Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Only proposal I might think about for Subban is 3rd ova, Jones, jenner.

One thing people have to realize now that the expansion has been confirmed is that quality for quantity type of deals will force us to expose very good players at the expansion draft.

That's one other thing to keep in mind. Especially in those dumb "RNH, Klefbom, Yakupov" kind of proposals.

Same thing for Yakupov. For one, I don't see why Edmonton would consider moving him for a friggin' 3rd rounder. Then, assuming we get him for a 2nd rounder, we already have a glut of smallish offensive wingers. Acquiring Yakupov for a pick would force us to expose someone like Andrighetto, or Hudon, or Carr...

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
If he mostly plays with Grinders, that makes him a grinder.

Because he isn't worth it. I'd trade one of our failed or close to fail projects for him, but that's it. DLR or Ghetto sound fair to me, if they absolutely want a pick they can have a 5th.

Andrighetto is worth more than a 3rd right now... and DLR might be too (though I'm not a fan of his). So...

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Yakupov has had an average of 36 points per 82 games so far in his career, even if he put up those type of numbers at best he'd still be worth a 3rd round pick considering he hasn't even turned 23 yet.

The only issue I have is we already have guys like Ghetto, Hudon and now Reway coming to North America who are all smaller skilled wingers and make a lot less than Yakupov and we NEED at least one proven top 6 offensive winger with the cap space we currently have.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

Because he isn't worth it. I'd trade one of our failed or close to fail projects for him, but that's it. DLR or Ghetto sound fair to me, if they absolutely want a pick they can have a 5th.

Andrighetto was a 3rd rounder himself, and did nothing but improve his stock since.

You make absolutely no sense.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
For one year, both were stars in the league. Doesn't prove chemistry.

I might use Galchenyuk to find out info on Yakupov but I don't buy the chemistry thing...stick two elite 18 year olds together and they'll tear it up. That means nothing when you start facing NHL d-men every night.

Not saying I wouldn't trade for him...just not a factor for me(chemistry).

Yak and Gally27 on the same line be like Domi and Duclair...(imho)

Arizona didn't draft Duclair,but seeing him play as jrs with Domi at a tourney,they went got him and it payed out big...

Yak with Gally27 ,(imho ) same would happen

Last edited:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I disagree, he's one cut away from the waiver wire don't forget it and has never really proven anything. Same with DLR.

He was a 3rd round pick 3 years ago, and if the season started today he'd be in our top six. Obviously he shouldn't be in the top six in the NHL right now, but he didn't look too out of place playing with Galchenyuk and Pacioretty.

I wouldn't mind using Andrighetto in a trade to improve the team, so he isn't untouchable, but he's a good young player with some upside.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013

It's pretty clear you have no clue about valuating players.

Yakupov for a 3rd is great.

Ghetto for a 3rd is really bad.

Everybody knows that...

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
It's pretty clear you have no clue about valuating players.

Yakupov for a 3rd is great.

Ghetto for a 3rd is really bad.

Everybody knows that...

I have no problem with offering a bad deal for Yakupov, everybody knows that.

I am not interested in icing another failed project from another team when we have our own to take care of.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Maybe not but he could become one and that's worth a 3rd rounder for me. I reckon less than 10 percent of 3rd rounders even play 100 games in the NHL.

He's been in the NHL for 4 seasons and given ample offensive opportunities. He's not going to turn into a scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad