Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wasn't making a projection of the lineup but rather just listing the D. That being said, Fox is a RD so I'm not sure about him on the left side. Also don't see Brook in front of Petry either. In the near future with these players, I'd see something closer to the following which includes Weber as I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon:

Mete Weber
Romanov Petry
Brook Fox
Schuldt Fleury

Whichever D makes the team would have to displace one of the other players in the lineup or else keep him in the A for depth and playing time.

Brook has been playing left side in junior so I can see him more comfortable there than Fox.

We would for sure have lots of options!

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Going after Fox
Juulsen getting back
Brook and Fleury panning out

It's time to move Petry. Guy has slown down considerably in the last 40 games or so, his value is at his highest. It's time.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Going after Fox
Juulsen getting back

It's time to move Petry. Guy has slown down considerably in the last 40 games or so, his value is at his highest. It's time.

Petry gets moved when we have a player to play with Weber and Fleury and Juulsen are producing at the NHL

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
LMAO no he hasnt

tenor.gif

2 assists in his last 13
8 points in his last 26
14 in his last 37

He's basically reverting back to his sub-30 points ways.... Exactly what he was before Weber came along

But don't mind me, I told you all so last year.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
tenor.gif

2 assists in his last 13
8 points in his last 26
14 in his last 37

He's basically reverting back to his sub-30 points ways.... Exactly what he was before Weber came along

But don't mind me, I told you all so last year.
26 points in 52 games since Weber has come back. So no, hes not going back to his sub-30 points ways. You also said we should trade him last year because his value wasnt getting any higher and you were 100% wrong.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
26 points in 52 games since Weber has come back. So no, hes not going back to his sub-30 points ways. You also said we should trade him last year because his value wasnt getting any higher and you were 100% wrong.
????

I mean, everything I said would happen has happened. He's reverted back to his ways since Weber has taken back his spot. He's bad defensively and now he's producing at a .3 PPG...

But sure, lets way another fifty games to see what happens... We've never seen that before :laugh:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Going after Fox
Juulsen getting back

Possible but Bergevin is our GM and I don't see it happening until his hand is forced like it was after last season. If we had a better season last year, I think he re-signs Patch. The guy believes in a middle of the pack team where anything can happen in the players... that is clear to me

If we had a season where we were not a fringe wild card team, I think he does move Petry at the deadline or at the draft. However, they went down the pride/rebound road and he is looking to make improves now, not sell and focus on youth entirely

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
????

I mean, everything I said would happen has happened. He's reverted back to his ways since Weber has taken back his spot. He's bad defensively and now he's producing at a .3 PPG...

But sure, lets way another fifty games to see what happens... We've never seen that before :laugh:
Uh no, you said his value wouldn't go any higher last year. And you were 100% wrong.

He's actually 0.5 PPG since Weber came back on a team that is ranked 15th in goals for and is dead last on the PP. He's NOT bad defensively. Kulak doesn't know how to stay in position and it leaves Petry exposed all the time. Petry has to babysit Kulak on most nights.

Wait another 50 games so he proves you wrong again but you can't even admit it? He doesn't have to, he's already done that.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Reactions: juggernaut

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
????

I'm open to move Petry if the return is right. But this idea that we can sell pieces and get the Patch type return is a fools dream. Teams will be interested in Petry but they will offer us spare parts. We don't need spare parts. We need grade A prospects and 1st round picks. I do think we can get a 1st but getting a 1st and a grade A prospect for Petry? I have my doubts.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Then he'll have worse value than he does now, and we would have won exactly nada.
He’s valuable for Montreal right now....his value is the most valuable on the ice tonight, not 2 seconds in 2021 and 2022

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Petry will be 32 2 months into next season so not in his prime anymore. It's about trading someone at peak value. I doubt he repeats his production, take a look at how it's gone for him since Weber was back to his normal self,

In the last 24 games Petry has 6 pts, if you go back to Jan he has 14 pts in 37 games after getting 28 pts in 40 games from the start of the season through December. Weber came back in December but clearly had to shake off the rust.

I don't think the Habs will trade him, because I don't think they are smart enough to see the big picture, the Habs aren't going to be a contender next year with TB, boston, etc.. meanwhile Petry's trade value will likely start to drop assuming his production does, which since Weber has been back to normal it has going from a .7 ppg to a .41 ppg

Our strength is RD, so it would be dealing from a position of strength, and it of course would be all about what can you get. Could you get Borgstrom, Provorov, Sanheim, Brannstrom, etc... some top young LD or young player/prospect that you think would help us win in a few years.

I can see why management and fans don't want to trade Petry, cause we can be a playoff team and you don't want to take the risk of getting worse in order to get better. It's a gamble but that's how you get ahead of 30 other teams, you make smart moves that others don't think of imo.

Petry is also UFA in 2 years.

Thoughts on Jokiharju ? I could see Bowman going all in again, lol, given how the team has performed the last 30 games or so.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Petry gets moved when we have a player to play with Weber and Fleury and Juulsen are producing at the NHL
For sure. Absolutely no reason whatsoever to move Jeff Petry at this time

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm open to move Petry if the return is right. But this idea that we can sell pieces and get the Patch type return is a fools dream. Teams will be interested in Petry but they will offer us spare parts. We don't need spare parts. We need grade A prospects and 1st round picks. I do think we can get a 1st but getting a 1st and a grade A prospect for Petry? I have my doubts.

Why would team offer spare parts ? Why could we get a top 6 forward, a top 15 pick and a 2nd for Pac but we can't get something similar for Petry ?

Why could Ottawa get Brannstrom and a 2nd for Stone but we can't for Petry?
Why could Anaheim get a first and Guhle for Montour but we can't ?
Why could Ottawa get two first and Abramov for Duchene but we can't ?
Why could Ottawa get Norris, Balcers, Demelo, Tierney, a second and three conditional first rounders for Karlsson but we can't ?
Why could LA get a first, a 2nd and Grundstrom for Muzzin ?

Were looking at getting a roster player a second and a first for Petry, thats the market, and we can replace him right away with Fox, Juulsen, Brook, Fleury or even an UFA. It's a win-win move in a lose-lose situation.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Going after Fox
Juulsen getting back

I’d trade Drouin this offseason to try and shore up our D and use his and available cap space to go HARD after Panarin or acquire another top end talent.

I’d trade Petry next offseason once a young D has shown they can take his spot on D. Use his cap to sign Domi and pad prospect pool or fill a need we have at that time.

See, being a good GM isn’t so hard :sarcasm:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why would team offer spare parts ? Why could we get a top 6 forward, a top 15 pick and a 2nd for Pac but we can't get something similar for Petry ?

Why could Ottawa get Brannstrom and a 2nd for Stone but we can't for Petry?
Why could Anaheim get a first and Guhle for Montour but we can't ?
Why could Ottawa get two first and Abramov for Duchene but we can't ?
Why could Ottawa get Norris, Balcers, Demelo, Tierney, a second and three conditional first rounders for Karlsson but we can't ?
Why could LA get a first, a 2nd and Grundstrom for Muzzin ?

Were looking at getting a roster player a second and a first for Petry, thats the market, and we can replace him right away with Fox, Juulsen, Brook, Fleury or even an UFA. It's a win-win move in a lose-lose situation.

The Muzzin return is more realistic. A late 1st, A grade B asset in Grundstrom, and another grade B asset in Durzi.

You have to remember, we don't need quantity in our prospect pool. We need to add to the quality we already have. Maybe smarter move is to trade Petry for a LD who is proven and is also a top 4D quality. Look for a team that needs a top 4 RD, is a contender or a team on the rise, and has a surplus of LD

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
We might be going after Fox, as it would stupid not to at least try to get a talented defenseman prospect for nothing. That said, he's not signing with us, he's signing with the Rangers as they were his favorite team growing up and their current weakness on the right side of their defense almost insures that Fox will get decent playing time if he signs with them as things stand now.

Personally, I'd try to go after Jimmy Schuldt much harder than I would Adam Fox as Poehling could help convince him to actually sign with us.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I’d trade Drouin this offseason to try and shore up our D and use his and available cap space to go HARD after Panarin or acquire another top end talent.

I’d trade Petry next offseason once a young D has shown they can take his spot on D. Use his cap to sign Domi and pad prospect pool or fill a need we have at that time.

See, being a good GM isn’t so hard :sarcasm:
Trading both Drouin and Petry frees way way enough money to throw the book at any UFA, it's a good move. Imagine if Karlsson hits free agency ? You throw 12 millions at him. Boom, roasted.

Drouin and Petry are must move this summer for me. Worse that can happen is that were not any better than this year, with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad