Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So Chicago and Arizona are working on a deal where the Coyotes take Hossa and his contract in return for a prospect. Speculation is, Chicago might be interested in Pacioretty thus making room. Interesting

But why do they have to make room? Is it $ room? Cause as far as I know, Hossa can be placed on LTIR and it don't count on the cap. I'm assuming there in insurance on his contract so do the Blackhawks actually pay him?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
But why do they have to make room? Is it $ room? Cause as far as I know, Hossa can be placed on LTIR and it don't count on the cap. I'm assuming there in insurance on his contract so do the Blackhawks actually pay him?

My understanding is that the player goes on LTIR after the start of the season. So you have to be under the cap before day one. Then after that you can go above the cap with the LTIR relief

Reactions: HomeAndHome

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
My understanding is that the player goes on LTIR after the start of the season. So you have to be under the cap before day one. Then after that you can go above the cap with the LTIR relief

Interesting.. I knew they allowed you to go over by a few % but did not know you have to be under before the season starts. They have 20 players signed with $3.9M in cap space at the moment. So I guess if they do make moves, they need to figure out the salary going back and forth.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Possible bigger deal than previously expected between Hawks and Yotes

[tweet]

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I could be wrong but I don't see too many people advocating to go for a re-build BUT keep Weber.

Trade Price and Patches, sure. But if you keep Weber, we'll still suck and we have a good role model for the kids and then we don't have to fill that huge hole that he leaves. His spot is WAY harder to fill than Price and Patches in my opinion. It's great to fill the cupboards with prospects but even real high end ones aren't sure things. We can still get plenty of nice things from trading Patches and Price, while stinking for another year or two.

I think it's a great compromise.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor

I don't 100% trust this guy.

Yeah I think he's just making it up because the Hawks have room to make moves and it's a position they might need. All of these "insiders" do this. They have nothing to lose if they're wrong because we can't prove that they aren't actually interested and if they're right about a rumour they can claim all the credit.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I doubt Blackhawks would do this, but I would look to bring in Kruger as a cap dump and Nick Schmaltz attached to the deal.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
i just cant see Hawks givin up their 1st, knowing it could be a top 10 again.

It could be a Top-10 protected pick. So they have the choice on surrendering it if they do pick in the Top-10. In that case, it becomes a 2020 1st regardless where they end up selecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad