Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Sorry but you have to be crazy not to do a 3rd for Yak. How many 3rds pan out? Not very many. Yak is an NHL player at worst. That 3rd will likely never make it.

I dont' care! Yakupov did not pan out already!! How hard is it to understand? The reason why his value is plummeting is because every other team in the league feels he couldn't out produce what he already done on their line up and most definitely because they prefer playing their own prospects or 3rd liners, it's just that simple.

So no thank you for me, unless we're doing a prospect not performing up to standards swap. Like Latendresse for Pouliot.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I dont' care! Yakupov did not pan out already!! How hard is it to understand? The reason why his value is plummeting is because every other team in the league feels he couldn't out produce what he already done on their line up and most definitely because they prefer playing their own prospects or 3rd liners, it's just that simple.

So no thank you for me, unless we're doing a prospect not performing up to standards swap. Like Latendresse for Pouliot.

He's 22. Put up 33 in 48. On a **** team. Has chemistry with a rising star on our team. Playing a position that we need.

Look at 3rd rounders from 2010 to 2013. Ghost, Anderson, Duke and maybe Bjorkstrand are the only ones that panned out. That's 4 for 120. If that's not a gamble then I don't know what is. We got guys like Lernout and Bozon in the 3rd. Ill take Yak over those guys. Don't overestimate the value of a third rounder.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

He's 22 years old.

Look at what Naslund did before that age and the career he had.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=3912

Pittsburgh gave up on him at a young age and Vancouver was the big winner.

Tsundere

Oct 22, 2009
Montreal
I really do not understand these trades involving Subban... All the successful teams have an elite PMD; the teams that don't end up at the bottom of the league.

Oilers, Sabres, Columbus, Avalanche, Canucks, Devils biggest need is an ELITE PMD. Having one, would give them someone that is able to reliably distribute the puck from their end as well as chip-in on the offense production. You can have one of the best top 9 forward groups in the league, but if you don't have that amazing quarterback, you'll continue to suck (see oilers).

Toronto has Morgan Reilly that looks to now fill that role (management has done an amazing job the last few years and their team looks poised to becoming really good in the future). Some other teams have an amazing top2 duo that helps compensate for the fact they don't have that elite PMD.

I'm not saying an ELITE PMD is all you need to become a contender; but it, alongside a #1 goaltender, are 2 of the most important pieces to being competitive in this league. These elite PMD, like #1 centermen, are almost impossible to acquire outside from drafting them.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I really do not understand these trades involving Subban... All the successful teams have an elite PMD; the teams that don't end up at the bottom of the league.

Oilers, Sabres, Columbus, Avalanche, Canucks, Devils biggest need is an ELITE PMD. Having one, would give them someone that is able to reliably distribute the puck from their end as well as chip-in on the offense production. You can have one of the best top 9 forward groups in the league, but if you don't have that amazing quarterback, you'll continue to suck (see oilers).

Toronto has Morgan Reilly that looks to now fill that role (management has done an amazing job the last few years and their team looks poised to becoming really good in the future). Some other teams have an amazing top2 duo that helps compensate for the fact they don't have that elite PMD.

I'm not saying an ELITE PMD is all you need to become a contender; but it, alongside a #1 goaltender, are 2 of the most important pieces to being competitive in this league. These elite PMD, like #1 centermen, are almost impossible to acquire outside from drafting them.

Ristolainen, Jones and Severson/Larsson respectively.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Would you rather...

A-trade a 3rd for Yakupov

B-wait and see if you can get a Stepniak Hudler Vrbata or Perron in mid July for 1 year at 1.5-3 mil.

Option A.
If I'm taking another rehab project, I'll take the younger one. Plus, look what happened with Petry once he was out of Edmonton.
I don't think the players are the issue there. I think it's in the system or the city.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

I don't see the Habs trading Subban barring a huge overpayment.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
No they played on a line together.

For one year, both were stars in the league. Doesn't prove chemistry.

I might use Galchenyuk to find out info on Yakupov but I don't buy the chemistry thing...stick two elite 18 year olds together and they'll tear it up. That means nothing when you start facing NHL d-men every night.

Not saying I wouldn't trade for him...just not a factor for me(chemistry).

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS

You realize he's still pretty young and has over 100 points in this league playing mostly with grinders? It's not like he's rotting in the AHL.

Tsundere

Oct 22, 2009
Montreal
Ristolainen, Jones and Severson/Larsson respectively.

They are not ELITE PMD, they are really good top2 Defensemen... But you won't find their names in conversations (still too early to tell for Jones and Ristolainen) that include the likes of: Subban, Karlsson, Doughty, Keith, Weber, Suter, Letang, Burns, Hedman, Ekblad, etc.

I mentioned that in some cases, teams have a strong top 2 duo to compensate for the fact that they don't have that elite PMD, one example would be the Blues with Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Yak for a 3rd is a complete no brainer.

Absolutely. If that is the cost it should be done already. No brainer indeed. Worst case scenerio he doesn't work out here and we only lose a 3rd round pick, which likely would have never been an NHLer anyways. Best case we have added a fantastic young player into the organization with potential to be a legit top 6 winger as soon as this year.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Absolutely. If that is the cost it should be done already. No brainer indeed. Worst case scenerio he doesn't work out here and we only lose a 3rd round pick, which likely would have never been an NHLer anyways. Best case we have added a fantastic young player into the organization with potential to be a legit top 6 winger as soon as this year.

If we strike out on all our UFA targets go for it, otherwise, don't waste the cap on him before July 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad