Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 75 (2 Days Left)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I hope we manage to move another contract... I don't really care too much which one it is...

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Genuinely have no idea why people are apparently so worked up about whether or not we're going to do an entire rebuild at a single deadline. They'll move Lehkonen if someone gives us a Coleman/Goodrow tier offer, and they shouldn't move him otherwise. They'll move Kulak if someone offers a 3rd, and they'll keep him otherwise. Wideman likely has no value so they probably won't bother trading him for a 7th when you still need guys to finish out the season. The only decision here that's in any way consequential is Lehkonen and it's less about whether Hughes/Gorton decide to "keep" Lehkonen and more about whether or not another team meets the price. If they do he'll move, if they don't he won't move, it's that simple.

If you expected that Armia, Petry, Allen/Price, Dvorak, Hoffman, Drouin, Gallagher, Byron, Edmundson, etc were all going to be gone in a single deadline I don't know what to tell you. It's difficult to move that many contracts with term in a short period of time in a cap system. It takes time and a bunch of those guys will move in the summer when other teams have flexibility. Rebuilding is a strategy, it's not a moral penance one must undergo for the hockey gods to denote you as worthy of becoming a contending team. You do not help your team by trading Lehkonen for a 2nd because he's over some arbitrary age limit while being under an arbitrary number of points.

Reactions: ginomini

PhysicalHABuse

Jun 11, 2016
Jack McBain was traded to the Coyotes for a 2nd rd pick. I was really hoping we would have traded for him as was rumoured.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Call it what you want, the point is exactly to get rid of those bad contracts and removing players that don’t fit the new mold.

The post I was replying to wanted to fix all of it during one TDL where realistically it might take another year at least to do.

They won’t double down on bad contracts because they can’t get rid of them after one month.
There’s zero chance Gallagher gets traded same goes for Hoffman . Drouin? Good luck , no one wants this guy even for a year Price ? Ya, no He’s going absolutely no where unless you eat half the contract and is healthy It’s not as easy as you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad