Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 72 (The Final Week)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Staple goes further with several scenarios involving the Habs. Here are a few:

Lundkvist and a 2022 second-rounder to the Habs for Lehkonen and Chiarot:

Exec’s take: “I don’t think Montreal is putting both guys in the same deal unless it’s one they can’t say no to. (Jeff) Gorton knows Lundkvist well and knows the upside is there, so you’d have his attention with him. Until he knows he can’t get it, he’s going to try like hell to get the (David) Savard-type deal for Chiarot. It may not be there yet, but still some time to see if someone blinks. So at the end of the day on this, he’s almost surely doing better selling these guys off individually.”

Kravtsov, a 2022 first and a 2023 third to the Canadiens for Lehkonen and Chiarot:

Exec’s take: “What’s the saying, ‘Fool me once …’? Don’t see Kravtsov as anything but a nonstarter for Gorton. Kravtsov, though, is a guy, if it ever all came together, could be an Alex Kovalev type — that’s a guy who had a pretty good run in Montreal. You’d be praying all the stars align for that to happen.”

Kravtsov,Alexandar Georgiev and a 2022 second to the Canadiens for Lehkonen and Jake Allen (50 percent salary retained):

Exec’s take: “See above on Kravtsov and Gorton saying yes to this. Gorton knows Georgiev well too. He’s not going there.”
The more I hear about Kravtsov, the more I don't want him.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
You were saying how HF player evaluations are not reliable yet you quote an unreliable site like gohabsgo for rumors. :dunno:

Nothing against you but there are too many garbage sites that we have been quoting in here as references — maybe we ought to collectively raise the bar.
Feel targeted? lol... Yeah, like there's much going on in here otherwise except filling 1000 pages thread after thread of speculation anyways :rolleyes:

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Monahan has had a linear decline in the last 3 consecutive seasons. Unless he comes super, super cheap, I would pass.
Yes - Monahan's skating and shot have been severely diminished due to injuries over the years. Monahan is not a reclamation project - he's basically a bigger, C version of Gallagher without the intensity at this point. If we pick him up as a cap dump to facilitate a larger trade I won't complain about it given that he only has one year remaining, but he won't be a good fit in terms of what we're looking for up front (speed, skill, and hockey sense).

Reactions: Schooner Guy

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Good. And I love that it "starts with a 1st rounder." He's an RFA and way more important to us than a draft pick.

I'm ok with "starts with. " But I hope there's some flexibility to include li Lehk with Chiarot or Allen or someone else to try to e n.v sure we get another 1st and/or a top prospect. Late 1sts are much more valuable than late 2nds.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yes - Monahan's skating and shot have been severely diminished due to injuries over the years. Monahan is not a reclamation project - he's basically a bigger, C version of Gallagher without the intensity at this point. If we pick him up as a cap dump to facilitate a larger trade I won't complain about it given that he only has one year remaining, but he won't be a good fit in terms of what we're looking for up front (speed, skill, and hockey sense).

Agreed. Flames fans are super high on Pelletier and Coronato. If management are also that high on them, can't see them sacrificing them in a cap dump.

Chicago let Terravainen go to get rid of the final year of Bickell's deal. But I think they were concerned about his progress - same as when Gainey let McDonagh go. That's a situation we should be looking for.

Reactions: lamp9post

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I know but this board was in love with Bergs back in 2014 and 2015. Very same posters who rip him now. Sign Bergevin long term before another team steals him from us they were saying. No doubt you were one of them .lol
I assure you I was not.

I've written about how bad Bergevin's entire tenure has been on my analysis blog if you want to look -- I don't want to break self-promotion rules and link it here but I wrote a pretty long and heated piece on how bad the Bergevin-Molson tenure has been. Click here if you want. (mods please delete if I'm breaking rules, I can't find a clear answer)

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

i wonder if there is something that could be built off of Monahan for Dvorak so that Calgary still gets a serviceable middle 6 Center but saves money in the process

Something like:

Monahan
Pelletier

For

Chiarot
Dvorak
2nd

McPhees Moustache

Dec 11, 2021
Calgary
6.3M caphit and one more year left. Still young enough to reclaim, and if it doesn't work sell him at next year's TDL.

I'd take him if we could fit him, 100%. Former 80 point scorer, 6'3" -- maybe he needs a new not-grindy system... one that MSL has...
I don't think '80pt' Monohan exists anymore unless he's being flanked by one Johnny Gaudreau
He played through a hip injury for the entire season last year and has never regained full speed which is an issue for someone who already wasn't considered a great skater

Reactions: ReHabs

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
i wonder if there is something that could be built off of Monahan for Dvorak so that Calgary still gets a serviceable middle 6 Center but saves money in the process

Something like:

Monahan
Pelletier

For

Chiarot
Dvorak
2nd
I'd rather trade Chiarot for a 1st, keep our high 2nd pick (borderline low first) and keep Dvorak to see what we have as a player under Marty St Louis....But that's just me. Not a fan of Monahan.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We didn’t get to see Bergevin do a lot the first half of his tenure because the core was there before he got here. He made some good moves with Petry being his best, but there was a reason he got the reputation for dumpster diving when his idea of putting the final touches on a strong team was picking up the Flynn’s, Mitchell’s, Martinsen’s, Ott’s, etc of the world. We got to see what he was really made of when he self destructed in 2017 and started to put together what he really invisioned as a good roster and it wasn’t pretty.

The real issues were what happened before he started yes. But when I look back, I think the drafting from 08-15 was just brutal. Ripple effects that last for years where he tried to address those holes in trades and UFA signings.

I really do think he miscalculated our potential in 2012. We should have stayed down and sold on some vets vs moving up. You might not see it the exact same but this is how I see it. Fast forward to today and I do wonder about our ability to clear cap and sell on our vets vs moving up the standings too early (again). We will see how that plays out

Reactions: nhlfan9191

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I'd rather trade Chiarot for a 1st, keep our high 2nd pick (borderline low first) and keep Dvorak to see what we have as a player under Marty St Louis....But that's just me. Not a fan of Monahan.

Completely fair and reasonable take.

My preference would be to sweeten the pot where possible to try and get Pelletier since his development is nearly complete. He’ll be an NHL next year

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

My preference would be to sweeten the pot where possible to try and get Pelletier since his development is nearly complete. He’ll be an NHL next year

I get it...but if Chiarot is worth a first, our second round pick is pretty much a first (especially if we're last and pick first in the second round) and we traded a first for Dvorak barely 7 months ago, that's like the equivalent of three 1st round picks for Monahan and Pelletier. I like Pelletier too, but I don't know if I like him at that price tag. It's just an opinion though.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

A few comments:
* I'm not too sure the Flames want to trade Pelletier. I think they would value him like we do with Guhle or Caufield (pre NHL).
* Lets say they would consider moving Pelletier for Chiarot. I'd be open to sending back someone like Norlinder or Kidney. Some will say I am being ridiculous but my goal is to swap out a grade B/B+ for a grade A. We have a ton of grade B/B+ types and I'd sell high on Kidney before he turns pro.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm ok with "starts with. " But I hope there's some flexibility to include li Lehk with Chiarot or Allen or someone else to try to e n.v sure we get another 1st and/or a top prospect. Late 1sts are much more valuable than late 2nds.
Top prospects that have a upwards track record since being drafted is the only real way way I'd have any interest in moving people like Lehkonen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad