Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
No chance. If price gets hurt again habs could win the lottery with plek and dd as no. 2 and 3 playing.

My post was rhetorical.

Because trading DD is rhetorical. We'd need to give a high pick just to get rid of him so... not happening.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Yeah. I'm pretty confident Bergevin is not going to make another trade this summer. He has acquired three new guaranteed starting line-up players. Between that and our rookies we should be ok.

Ghetto could break through.

Carr has already shown his ability to be an above average player.

McCarron could probably plug a 82 games in the line-up.

Lehkonen probably won't make it, but he could.

What about the centres?

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
My post was rhetorical.

Because trading DD is rhetorical. We'd need to give a high pick just to get rid of him so... not happening.

Ridiculous... DD has more value (although almost none) than several players already traded.

Again the crazy lunatic hate.

Perhaps another bad contract and probably low pick/low prospect.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Ridiculous... DD has more value (although almost none) than several players already traded.

Again the crazy lunatic hâte.

Perhaps another bad contracteur and probably low pick/low prospect.

You mean guys like David Clarkson, Bryan Bickell, and Pavel Datsyuk?

I'm not sure about Bickell.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Again the crazy lunatic hate.

Perhaps another bad contract and probably low pick/low prospect.

As per many NHL GMs... Desharnais is not an NHL player anymore.

And it's not blind hate from my part. As you say, we can trade Desharnais for an equally useless 3.5M guy. But what would be the point?

Positive Vibes

im just here to argue
Jun 24, 2016
Depths of Hell
Yeah. I'm pretty confident Bergevin is not going to make another trade this summer. He has acquired three new guaranteed starting line-up players. Between that and our rookies we should be ok.

Ghetto could break through.

Carr has already shown his ability to be an above average player.

McCarron could probably plug a 82 games in the line-up.

Lehkonen probably won't make it, but he could.

would be farily surprised if we dont make atleast one more trade rather for a defencemen to play with webs or that 2nd LW because i dont think any of the kids are really ready to take that position quite yet and another year in the ahl will do nothing but good for them

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Would you guys do Kunitz for DD?

Probably, even though Kunitz is arguably worse than Desharnais (and slightly more expensive). Anything to remove Desharnais as an option for Therrien, basically. And Kunitz would lend a smidgen of credibility to our left side, at least, which is a big weakness.

PIT has Crosby, Malkin and Bonino set as their centres though, don't think they'd have any interest at all in DD.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
I know DD gets all types of hate because of his use. He's got one more year at 3.5.
We've had a history with buffalo in the last few years, would a DD for Evander Kane with his value taken such a hit. Both with a million retained. DD would only be 2.5 next year and Kane at 5 for 2 years. We get size and help on the wings and MB has tried with his last chance reclamation projects and just not protect him from the expansion draft next year

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
I know DD gets all types of hate because of his use. He's got one more year at 3.5.
We've had a history with buffalo in the last few years, would a DD for Evander Kane with his value taken such a hit. Both with a million retained. DD would only be 2.5 next year and Kane at 5 for 2 years. We get size and help on the wings and MB has tried with his last chance reclamation projects and just not protect him from the expansion draft next year

Totally would do it. and MT can make Kane a better person in the process. :D

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

Even with all of Kane's red flags...that's a no brainer. Even if his value has fallen I'm quite sure Buffalo can get more back though.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
Even with all of Kane's red flags...that's a no brainer. Even if his value has fallen I'm quite sure Buffalo can get more back though.

they could. likely zero salary retention. and I am sure they'd want some kind of picks/prospects in any deal. they have talent coming up that can displace Kane already, but downgrading to fx a problem in the room isn't done...........

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

I'd do it.. but I don't see why a GM that just traded Subban for "reasons" would go and trade for guy like E.Kane that would give MB plenty of "reasons" to trade him.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
It's great that all of us would trade DD for Evander Kane.....but maybe Desharnais has literally zero value to almost all teams?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
With Fowler still being dangled and Bergevin's history and friendship with Anaheim, I wonder why we haven't traded fro him yet.

He is the PERFECT fit to play with Weber on the 1st pairing and gives Beau and Sergachev another year to develop without rushing them in and he replaces Markov immediately.

I know the ask must be high but I think we have the pieces to get it done.: Hypothetically:

Fowler Weber
Markov Petry
Beau Pateryn
Barberio Emelin

Pretty solid D corp. Depending on Markov, that's a very solid top 4 especially that Beau and Emelin can easily slot in that spot as well.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
With Fowler still being dangled and Bergevin's history and friendship with Anaheim, I wonder why we haven't traded fro him yet.

He is the PERFECT fit to play with Weber on the 1st pairing and gives Beau and Sergachev another year to develop without rushing them in and he replaces Markov immediately.

I know the ask must be high but I think we have the pieces to get it done.: Hypothetically:

Fowler Weber
Markov Petry
Beau Pateryn
Barberio Emelin

Pretty solid D corp. Depending on Markov, that's a very solid top 4 especially that Beau and Emelin can easily slot in that spot as well.

My guess is that MB is trying to land Fowler, but the Ducks are likely asking for a top 6 winger in return. If the return is an NHL ready forward prospect and some futures (pick/prospect - not named McCarron) it would likely have happened already.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
My guess is that MB is trying to land Fowler, but the Ducks are likely asking for a top 6 winger in return. If the return is an NHL ready forward prospect and some futures (pick/prospect - not named McCarron) it would likely have happened already.

We would also have to find a way to make it work under the cap, and the only way to do so would be to send them Desharnais or Emelin. We don't have any good players roughly equivalent to Fowler's cap hit to send back in a fair value trade.

So if Anaheim wants to make a lateral Fowler move to upgrade another position (i.e. trade a good NHL D for a good NHL F), we're not good trading partners.

I can't really see Anaheim being interested in the picks or prospects it would take to sweeten the deal to get them to trade Fowler for either of our two guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad