Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 76 (No rest for the addicted edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
When you look value... I see trades like that :

Tyler Toffoli for Justin Barron, 2nd pick EDM 2022 and 2nd pick COL 2024.
Artturi Lehkonen for Emil Heineman and 1st pick CGY 2022.
Ben Chiarot for Ty Smilanic and 1st pick FLO 2023.
Brett Kulak for Tyler Pitlick, William Lagesson, 4th pick NYR 2022, 5th pick FLO 2023 and 7th pick EDM 2024.

That's very very good when you look like that.
:laugh: love that you shuffled it up to make it look good!

Shuffle it back to the original trades and it still looks good! :sarcasm:

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Zadina hasn't performed up to his standards so far. As a guy drafted around Svech, Tkachuk and even KK he is nowhere near trending with those players. Detroit might be tempted to move on from him and a third included is really nothing. Petry still has value and is a Michigan boy.

As for the Leafs....they have 3 picks in 7 rounds this draft. If anyone would be willing to sell their first for 3 other picks, it would be them. Maybe we have to negotiate a bit depending on where there pick is.

If it is 20-24 we include package 33rd + a 3rd rounder.

If it is 25-32 we package 50 + 2 thirds.

Use your imagination.
THe wings aren’t trading Zidina for Petry. Makes zero sense unless it’s PS4.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Try to move Dvorak for Zacha

Move Petry+Poehling+Allen to Wings for Hronek+pick/prospect... The hope is they want to win and see value in Allen

Anderson (cap retained) + Evans for Lafreniere - pipe dream I know...

Weber+pick to Coyotes/Wild
---------------

Lafreniere - Suzuki - Caufield
Hoffman - Zacha - Gallagher
Byron - Drouin* - Armia
Pezzetta - Pitlick - Pitlick(Tyler)/Dauphin

Romanov - Savard
Edmundson - Hronek
Schueneman - UFA RD
Waiver pickup

Montembeault/Price

*Move Drouin to C next season to see if we can maybe squeeze out some value for him. Boost Byron/Armia/Hoffman/Gallagher value too by giving lot of icetime.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The Oilers traded a conditional 3rd round pick to Chicago for Duncan Keith. The condition is a weird one, though.

Here are the conditions:
- Edmonton needs to make the Stanley Cup Final.
- Duncan Keith needs to play Top-4 ice time among D in the first 3 rounds.

Now, IF those conditions are met, that 2022 3rd round pick becomes a 2022 2nd round pick. IF that condition is met, Chicago gets the 2022 2nd and the Habs get the Oilers' 2023 2nd round pick.

IF the conditions are not met, then Chicago gets Edmonton's 2022 3rd round pick and Habs get the 2022 2nd round pick.

No matter what, Habs are getting a 2nd round pick. Only thing we need to wait for is to see if it's the 2022 2nd round pick or the 2023 one.
Think it’s safe to say Edmonton isn’t going to the finals so it’ll be a 2022 2nd ;)

BenG

Sep 15, 2015
Montreal
Was looking at the upcoming UFAs this summer and found an interesting option…

Attachments

• DAFB3B00-8906-4762-91E0-96B638C83390.jpeg
    DAFB3B00-8906-4762-91E0-96B638C83390.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Haha
Reactions: Kanye East

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Was looking at the upcoming UFAs this summer and found an interesting option…
No thanks to Claude!

Seriously though..if we somehow manage to unload Weber's contract and trade Dvorak. I could see us signing Kadri. Just wouldn't want to do anymore than 5 years x 7 mil. Imagine a line with Kadri and Gally on it! :popcorn:

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Try to move Dvorak for Zacha

Move Petry+Poehling+Allen to Wings for Hronek+pick/prospect... The hope is they want to win and see value in Allen

Anderson (cap retained) + Evans for Lafreniere - pipe dream I know...

Weber+pick to Coyotes/Wild
---------------

Lafreniere - Suzuki - Caufield
Hoffman - Zacha - Gallagher
Byron - Drouin* - Armia
Pezzetta - Pitlick - Pitlick(Tyler)/Dauphin

Romanov - Savard
Edmundson - Hronek
Schueneman - UFA RD
Waiver pickup

Montembeault/Price

*Move Drouin to C next season to see if we can maybe squeeze out some value for him. Boost Byron/Armia/Hoffman/Gallagher value too by giving lot of icetime.
Laf would be a dream. I just wouldn't want to trade Anderson at this point. He is far too unique.

Laf's rookie contract is up in the summer of 2023. We will be so loaded on top picks at that point, What are your thoughts on an offer sheet for him? I'd throw away first rounders in 24 and 25 for him.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Rumor at the deadline was that Petry had negative value in the trade market. Yet, teams were showing interest in him. He has a NTC where he submits a 15 team no trade list. I doubt teams like Buffalo and Arizona were trying to get him. They have to know he isn't going to waive to go to them. Which means there were some meaningful teams asking about him. Not sure I know of too many mediocre to good teams actively trying to acquire a negative value asset unless they were trying to unload one of their own bad contracts.

Reactions: Goalfield22

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Rumor at the deadline was that Petry had negative value in the trade market. Yet, teams were showing interest in him. He has a NTC where he submits a 15 team no trade list. I doubt teams like Buffalo and Arizona were trying to get him. They have to know he isn't going to waive to go to them. Which means there were some meaningful teams asking about him. Not sure I know of too many mediocre to good teams actively trying to acquire a negative value asset unless they were trying to unload one of their own bad contracts.
The thing with Petry, is he was an absolute stud last year and complete trash to start this year. I question whether it was a serious decline in his game, or the impacts of Ducharme/family pressure/just losing confidence. He has improved slightly since MSL came and could still finish the season strong. Trading him at the TDL would have been at his lowest value. I would wager on him bouncing back to finish the season and increasing his value for the off-season.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Actual rumour or HF rumour? On HF every Habs player has negative value lmfao

Reactions: JoelWarlord

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I don't think his NTC is worth much. If Hughes to him with a trade to a team that is on his no-go list, and he refuses than I think the onus falls on Petry and his agent to find a team to take him. Hughes can only do so much and already said at every occasion that the trade has to make sense for the Habs or he won't do it.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Weber's LTIR contract does nothing for Minnesota. It's only worth something to a team that needs to get to the cap floor. Right now that appears to be only Arizona.
Doesn't it allow them to go over the cap by 7.8M? With all their dead cap from Suter/Parise buyouts, feel like it'd do them good in season.

Last edited:

CaptainKirk

Sep 27, 2004
Moncton
Hughes said it at he press conference if you read between the lines
He also mentioned you can't retain salary on just one year. It has to be retained on each of the remaining years of the contract. I could see that being a major road block for Hughes as teams called him. Likely asking for the Habs to retain some of that $$ but Hughes doesn't want to be stuck paying a % of Petry's salary for the next few years.

CaptainKirk

Sep 27, 2004
Moncton
Doesn't it allow them to go over the cap by 7.8M? With all their dead cap from Suter/Parise buyout feel like it'd do them good in season.
That 7.8M would be taken up by Weber's contract, so they don't gain anything. Just like we don't gain anything with him, unless he were to come back in the playoffs like Tampa did last year.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
That 7.8M would be taken up by Weber's contract, so they don't gain anything. Just like we don't gain anything with him, unless he were to come back in the playoffs like Tampa did last year.
I believe they way LTIR works is it allows the team to go over the cap based on the player's cap hit. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that's why Montreal can have 91+M in caphit when the cap is 81.5M.

For next 3 years Wild have 13-15M in dead cap space due to buyouts. I'm wondering whether having a Weber on LTIR would be beneficial as it will basically give them 7.8M LTIR space to add in players. Feel like if this is true, Wild would be really interested in someone like Weber (negligible $ but really big cap hit).

Last edited:

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Doesn't it allow them to go over the cap by 7.8M? With all their dead cap from Suter/Parise buyouts, feel like it'd do them good in season.
No, it doesn't work that way. They can exceed the cap by Weber's $7.8M, but Weber's $7.8M cap hit also counts. The net effect is zero cap relief.

Last edited:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Montreal and Ottawa were close to a trade, but Montreal backed out.

Speculation was the target was White because Hughes was White's agent.

Source team 1200 and Dreger
They want to unload contract and they would get a 5m player sign until 2026? Don't if it make sense for me

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Arizona wanted it but took on Little's contract instead. Summer
Apparently, Montreal and Arizona had agreed to a Weber trade, but NHL nixed it because of the potential for bad PR - Steve Dangle.
Montreal and Ottawa were close to a trade, but Montreal backed out.

Speculation was the target was White because Hughes was White's agent.

Source team 1200 and Dreger
Probably for Weber's contract. White - Weber trade. Sens get out from under a bad contract as Weber is owed far less money, and Montreal gets cap space, and a young player that maybe could be rehabilitated in a different atmosphere.

Montreal backed out.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Just wondering.....just a question....but Vegas comes to the Habs and want to unload Dadonov's contract....I know it's this year but most importantly...next year...do you do it if....they offer the Habs...Cormier, Dean or Chayka? I mean...they would not offer Brisson so...

So 1 year of Dadonov at 5M$ for one of those 3 prospects?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad