Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Redundant in my opinion.

Lazar wants to play, can't be sent to the minors and needs to be protected at the expansion draft. We don't have minutes available for him, and there's higher priority targets to protect.

No interest from me.

I'd happily play him over Flynn and give him PK minutes. ANY opportunity to add a RS centre over 6' that has some semblance of top-6 upside would be a good move. I think Julien would be good for him.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I'd happily play him over Flynn and give him PK minutes. ANY opportunity to add a RS centre over 6' that has some semblance of top-6 upside would be a good move. I think Julien would be good for him.

Top 6 upside? Lazar?

The guy arguably doesn't even belong in the NHL at this point. He was rushed, and now the Sens are screwed since he has to go through waivers.

And apparently, Dorion is looking for a 1st round pick for him..? I personally wouldn't even give a 2nd rounder.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Whats your point here? Your post doesn't make much sense, he traded our most popular player last year. Trading a first round pick is peanuts in comparison really. Is he supposed to just trade 1st's for the sake of trading them?

Pk for Weber was a lateral safe move. He's never bit the bullet and traded high picks and prospects for a player. There's my point

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
So why not Sergachev for him? There's zero guarantee his junior game traslates to the NHL. Look at Beaulieu and tinordi
Ones a bust and the other has never come close to his junior form

That's a pretty wonky comparison.

None of them were top 9 picks, had the potential to be the best defenceman of their draft let alone dominated their leagues like Sergachev did at 17 and 18.

Not saying Serg is a lock to be a top dman but his chances are lot higher than anyone we've drafted since Subban.
Much higher than Beaulieu, who is still a 30pt n.4 with some defensive lapses.

Also Duchene might bolt in 2 years. I'm not entirely opposed to it but its not so clear cut.

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
Pk for Weber was a lateral safe move. He's never bit the bullet and traded high picks and prospects for a player. There's my point

But who gives a ****?? He hasn't had to overpay for anyone yet, and your complaining about it? Seriously? I give up...

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I don't think they'll be able to re-sign all of Drouin, Johnson and Palat.

The money they saved with the Bishop trade alone might be enough to resign all of them.

They have a lot of guys they can move somewhat easily to make room for them if it comes down to it.

They won't be getting rid of them.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yes we should and Philly would probably accept (at a certain price) with the plethora of young D they have. He's not untouchable.

But I've got a feeling MB is looking at Del Zotto.

Going by what Bergevin told Chris Nilan weeks ago, he's looking for a young puck moving defenseman. I admit I don't know much about Del Zotto but I have to say Gostisbehere fits that description much more.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Top 6 upside? Lazar?

The guy arguably doesn't even belong in the NHL at this point. He was rushed, and now the Sens are screwed since he has to go through waivers.

And apparently, Dorion is looking for a 1st round pick for him..? I personally wouldn't even give a 2nd rounder.

He had a lot of steam heading into this season. Hit by mono, injuries, and trouble fitting in in Ottawa. I'm not saying he's good right now by any means, but I'd confidently say he has the upside to be a top-6 player. I wouldn't move a first, but I'd probably move a second in such a *purportedly* weak draft.

I was impressed by him last season vs Habs. Gritty, great two-way play, good shooter, and works hard along the boards and in front of the net. His development has hit a big bump, but I'd take a risk on him.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
They will probably be looking for a taker for Palat or Johnson. Be it now or after playoffs.

Unless StevieY does the impossible and unloads the higher cap players listed above by that time.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
He had a lot of steam heading into this season. Hit by mono, injuries, and trouble fitting in in Ottawa. I'm not saying he's good right now by any means, but I'd confidently say he has the upside to be a top-6 player. I wouldn't move a first, but I'd probably move a second in such a *purportedly* weak draft.

I was impressed by him last season vs Habs. Gritty, great two-way play, good shooter, and works hard along the boards and in front of the net. His development has hit a big bump, but I'd take a risk on him.

Fair enough. I just think it's already getting too crowded down low. I wouldn't add assets that we could lose at the end of the year in the expansion draft for the sake of *possibly* marginally improving our 4th line, but acquiring Lazar wouldn't be completely devoid of interest. Just not a move I'd personally make.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
1jl63c.jpg

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'd be good with Duchene and Vanek up front.

Patches Duchene Gally
Vanek Chucky Rads
Lehkonen Danault Shaw
Byron McCarron Mitchell

Markov Weber
Emelin/Beau Petry
Beau/Nesterov Benn

Ideally try and upgrade in D but I think offence is the target here.

Trade bait is Plex, Beau, Emelin, DD, picks and prospects not names Sergachev and Juulsen.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Fair enough. I just think it's already getting too crowded down low. I wouldn't add assets that we could lose at the end of the year in the expansion draft for the sake of *possibly* marginally improving our 4th line, but acquiring Lazar wouldn't be completely devoid of interest. Just not a move I'd personally make.

It would be far from a sexy move or without risk. Hard to say if he'd be considerably better than Carr or Andrighetto this year apart from on the defensive side of things.

Looking at the lineup, the Habs have a pretty sweet top line and a lot of potential for secondary scoring.

Shaw, Gallagher, Plekanec, Lehkonen, Danault, and Byron are all capable hockey players. Three have been +20g scorers and Byron, Danault, and Lehkonen are showing a lot of promise. Are ANY of these players known for good playmaking ability? If all we have for secondary scoring is shoot first players and net-front guys, how is the team supposed to score goals?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I've been claiming Beaulieu is a top 4 going back to last year. I think he already has that in him. I don't see top pairing potential, but I see a Petry with more offense. We need to help him reach that level.

Part of Weber's "appeal" was that he was going to help our young guys develop with his intangibles or whatever it was. They even moved Beaulieu next to him in the locker room hoping it'd rub off of him.

Right now, Weber has issues getting the puck out of the zone and he definitely isn't the guy that'll skate the puck on zone entries. Beaulieu is the only one on our roster that can do that. Making the most out of our situation would be pairing the two together and hoping Weber mentors him in order to maximize his potential. Putting Emelin and Markov on the 1st pairing accomplishes nothing.

Also, Weber had his best moments as a Habs playing with Beaulieu, both at ES and on the PP. Food for thought.

It's astounding how nany people don't see this.
Our PP is twice as dynamic with Beaulieu/Weber than with any other pairing.
The numbers speak for themself.
That birthday video tho. :laugh:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They will probably be looking for a taker for Palat or Johnson. Be it now or after playoffs.

Unless StevieY does the impossible and unloads the higher cap players listed above by that time.

I'm all for Johnson to Montreal. He's a center that would improve our top-6. And the most important part is that he's a playoff performer.

He's on the smaller side. But if I'm gonna have a small sized center, I'd rather it be Johnson instead of DD and Plek.

Galchenyuk
Johnson
Danault
McCarron

^ this looks like a much better center line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia