Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Canadiens' depth bolstered by Weise, Thompson acquisitions - Sportsnet.ca

Engels mentions that the Habs are still looking for a 2nd pair LD. I hope it’s Zadorov, as his cost might be a bit less than some of the higher priced players mentioned

Thanks for the link.

He says a little more than that:

... but sources have indicated to Sportsnet he’s in the market for a left defenceman who can slot into the team’s second pair—one who’s on the right side of 30 and in possession of a contract that extends beyond the remainder of this season.

A forward who can help on the power play—Montreal currently ranks 30th (13.5 per cent)—is on Bergevin’s wish list, too. But whether he adds anything else between now and the deadline, the moves he made over the last 72 hours have already addressed a significant need.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
What about Joel Edmundson or Brayden McNabb ?? What would it take for the habs to get them?

I feel like we are trying to win the Special Olympic with those acquisitions. I mean what's the point on short term solutions if they wont change the final outcome? Guys like Edmundson and McNabb wont change anything to our fate in playoffs. Neither will Thompson or Weise. I'm fine with Weise he's a fan favorite and we did not give any pick but i'm not ready to give picks for McNabb or Edmundston even if it's just 4th round or even 5th round. Give the TOI to Mete, Reilly, Kulak, Folin and hope for the best.

Now if we can get Lupus from Anaheim that's another story.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Thanks for the link.

He says a little more than that:

... but sources have indicated to Sportsnet he’s in the market for a left defenceman who can slot into the team’s second pair—one who’s on the right side of 30 and in possession of a contract that extends beyond the remainder of this season.

A forward who can help on the power play—Montreal currently ranks 30th (13.5 per cent)—is on Bergevin’s wish list, too. But whether he adds anything else between now and the deadline, the moves he made over the last 72 hours have already addressed a significant need.

Significant. What is this guy smoking? I agree we had to upgrade the 4th be that was like the less important of our concern.

I really do hope it's not King, Ott and Martinsen 2.0. That series against NYR was very painful to watch. Probably one of the worst series i watches since i'm born.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Significant. What is this guy smoking? I agree we had to upgrade the 4th be that was like the less important of our concern.

I really do hope it's not King, Ott and Martinsen 2.0. That series against NYR was very painful to watch. Probably one of the worst series i watches since i'm born.

Engels hails from HockeyBuzz, where making much ado about nothing is a specialty.

Reactions: sampollock

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not sure how I feel about this one... Could backfire on the Habs cause we are trading the younger players who are still improving.

- Huberdeau (top 6LW)
for
- Lehkonen (speedy middle 6LW/RW)
- Juulsen (Top 4RD potential)

If the Panthers add a 2020 2nd or 3rd, I might do it. They are clearly looking for a RD and to free up space but so are many others. We should not be devaluing Juulsen. This trade package saves the Panthers cap space to go after Panarin and Bob and also adds a RD for them.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Canadiens' depth bolstered by Weise, Thompson acquisitions - Sportsnet.ca

Engels mentions that the Habs are still looking for a 2nd pair LD. I hope it’s Zadorov, as his cost might be a bit less than some of the higher priced players mentioned

Zadorov would be nice whe he crushes people, but a puck moving, offensive type d is the one we need.

Not sure how I feel about this one... Could backfire on the Habs cause we are trading the younger players who are still improving.

- Huberdeau (top 6LW)
for

If the Panthers add a 2020 2nd or 3rd, I might do it. They are clearly looking for a RD and to free up space but so are many others. We should not be devaluing Juulsen. This trade package saves the Panthers cap space to go after Panarin and Bob and also adds a RD for them.

You'll likely have to add a first.

Lehkonen isn't all that great and Juulsen is hurt and his future is very much in question, despite what the team says.

Huberdeau has 4 years left at under 6 mill who's done rather well throughout his career points wise.

Yes, he looks a bit like a goof and he embarrasses himself when he tries ro act tough, but he should be worth more than that package. Quite a bit more.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Zadorov would be nice whe he crushes people, but a puck moving, offensive type d is the one we need.

You'll likely have to add a first.

Lehkonen isn't all that great and Juulsen is hurt and his future is very much in question, despite what the team says.

Huberdeau has 4 years left at under 6 mill who's done rather well throughout his career points wise.

Yes, he looks a bit like a goof and he embarrasses himself when he tries ro act tough, but he should be worth more than that package. Quite a bit more.

We disagree on Lehkonen's value. Not that great? You know nothing about him if you think he is not that great. Speed winger who can play both wings and is still improving at the age of 23. He does a lot of things out there that don't show up on the score sheet.

The gap between Huberdeau and Lehkonen is not as massive as you think it is. Why are you not giving credit for the havoc Lehkonen causes and the overall game he has for a 23 year old?

Lehkonen:
- 15 to 25 goal potential
- 40 to 50 points potential
- 79 hits this year
- 23 giveaways this year
- 34 takeaways this year
- 15:48 Average ice time
- 0:47 Average PP time
- 2:22 Average PK time

Huberdeau:
- 20 to 30 goal potential
- 50 to 60 points potential
- 35 hits this year
- 55 giveaways this year
- 27 takeaways this year
- 18:48 Average ice time
- 3:32 Average PP time
- 0:05 Average PK time

Points/Goals production: Huberdeau > Lehkonen
Speed, Youth, Grit, Overall game: Lehkonen > Huberdeau

90% of the people on these boards don't know Lehkonen's game. He is a huge part of our success this year. The kid has a hard time finishing but he causes a lot of havoc and turnovers with his speed.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

- Huberdeau (top 6LW)
for

The Panthers would not make that deal, never mind them adding a pick on top of that!!!!
It would cost us more than that

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Panthers would not make that deal, never mind them adding a pick on top of that!!!!
It would cost us more than that

Look a little closer in overall game vs just points and goals. The gap between these two is not as massive as most think. Lehkonen's speed game is a huge part of our success this year. The idea here is the Panthers are trying to reduce salary and a Lehkonen/Juulsen package is a serious package they think about real hard. They also appear to need RD's. I'm not even sure I would do it. Huberdeau is soft and Lehkonen has more grit and speed.

Lehkonen:
- 79 hits this year
- 23 giveaways this year
- 34 takeaways this year

Huberdeau:
- 35 hits this year
- 55 giveaways this year
- 27 takeaways this year

Points/Goals Production: Huberdeau > Lehkonen

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
The gap between these two is not as massive as most think.

You think Huberdeau would have missed on all those Lehkonen scoring chances that flew by him this year?

Talent is worth something, something beyond stats. That's why he commands a 1st +.

Trading within the division, on that level, doesn't happen too often either.

In terms of going absolutely mad, I still maintain that Poehling + 1st for Getzlaf lights the city (and the team) on fire.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

- Huberdeau (top 6LW)
for

Hard to see the Panthers even remotely considering that...

Would you give up Domi for that package?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You think Huberdeau would have missed on all those Lehkonen scoring chances that flew by him this year?

Talent is worth something, something beyond stats. That's why he commands a 1st +.

Trading within the division, on that level, doesn't happen too often either.

In terms of going absolutely mad, I still maintain that Poehling + 1st for Getzlaf lights the city (and the team) on fire.

1) Do you think Huberdeau causes those scoring chances that Lehkonen created for himself with his speed and intensity?

2) Talent is worth something. Are we talking about points talent only? Or are we talking about complete hockey player talent?

Edge to Huberdeau no doubt about it. My point is the gap is not massive. Lehkonen does a lot of things out there that people don't see cause they look at points only.

I'm interested in Huberdeau in a hockey trade. We give up a lot of youth and potential and we acquire someone with offensive ability but plays a soft game. Habs trading Lehkonen and Juulsen has the potential to back fire on us.

I'm not desperate for Huberdeau. If some team wants to give pry away value, I let the dummy GM do it.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would include one of Juulsen/Brook and our 2019 first in a deal for Huberdeau without question.

We are deep on the Right side of our defence. Realistically we only need one of these guys to pan out and slot in behind Weber and Petry, we have insurance on our right side.

Our 2019 1st is tougher to part ways with, but we have 2 2nds.

Huberdeau would complete our top 6 for the next 4-5 years and really doesn’t hurt our cap. I think if he was available it would be a no brainer

davey999

Mar 9, 2004

- Huberdeau (top 6LW)
for

I needed a good laugh this morning. Thanks

Reactions: Vachon23

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I needed a good laugh this morning. Thanks

You don't hurt my feelings. If we were building a hockey team, you would lose to my hockey team build cause I value complete players. I'm interested in Huberdeau but the guy is soft. He is another Patch and needs his line-mates to produce.

Most don't understand the reasons why the Habs are good this year. Lehkonen is a huge part and think about the game he brings. Don't look at his points only.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
1) Do you think Huberdeau causes those scoring chances that Lehkonen created for himself with his speed and intensity?

2) Talent is worth something. Are we talking about points talent only? Or are we talking about complete hockey player talent?

Edge to Huberdeau no doubt about it. My point is the gap is not massive. Lehkonen does a lot of things out there that people don't see cause they look at points only.

I'm interested in Huberdeau in a hockey trade. We give up a lot of youth and potential and we acquire someone with offensive ability but plays a soft game. Habs trading Lehkonen and Juulsen has the potential to back fire on us.

1) I think you shouldn't try to imagine what Huberdeau would do in Lehkonen's spot... I mean, really? You think Lehkonen's "intensity" weighs a lot in the balance here? Huberdeau would have buried so many of the opportunities missed by Lehk.

2) Offensive, points-based talent goes at a higher currency rate than Lehkonen types, I think.

Your offer was dubbed 'spare parts' by the main board, and I believe it included Lehkonen no?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
1) I think you shouldn't try to imagine what Huberdeau would do in Lehkonen's spot... I mean, really? You think Lehkonen's "intensity" weighs a lot in the balance here? Huberdeau would have buried so many of the opportunities missed by Lehk.

2) Offensive, points-based talent goes at a higher currency rate than Lehkonen types, I think.

Your offer was dubbed 'spare parts' by the main board, and I believe it included Lehkonen no?

You are drooling over a soft offensive player. I'm interested in Huberdeau and it's to help our PP and add some scoring. But am I ignoring what Lehkonen does that Huberdeau can't? NO!

- Offensive ability: Huberdeau > Lehkonen

- Speed, Youth and improving, Grit, Overall Game: Lehkonen > Huberdeau

I'm interested in Huberdau but I know very well he is another Patch type player. He will float around out there and he needs his line-mates to produce. Lehkonen don't play that type of game and he would be a player we would miss. Especially our speed.

Be careful with what you wish for.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
We disagree on Lehkonen's value. Not that great? You know nothing about him if you think he is not that great. Speed winger who can play both wings and is still improving at the age of 23. He does a lot of things out there that don't show up on the score sheet.

The gap between Huberdeau and Lehkonen is not as massive as you think it is. Why are you not giving credit for the havoc Lehkonen causes and the overall game he has for a 23 year old?

Lehkonen:
- 79 hits this year
- 23 giveaways this year
- 34 takeaways this year

Huberdeau:
- 35 hits this year
- 55 giveaways this year
- 27 takeaways this year

Points/Goals production: Huberdeau > Lehkonen

90% of the people on these boards don't know Lehkonen's game. He is a huge part of our success this year. The kid has a hard time finishing but he causes a lot of havoc and turnovers with his speed.

I agree that Lehkonen is underrated but I think you are giving him too much credit and not enough to Huberdeau.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
It seems pretty obvious that the only reason Florida would consider moving Huberdeau is to get Panarin and maybe Bobrovski and that the only way Huberdeau ends up in Montreal is if it's a three way deal, a ménage à trois if you will.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I feel like we are trying to win the Special Olympic with those acquisitions. I mean what's the point on short term solutions if they wont change the final outcome? Guys like Edmundson and McNabb wont change anything to our fate in playoffs. Neither will Thompson or Weise. I'm fine with Weise he's a fan favorite and we did not give any pick but i'm not ready to give picks for McNabb or Edmundston even if it's just 4th round or even 5th round. Give the TOI to Mete, Reilly, Kulak, Folin and hope for the best.

Now if we can get Lupus from Anaheim that's another story.

I dont think you know who Joel Edmunson is if you dont think he can help us now and in the future.. Hes 25 so he is still trending upward, not an offensive dynamo but hes a solid 2nd line pairing dman who would be a great fit for a more offensive minded defense like Petry.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yes because we clearly matchup well against Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander and Rielly

Or Bergeron, Marchand, pastrnak, kreiji

Or kucherov, stamkos, point, hedman

Or Crosby, malkin, Kessel letang

Or kuznetsov, ovechkin, backstrom, Oshie carlsson

Or or or. We don’t have the team to do it in a 7 game series.

We are missing a 1st line center, and 1st/2nd line rw and a top pair dman.

It truly is incredible how fast people in this fan base whine about a rebuild for a decade and the second the team runs hot they want to mortgage the future.

It just isn’t time. The team is too green and young. This years playoffs are about experience and playing spoiler in the first round and maybe even the second round! Enjoy the ride
Newsflash, we’re not acquiring or drafting players that can matchup to those players at the forward position anytime soon.....you suggest we just keep tanking until we luck out in the draft lottery and that at that exact time there is also a generational player available??

The future is now, we have many prospects and picks, and talent on the team, trading away a few prospects and picks will not mortgage out future especially if we aquire a player that’s <25.......

3/4’s of our prospects will never make The NHL.....identify your untouchables within reason and trade the rest if it’s gonna make your team stronger now and later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad