Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
To Florida for a 1st with some protections, Gildon and McGinn.

To Chicago for a 1st with some protections, Beaudin/Wise and Hossa.

To Buffalo for either of St. Louis or San Jose's 1st and Moulson and a prospect.

That's not exactly unrealistic and is well in line with other recent dead cap valuations. I think they could get more, but there are options without having to carry Lucic's truly terrible contract.
Bearing in mind that at this point unless something miraculous happens, we are looking at one year of Max so I'd say Buffalo is out.

Florida may be doable, but I'm not sure Chicago is in a position to go all in. They may be a year or two away from drafting top five.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Bearing in mind that at this point unless something miraculous happens, we are looking at one year of Max so I'd say Buffalo is out.

Florida may be doable, but I'm not sure Chicago is in a position to go all in. They may be a year or two away from drafting top five.

panthers shouldn't have any need for Pac now unless they trade a LW. NYI, Dallas, are two teams I'd think would be interested in him. As long as we get a 1st back and a decent prospect I'll be happy. They have to trade a winger at some point though, we got many.

Reactions: jaffy27

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

It's been reported that Buffalo is looking for a veteran scoring winger. All the ones left have expiring contracts.

Chicago is still in the win-now mindset.

While we're at trying to tie proposals to reality, reports indicated that Montreal wasn't interested in Lucic and Edmonton wasn't looking to make any big moves.

The point is that there are definitely options available to Montreal that are better than taking on one of the worst contracts in the league.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Bergevin should trade for Johan Franzen on LTIR if cheap skate owner Molson will pay his contract the next 2 years get back a 2019 2nd and 2020 3rd a second pick will be in the early thirties Detroit will not be to good send them McCarron he's from Michigan or even a lesser prospect.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Petry and Pacioretty to Tampa Bay.
Coburn/ Callahan, Foote, Volkov, Raddysh and, 1st and little add.
If Tampa has a serious wing injury before deadline than max would be in play. Otherwise can’t see it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
People should stop expecting a first rounder in any deal for max. That possibility ended at last year’s deadline.

You should stop! A 1st plus other pieces is the exact deal both Habs fans and our GM should be expecting. Lowering the value below a 1st now? Come on man. You can hate Bergevin all you want but we should be expecting a 1st+ for trading Patch.

Reactions: jaffy27

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
ok i'm bored, so say Danault is asking too much and NYI says they may move Nelson.

NYI

Pac
Danault
Schlemko

Habs

Nelson
1st 2019 (top 3 protected)
Dobson (wishful thinking I know, so Bellows more likely)
Ho-Sang (could see Lou wanting to move him)

Nelson can play center, he's got size, a 20 goal scorer and is a RFA that likely gets around 4M to 5M as he's had 162 pts over the last 4 years so he's more proven then Danault. NYI gets Danault who has chemistry with Pac.
Take Danault and Schlemko out because they are unwanted warm bodies.Isles need a top 4 D and #2C.

Press says the NYI backed out of a 11th OR 12th overall for MaxPac deal when Dobson and Wahlstrom were available at 11th and 12th overall.
Now you expect a much bigger package. Unrealistic.

And Trotz and Lou have praised JHS speed and skill, saying he has a clean slate with them. We will see what he does with it over the next season

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
People should stop expecting a first rounder in any deal for max. That possibility ended at last year’s deadline.

Looks like people best me to it, but you do realize there's a draft next year too....2019 1st +

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
So Chicago and Arizona are working on a deal where the Coyotes take Hossa and his contract in return for a prospect. Speculation is, Chicago might be interested in Pacioretty thus making room. Interesting

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
So Chicago and Arizona are working on a deal where the Coyotes take Hossa and his contract in return for a prospect. Speculation is, Chicago might be interested in Pacioretty thus making room. Interesting
Who's speculation? I would think it's more related to Faulk who they've been rumored to go for for a while now. Like somebody on the trade board said, why couldn't we just directly take Hossa off their hands to make the deal even more in our favor if we're giving them Pacioretty? It makes ZERO sense.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Bergevin's intricate plan to get DeBrincat is almost complete.

Reactions: Clearedwaivers

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Where is this speculation coming from ?

Speculation is coming from everywhere. The longer it takes to trade him, the more speculation.

As far as this rumor... it does make a bit of sense that the Blackhawks would be interested. I can see Patch playing with Toews very well. Patch playing with a work horse center is the best situation for him. I can see him doing very well with the Blackhawks.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Speculation is coming from everywhere. The longer it takes to trade him, the more speculation.

As far as this rumor... it does make a bit of sense that the Blackhawks would be interested. I can see Patch playing with Toews very well. Patch playing with a work horse center is the best situation for him. I can see him doing very well with the Blackhawks.

There is absolutely nothing linking Patch to the Blackhawks. As @Chris Cutter said, it's probably for Faulk

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bergevin's intricate plan to get DeBrincat is almost complete.

I would love to have their 2019 1st, 2020 2nd and prospect like Debrincat for a return for Patch. I'd even consider adding a piece or taking on a contract to make the deal work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad