Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 72 (The Final Week)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
In what organization is McBain guaranteed to play top 6? He wasn't productive in the NCAA until his Sr season.

Minnesota is extremely thin at center. Hartman and Gaudreau are currently in their top 9. I think Rossi will end up on the wing at the NHL level.

This is what I was going to ask. I've never seen him play, but he's never really produced that well until this season (his senior season). Lots of players produce in their senior season (look at Brett Stapley). Yes, I know he 6 foot 3, but what makes him such a good prospect? I haven't seen him play, so I'm genuinely asking.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
That's a load of bologna. Up until this season, Petry was one of the most consistent Dmen in the league for a stretch of 4 seasons with over 40 points and great two-way play. With Weber's injuries, Petry played a lot of games over those seasons without Weber in the lineup.
I recall Petry being inconsistent game to game and sometimes having huge lapses in those Weberless seasons.

He was better when Weber was playing and absorbing those matchups, that I feel confident in asserting, for sure.

This season he was a calamity and his gutless play during the nadir was so incredibly disappointing. I think he crossed the line with that and should be moved for everybody’s benefit.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I recall Petry being inconsistent game to game and sometimes having huge lapses in those Weberless seasons.

He was better when Weber was playing and absorbing those matchups, that I feel confident in asserting, for sure.

This season he was a calamity and his gutless play during the nadir was so incredibly disappointing. I think he crossed the line with that and should be moved for everybody’s benefit.
He has drove me crazy this year too but it's not fair to say he can't handle it because of Weber missing. Weber's been missing a lot throughout his Habs tenure due to injuries.

Reactions: ReHabs

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I’m not convinced that Monahan wouldn’t be a good *cheap* pickup who can then be sold for cheap at least next TDL. If he’s had injury and personality issues that’s not something we are unfamiliar with — consider Gallagher and Anderson with their injury problems and Drouin with his everything problems.

In that light Monahan seems like a high-upside move.

But I’m also not convinced that Calgary would value Dvorak much at all either. It’s a shame we didn’t get to see him play under MSL so far — maybe it would’ve gone better for his valuation.

I've watched a lot of Flames hockey in recent years and Monahan has slowed down (was never a burner to begin with) and lost his effectiveness. He cut his season a bit short last year to have hip surgery which they hoped would bring him back to his previous form. Not the case. I don't see high upside with him. He's slower than Dvorak.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

I agree that he will more than likely be moved, but the Habs will dictate the terms. He's looked better under MSL, and I'm willing to bet he will continue to look better over the last 20+ games of the season. He can be moved this summer in a better thought out trade. It's not a rush to trade him before the trade deadline.

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
I've watched a lot of Flames hockey in recent years and Monahan has slowed down (was never a burner to begin with) and lost his effectiveness. He cut his season a bit short last year to have hip surgery which they hoped would bring him back to his previous form. Not the case. I don't see high upside with him. He's slower than Dvorak.
Add that to subpar defensive play and you have a $7 million anchor in your bottom six

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
I’m not convinced that Monahan wouldn’t be a good *cheap* pickup who can then be sold for cheap at least next TDL. If he’s had injury and personality issues that’s not something we are unfamiliar with — consider Gallagher and Anderson with their injury problems and Drouin with his everything problems.

In that light Monahan seems like a high-upside move.

But I’m also not convinced that Calgary would value Dvorak much at all either. It’s a shame we didn’t get to see him play under MSL so far — maybe it would’ve gone better for his valuation.
I would think that if Calgary was presented with the option to have Dvorak or Monahan, they would take Dvorak 10 times out of 10. I watch a ton of flames hockey and Monahan is invisible, he’s been playing in the bottom six, the flames went out and got Toffoli to help him out, still hasn’t done anything. He’s slow and he’s definitely in Sutters doghouse.

He has a ton of miles on his body as he came into the NHL as an 18-year-old, he hasn’t played particularly good hockey for a number of years now because of injuries. Hoping he bounces back in Montreal where we are focussing on being a speed team, I don’t think it’s going to bode well. Also, we don’t have the centres that can insulate Monahan, where he would be brought in as insulation to our young centres.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I assure you I was not.

I've written about how bad Bergevin's entire tenure has been on my analysis blog if you want to look -- I don't want to break self-promotion rules and link it here but I wrote a pretty long and heated piece on how bad the Bergevin-Molson tenure has been. Click here if you want. (mods please delete if I'm breaking rules, I can't find a clear answer)
You exception to the rule then

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Petry has 10 pts in the last 13 games.

Petry will look and play a lot better when he isn’t on a crap team. The team as a whole has been junk this year. As far as I’m concerned, this year is a writeoff for most guys. Petry is much better than this year, just a symptom of a shit team and low morale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad