Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season Editon

Would you take a gamble on Nail Yakupov for leauge minium contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I don't know what to think..........If we are going full rebuild and we are talking getting rid of Price for players and prospects why trade prospects and picks for O'Reilly?.............doesn't add up to me.

Elfward7

Jun 24, 2016
Lots of talk of O’Reilly for Pacc or 3rd OA.

Would people be ticked if it was something along the lines of:

3rd OA for O’Reilly

Followed up by:

Pacioretty to Arizona for 5th OA

Not saying those are the only pieces in either deal either, just part of them.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

3rd OA for O’Reilly

Followed up by:

Sabres will need to add to ROR to get the 3rd. He's not enough alone. Especially when Habs will help Sabres free up 7.5M off their cap for the next 5 years.

Reactions: blarneylad

WG

Sep 9, 2008

3rd OA for O’Reilly

Followed up by:

Not saying those are the only pieces in either deal either, just part of them.
ROR for 3 OV is really poor value for Montreal. Regardless of whether you could manage Max for 5 OV. If you can do the latter (not that Arizona would ever consider it, but anyway) then draft 3 and 5, get Zadina and JK. Done.

The Max deal doesn't excuse a massive overpay for ROR.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Apparently Detroit isn’t going to give a qualifying offer to Frk....

Id give him an offer if I’m MB, still young and worth a gamble.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
I understand the appeal of Yakupov and Frk, but when do we start giving chances to the players already on the team ? What about Hudon, Lekhonen and Scherbak ? We Already have young players that could amount to more, adding players from outside won't help them develop.

And then, fans will line up and yell that they never had a chance here.

Reactions: vokiel

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I understand the appeal of Yakupov and Frk, but when do we start giving chances to the players already on the team ? What about Hudon, Lekhonen and Scherbak ? We Already have young players that could amount to more, adding players from outside won't help them develop.

I agree, specially when the team is dancing between rebuilding and status quo.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

There should be no appeal whatsoever with Yak. Frk on a super cheap deal, maybe

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
2clp3z.jpg

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007

The same thought crossed my mind, but when i really thought about it- it wouldnt make much sense.

What is the point of just playing the same lineup. We already know hiw these players play in the current lineup. What will change that, is adding different players to play with our youngsters.

All our young players are wingers. How will they make use of that extra ice time if they dont have centers to play with?

Get a center or two and THEN give the young guys a chance.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
The same thought crossed my mind, but when i really thought about it- it wouldnt make much sense.

What is the point of just playing the same lineup. We already know hiw these players play in the current lineup. What will change that, is adding different players to play with our youngsters.

All our young players are wingers. How will they make use of that extra ice time if they dont have centers to play with?

Get a center or two and THEN give the young guys a chance.

A lot can change, it was Hudon first season in the league and he did well. Never really was a fan, but the kid showed some nice instincts here and there. Adding an other player will take ice time and chances away from him. Same thing with Sherbak. Those players can maybe do more given the ice time and more opportunities while bringing in one of Frk or Yakupov can't help them in any way.

If they get more ice time and don't produce or show they can't become better, then you can move on. Playing the same line up is giving them a platform to show what they can do.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
A lot can change, it was Hudon first season in the league and he did well. Never really was a fan, but the kid showed some nice instincts here and there. Adding an other player will take ice time and chances away from him. Same thing with Sherbak. Those players can maybe do more given the ice time and more opportunities while bringing in one of Frk or Yakupov can't help them in any way.

If they get more ice time and don't produce or show they can't become better, then you can move on. Playing the same line up is giving them a platform to show what they can do.

I dont think you understood the premise of my post. I dont want to bring in Yak or Frk or any other winger. I want to add centers, SO Hudon, Sherbak and co , can have a legitimate chance to shine.

Reactions: MadMslm

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I mean I don't understand why Buffalo does this. O'Reilly will put up the same numbers and is a center. A very good one as well.
Oreilly said he lost his passion for hockey in buffalo. On top of this they have eichel and middlstadt down the middle. Need to shed salary for a guy who’s going to become a 3c there. They also need an elite goal scorer to play with eichel

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I mean I don't understand why Buffalo does this. O'Reilly will put up the same numbers and is a center. A very good one as well.

They have a bunch of centers and need scoring wingers. Eichel, Reinhart, Middstadt etc.

Besides, ROR said he’s tired of the losing atmosphere in BUF. Writing’s on the wall.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Oreilly said he lost his passion for hockey in buffalo. On top of this they have eichel and middlstadt down the middle. Need to shed salary for a guy who’s going to become a 3c there. They also need an elite goal scorer to play with eichel
They should get a better player imo. Anyways, I'm definitely not complaining.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
it can't just be O'Reilly and lose Pacioretty. That's 60 goals lost, maybe 20 gained with OR...have to think this deal goes down before friday or else habs take the finn - otherwise it's Tkachuk

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
I agree, specially when the team is dancing between rebuilding and status quo.
Bergevin is like a squirrel crossing the street while you driving towards the squirrel, the squirrel doesn't know what to do, it goes one way, then the other way then back the other way cause it's all
Confused, squish

Is this a rebuild or not ?

Reactions: vokiel

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Trade pac for ror

Sign jvr

Jvr-ror-Gallagher
Drouin-domi-zAdina

Second line is 2 playmakers with 1 scorer

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
If we trade the 3rd overall for Ryan O'Rielly... that's just sad.

I'd be down for Pacioretty for O'Reilly, but that would mean we actually won a trade for once. Can't see it. Gotta Bergevin it up a little bit to make it more believable. How about:

Pacioretty + Juulsen + Our 2nd round pick

For

O'Reilly

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad