Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 75 (2 Days Left)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
No garanties where in the top 5 next season, you can’t draft a Dmen based on that

Sorry when I say mainly that statement is contingent on Habs drafting top 10 next season. If they become a playoff bubble team, then I'd still actually rather Habs take the potential no. 1 D. So if its not Wright, I hope they take Nemec. Forget any pretext

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
You also gotta realize that you can’t sell things that don’t have demand. Longer/expensive contracts are difficult to move at the deadline. And certain players just become untradable due to poor performance and expensive contract, sometimes you just have to let players build up their value a bit before selling.

I do think this is the perfect time to sell lehk, his value has never been higher.
If the goal is to try and make the playoffs next season, the Lekhonen has much more value to the team within MSLs concept, than a draft pick

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If he does not trade Lekhonen and Kulak it will be a huge failure in my opinion.
It will only further cement the entire goal was to use this season for a one & done retool + create cap room for offseason acquisitions & vie for playoffs next season

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
While some have made solid cases to trade some assets before the deadline you have to give management the benefit of the doubt. You need two willing partners and the return has to improve the team moving forward.
If no more moves are made I will be disappointed but these guys have a plan and I will let them handle it.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If he does not trade Lekhonen and Kulak it will be a huge failure in my opinion.
You gotta remember this team has said they don't want to go scorched earth. Trading Kulak for a 3rd... if they do, they do. If they don't, they don't.

No point in trading Lehkonen for a mid-late 2nd.

If you stand back and try to look at it how Hughes and Gorton are looking at it, they're not trading Lehkonen likely. Also, can sign Lehkonen for a 1, or 2 year deal and trade him next deadline.

If the Habs didn't trade Chiarot, then THAT would be a huge disappointment

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
You gotta remember this team has said they don't want to go scorched earth. Trading Kulak for a 3rd... if they do, they do. If they don't, they don't.

No point in trading Lehkonen for a mid-late 2nd.

If you stand back and try to look at it how Hughes and Gorton are looking at it, they're not trading Lehkonen likely. Also, can sign Lehkonen for a 1, or 2 year deal and trade him next deadline.

If the Habs didn't trade Chiarot, then THAT would be a huge disappointment
useless to sign him 1 year , you wont get a better return next year.

Reactions: Gravity

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
When did they say rebuild? You can’t rebuild with these terrible contracts
Call it what you want, the point is exactly to get rid of those bad contracts and removing players that don’t fit the new mold.

The post I was replying to wanted to fix all of it during one TDL where realistically it might take another year at least to do.

They won’t double down on bad contracts because they can’t get rid of them after one month.

Reactions: Gravity

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
If I'm Hughes I keep Lehki unless someone's willing to overpay a ton. Wideman and Kulak are re-signs for me, they're solid players for how much they'll get paid. Solid 3rd pairing guys.

The guy who I'd be dangling is actually Anderson. Good player when he's on but he's very inconsistent and injury prone, he'd fetch a lot.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
I only see kulak going. Lekhonen I don't think so only because we seem to have a very high value for him.

Gallagher nobody would want not even Arizona.

Petry is a deal that doesn't happen now Imo but near orbat the draft.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
useless to sign him 1 year , you wont get a better return next year.
Maybe not, but that doesn't change their plans.

Would be nice to get in on these overpayment and get another prospect and/or pick, but I wouldnt be shocked if the Habs trade no one between now and when it's all said and done tomorrow.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
All the talk of more trades. Sure more trades is ideal. But lets say the best offer for lehkonen is a 2nd amd kulak for a 3rd. Id rather just hamg on to them. The odds the 2nd and 3rd rounders dont amount to anything. Kulak amd lehkonen is worth more. Now if you get a 1st for lehkonen and a 2nd for kulak you take that and run. It takes 2 parties to make a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad