Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I see this thread is a hot bed of activity. Over 200 views and this is the 1st post. Sweet!

Makaveli XI

Aug 23, 2015
Emelin and the 39th for Yakupov?

I have read on this forum that Desharnais has negative value, which I disagree with. Is anyone else with me? I can see him going to a team like Carolina or New Jersey for a draft pick or prospect.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

I have read on this forum that Desharnais has negative value, which I disagree with. Is anyone else with me? I can see him going to a team like Carolina or New Jersey for a draft pick or prospect.

NO.

He does have negative value, no one wants him!

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
NO.

He does have negative value, no one wants him!

I want him gone more than anyone, but I wouldn't say he has negative value. He won't get much.. probably late pick or a mediocre prospect, but he doesn't have negative value given he only has one year left on his contract and he'll probably actually try harder this year since if he's garbage like last year he'll be playing in Europe the year after.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

Good luck with that.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
I want him gone more than anyone, but I wouldn't say he has negative value. He won't get much.. probably late pick or a mediocre prospect, but he doesn't have negative value given he only has one year left on his contract and he'll probably actually try harder this year since if he's garbage like last year he'll be playing in Europe the year after.

He def has negative value, we will have to retain salary (given the decent amount of trades in past couple of years that involved retaining salary), unless we pick up another bad contract in exchange.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
He def has negative value, we will have to retain salary (given the decent amount of trades in past couple of years that involved retaining salary), unless we pick up another bad contract in exchange.

Coach Therrien has him in the positive value column, sorry chaps. :laugh:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
They don't need Eller, and as a 2RW, we can get, and need, better than Yak.
Post was just illustrating value.

One reason I prefer doing value of arguments using just pure picks is you can never get confused by if whoever is offered is done figuratively.

Edit: Plus the value of Eller is very arguable.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013

Nope, you're alone on that one. He definitely has negative value.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Nope, you're alone on that one. He definitely has negative value.

Not so sure about that. He surely has no value but negative not so sure. Negative to teams wanting to win yeah but to the teams rebuilding his value might not be negative. It's the last year of his contract and he is a guy who don't really make any wave in a locker room. A team needing a contract to reach the cap floor next season after the UFA market might be interested to acquire him for a late rounds 2017 draft pick.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Plex and 9OA for Duchene.

Emelin, prospect (not names McCarron, Scherback, Juulson) for Nichushkin

Trade DD for anything

Sign Yandle for $5,500,000

Sign McGinn $3,500,000

Patches Duchene Gally
McGinn Chucky Nichushkin
Lehkonen Eller Ghetto/McCarron
Byron Danault Mitchell
Carr Flynn

Markov PK
Yandle Petry
Beau Pateryn
Barberio

Cap hit, $68,700,000. Lots of room to spare. Ideally, take Nichushkins cap and the space we have to sign Eriksson.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Subban for Trouba and 2OA

Fair for both teams?

Interesting for us?

I wouldn't do it. Trouba has been a disappointment since his rookie year, and the 2nd pick, while valuable, isn't near enough for PK.

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
Trading Subban is the last thing Bergevin should do.

I say first trade Desharnais and Eller to clear up $7M cap space. Then try to sign a couple guys like Ladd or someone in FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad