fully bloomed.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Capture_d%C3%A9cran_2019-05-14_%C3%A0_08.54.35.png

If true, I wonder what Nylander will fetch.

Imagine trading Petry for Nylander and signing Karlsson.

Drouin Domi Nylander
Tatar KK Gally
Byron Danault Shaw
Lehkonen Thompson Armia
Weal

Kulak Karlsson
Mete Weber
Benn Juulsen
Folin

PP1 Weber (left side) Karlsson(QB) KK (half board) Nylander (trigger man) Shaw (net presence)
Next year add Romanov, Brook, Poehling and Suzuki.
I’ll take that.

Last edited:

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
That would be on the GM and his staff to find...above my pay grade so to speak.
Hmmm, let me think.... He’d have to be large, extremely mobile, successful, good attitude/coachable, while on a stacked team that is developing him. LD too? Sergachev comes to mind, and I’m not even trying to be a jerk or asshole.

Jul 6, 2016

Drouin Domi Nylander
Tatar KK Gally
Byron Danault Shaw
Lehkonen Thompson Armia
Weal

Kulak Karlsson
Mete Weber
Benn Juulsen
Folin

PP1 Weber (left side) Karlsson(QB) KK (half board) Nylander (trigger man) Shaw (net presence)
I’ll take that.

Maybe TO .... will sign Karlsson.... If they get rid of Nylander and Gardiner's salaries.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Drouin Domi Nylander
Tatar KK Gally
Byron Danault Shaw
Lehkonen Thompson Armia
Weal

Kulak Karlsson
Mete Weber
Benn Juulsen
Folin

I’ll take that.
I don't want Nylander. He is a very flawed player just like Drouin

Reactions: Runner77

Jul 6, 2016
Repeat after me. No. Cap.

Dubas got to be creative... Lots of millions will be saved if he let Gardiner and Hainsey walk, and trade Marleau, Kadri and Nylander, even if Matthews cap hit sky rocket as well as Marmer's one.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Message for fellow Habs fans: Stop making trade proposals for other teams' top prospects on the main boards.

Totally agree. There are a couple of low ballin’ fake tradin’ Hab fans that make us all look like shit. Please don’t be them.

Reactions: Kotkaniemi15

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I don't want Nylander. He is a very flawed player just like Drouin

I don’t want Nylander as a team leader. I want him to score goals and he can do that in bunches. I see him as a not so poor man’s Panarin and only 23. Hes nowhere near him prime and Toronto already picked up a big chunk of his salary.

If you’re waiting for or expecting a perfect flawless player, you’ll never get him and always be bitterly disappointed. He’s jot perfect but he’s a sniper and we need that.

Nylander for 31 y.o Petry is a no brainer for me.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I don’t want Nylander as a team leader. I want him to score goals and he can do that in bunches. I see him as a not so poor man’s Panarin and only 23. Hes nowhere near him prime and Toronto already picked up a big chunk of his salary.

And it’s a no brainer for Toronto to 0 chance they do that. They won’t let go Nylander in there division for a 31 years old defenseman.

Reactions: Devonator

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I agree. But wouldn’t it be something if they did! Shades of Kordic for Courtnall.

Yaa but they where rumour that they refused Pietrangelo for him. Dubas would look really bad if he would turn down Pietrangelo but accept Petry. (Even if I think he look already dumb if he really had this offer and said no)

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
We also need to stop making so many trade threads for specific players. You may not like Drouin but don't make a hundred trade threads on the main boards. The more threads you make, the less other fans will offer. It only lowers the perception of our players.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Yaa but they where rumour that they refused Pietrangelo for him. Dubas would look really bad if he would turn down Pietrangelo but accept Petry. (Even if I think he look already dumb if he really had this offer and said no)

I’m not going to comment but Toronto media has a way of either exaggerating in Toronto’s favour or down right making shit up. I think that’s more of a wish scenario than an actual offer they refused. If they did Dubas is even dumber than I thought.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

If you’re waiting for or expecting a perfect flawless player, you’ll never get him and always be bitterly disappointed. He’s jot perfect but he’s a sniper and we need that.

He hasn't shown that he can do that in bunches. I mean Paul Byron has more goals than him in the past 3 seasons. The difference is that Byron isn't getting paid 7 million and isn't playing with an elite center. Panarin was a top 5 player in the KHL before coming here, I don't see the comparison at all.

He's just as flawed as Drouin except he's paid more and had better linemates.

I'd rather get better futures if we are trading Petry.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs fans would love Drouin if Nylander was traded here

Or, Hab fans would really love the first pairing LD that could be obtained in a package that included Drouin. Habs don’t need Nylander so it’s a false equivalency.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
He hasn't shown that he can do that in bunches. I mean Paul Byron has more goals than him in the past 3 seasons. The difference is that Byron isn't getting paid 7 million and isn't playing with an elite center. Panarin was a top 5 player in the KHL before coming here, I don't see the comparison at all.

He's just as flawed as Drouin except he's paid more and had better linemates.

I'd rather get better futures if we are trading Petry.

You got me. Byron and Nylander basically, identical. No difference between them at all. You’re good...

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Totally disagree about Brodin. His production barely surpasses Mete’s. He’s not a first pairing D.

We need a LD that relegates Mete to a lower pairing and not one that offers a similar offensive profile.
We don't need a first pairing D, we need a defensively sound defenceman who can make up for Petry's defensive short comings... Mete is perfect for Weber and will only get better... if you trade for someone like Gostisbehere, you'll also need to sign another Top 4 D because there's no way Mete can play with Petry... and if you get another Top 4 D, you block Romanov... Again, this team can be a contender, but it also needs time to develop its young prospects.

Reactions: Vachon23

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We don't need a first pairing D, we need a defensively sound defenceman who can make up for Petry's defensive short comings... Mete is perfect for Weber and will only get better... if you trade for someone like Gostisbehere, you'll also need to sign another Top 4 D because there's no way Mete can play with Petry... and if you get another Top 4 D, you block Romanov... Again, this team can be a contender, but it also needs time to develop its young prospects.

I beg to differ. A D who can't score is a liability and one dimensional and should never be used as a first pairing D. The Habs have done so out of dire need, they've rushed Mete. He should have been brought up more slowly and given time to work on his offence.

Mete's lack of offensive output and weak shot also impacts the PP. If the Habs had a real offensive QB on the left side, they'd be creating more play options.

The biggest priority is a first pairing LHD, who has offensive instincts and is a puck mover. This would bring down Mete a notch and take a huge load off of him.

Mete is not "perfect" for Weber. Anyone who can skate and a decent IQ can complement Weber. The Habs need much better than that.

We're past the point where the Habs can afford to start another season with Mete as first pairing. MB needs to go out there and trade for a LD that has offensive potential and who can QB the offence on the PP. That guy is not Mete.

Reactions: Holystik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad