Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread - Mk III - Iron Traders (Or Trader's Den)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I wish MaxPac would crash the net more, and use his big body more, I think most of us here would, but he's not that player. He'll lay the occasional hit, he had a few of them vs the Isles, but he's not that player.

He's a player that'll dominate possession, make his linemates better, shoots the puck at an insane rate, and scores goals. I think he'd be more effective with a right winger who'd go to the net. We all saw what happened when Briere went to the net vs the Bolts. In all honesty, if Galchenyuk were ready for center, Patches would have a lot more points right now playing with him and Gally.

What's funny is that when he's scoring 35 goals, 70 points, or leading our team in points, no one suggests we trade him. Especially when you realize you have a 70 point scorer for 4.5m throughout his prime. Quite frankly, he just hasn't had very good puck luck lately. Berkshire found that he's scoring on a mere 6% of his scoring chances, whereas over the past two seasons he'd score on approximately 17% of his scoring chances.

The goals will come folks, the goals will come.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Do we know that for sure? I'm sure a lot of teams perceive us as wanting to trade PK because there's always some controversy about him in the media.

Pacioretty is just one of those players you watch and want to smash your TV in despair. If he had the intensity of Chuckie and Gally, he would put up 100 pts every year. I just think what we've seen from him is pretty much his ceiling.

Pacioretty is not Gallagher, but to be fair, nobody else is. Gallagher's drive and intensity make him who he is.

That's like hoping Eller and/or Galchenyuk develop into a Mark Messier center, then being pissed they aren't.

Pacioretty is as intense/physical as Galchenyuk if not more. With Pacioretty slumping and everybody being high on Galchenyuk, everybody on here completely loses perspective.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
It helps when your team is filled with perimeter player? Having a PF also creates spaces for your linemates.

Then how come the difference between how maxpac's linemates produce when he's on and off the ice is greater than the same metric for Kane? Maxpac helps his teammates score more than Evander.

And that's taking into account Evander's level 3 power forward magic.

Maybe maxpac wears a ring of power or something. Would explain the healing....

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
the point is having kane on a line with players like galchenyuk and gallagher would make it less likely for players like lucic to bully them around, that in itself is a pretty big asset. it would allow our younger kids to play their game much more comfortably

and not to take anything away from pacioretty but kane has more explosiveness in his strides, that being said patches is no slouch either when it comes to skating

You honestly think Lucic gives one **** about Evander Kane? Ludicrous.

And their skating is irrelevent when at the end of the day, one produces more and helps his teammates produce more than the other. Maxpac could be as fast as douglas murray, but if he still produced that well, it wouldn't matter.

MTL - Columbus

Patch & Bourque for Dubinsky & Foligno

Please stop.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
You honestly think Lucic gives one **** about Evander Kane? Ludicrous.

And their skating is irrelevent when at the end of the day, one produces more and helps his teammates produce more than the other. Maxpac could be as fast as douglas murray, but if he still produced that well, it wouldn't matter.

Please stop.

LOl yea ur right lucic wouldnt give a **** but the same could be said about almost any other player he fights. kane is one of the best fighters when it comes to legit top 6 forwards. he'd definitively help protect gally/chuckie much more than someone like pacioretty would

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
5.5M for a 23 year old we'd eventually use on our top pair? skillwise i would take myers over josi but when considering their contracts i would take josi
josi and myers are pretty much the only 2 top 2'ish players we could trade for and get an additional piece back to replace patches with

kulikov is a top 4 but he might have top 2 potential, we wouldnt need to trade anyone from our forward core for him most likely

How do you know Myers would be on our 1st pair? Myers has been a mediocre top 4 guy the past 3 years, taking on a 6.5 years of a 5.5 mil cap hit for a guy playing likea #5 d-man is not my idea of a good plan.

Neither Myers or Josi is close to playing like a top 2 guy.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
How do you know Myers would be on our 1st pair? Myers has been a mediocre top 4 guy the past 3 years, taking on a 6.5 years of a 5.5 mil cap hit for a guy playing likea #5 d-man is not my idea of a good plan.

Neither Myers or Josi is close to playing like a top 2 guy.

theyre both high end top 4 guys that have alot of potential to be top 2 dmen, that statement really isnt a stretch tbh. if you wanted to go after a legit top 2 dmen then you'd have to give more than patches up (we wont have markov forever unfortunately :(). targetting players that have alot of potential like myers and josi is how you get more value for trades, id rather target those guys and get a piece back that would help fill pacioretty's void somewhat

but yea tbh id just rather keep patches and give up a player like beaulieu and a pick for kuli

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
dont forget, philly has been begging us to trade them beaulieu + 1st for simmonds for quite some time now. i would do beaulieu + a 2nd if we resign diaz
we need some toughness in our top 6 to compensate for our d-cores girly grit. and simmonds is actually a righty which is something that were gonna need once gionta's contract is up

pacioretty - plekanec - simmonds
galchenyuk - eller - gallagher
bourque - briere - bournival
prust - white - moen/parros

markov - subban
gorges - emelin
tinordi - diaz

easiest and cheapest way to balance out our top 6, poor man's e.kane :(

Last edited:

LeHaboholique

Respek is earn, not give to!
Jul 25, 2012
Same
so im hearing Rumors about a trade involving Pacioretty and Kane on Twitter, anybody know more then me?

Edit: Evander.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I wish MaxPac would crash the net more, and use his big body more, I think most of us here would, but he's not that player. He'll lay the occasional hit, he had a few of them vs the Isles, but he's not that player.

He's a player that'll dominate possession, make his linemates better, shoots the puck at an insane rate, and scores goals. I think he'd be more effective with a right winger who'd go to the net. We all saw what happened when Briere went to the net vs the Bolts. In all honesty, if Galchenyuk were ready for center, Patches would have a lot more points right now playing with him and Gally.

What's funny is that when he's scoring 35 goals, 70 points, or leading our team in points, no one suggests we trade him. Especially when you realize you have a 70 point scorer for 4.5m throughout his prime. Quite frankly, he just hasn't had very good puck luck lately. Berkshire found that he's scoring on a mere 6% of his scoring chances, whereas over the past two seasons he'd score on approximately 17% of his scoring chances.

The goals will come folks, the goals will come.

I had hope Pacioretty turn into a powerforward like John LeClair. But its clear now that he's a perimeter shooter. You see him take all angle shots and never crash the net much like TOMASH PLEKANEC. Luckily Patches doesn't have a NTC so we can package him for Nail Yakupov.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
so im hearing Rumors about a trade involving Pacioretty and Kane on Twitter, anybody know more then me?

Edit: Evander.

Pacioretty straight up for E.Kane has as much of a chance as Philly getting Price for Simmons. Winnipeg would not trade their franchise player for a two tier winger like we won't trade our franchise goalie for a bottom 6 winger.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
theyre both high end top 4 guys that have alot of potential to be top 2 dmen, that statement really isnt a stretch tbh. if you wanted to go after a legit top 2 dmen then you'd have to give more than patches up (we wont have markov forever unfortunately :(). targetting players that have alot of potential like myers and josi is how you get more value for trades, id rather target those guys and get a piece back that would help fill pacioretty's void somewhat

but yea tbh id just rather keep patches and give up a player like beaulieu and a pick for kuli

Again, with 5+ years left on his deal at 5.5 mil and playing mediocre hockey, I don't want Myers even if he was free. His downside is bigger than his upside.

Not sure why anybody would entertain trading our best forward on a great contract for a Gomez-like contract.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Pacioretty straight up for E.Kane has as much of a chance as Philly getting Price for Simmons. Winnipeg would not trade their franchise player for a two tier winger like we won't trade our franchise goalie for a bottom 6 winger.

Kane is not their franchise player.

If they were that happy with him they wouldn't be shopping him every year. I don't think they want to give him away, but Winnipeg would fly to Montreal this morning to pick up Pacioretty if they could get him for Kane. They would do it in a heartbeat.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Again, with 5+ years left on his deal at 5.5 mil and playing mediocre hockey, I don't want Myers even if he was free. His downside is bigger than his upside.

Not sure why anybody would entertain trading our best forward on a great contract for a Gomez-like contract.

you really cant compare the 2. myers isnt putting up offencive numbers like he was 2+ seasons ago but hes still solid defensively and hes still only 23. if he hits his ceiling hes gonna be disgustingly good, would be a steal

i wouldnt trade him straight up for patches but i would entertain a myers + high quality forward/prospect proposal
the easiest fix for us would be to just trade beaulieu+ for simmonds and resign diaz

Last edited:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
you really cant compare the 2. myers isnt putting up offencive numbers like he was 2+ seasons ago but hes still solid defensively and hes still only 23. if he hits his ceiling hes gonna be disgustingly good, would be a steal

i wouldnt trade him straight up for patches but i would entertain a myers + high quality forward/prospect proposal
the easiest fix for us would be to just trade beaulieu+ for simmonds and resign diaz

The problem is, you're talking IF.

A guy with 6 years left is wayy too big a risk for any IF.

Even if Myers improves there is no guarantee he is ever worth 5.5 mil/year(top pair money).

The guy has been trending the wrong direction since his rookie year, offensive numbers have dropped every year, playing time has steadily dropped +- has gotten worse every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad