Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread - Mk III - Iron Traders (Or Trader's Den)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
The problem is, you're talking IF.

A guy with 6 years left is wayy too big a risk for any IF.

Even if Myers improves there is no guarantee he is ever worth 5.5 mil/year(top pair money).

The guy has been trending the wrong direction since his rookie year, offensive numbers have dropped every year, playing time has steadily dropped +- has gotten worse every year.

BUT HIS CORSI HAS BEEN SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVING!
0815.corsiright.jpg

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I can't wait to see Pacioretty play in the Olympics for Team USA, it will be a real eye-opener for our fans just how really great a player we have.:handclap:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I can't wait to see Pacioretty play in the Olympics for Team USA, it will be a real eye-opener for our fans just how really great a player we have.:handclap:

i dont think he'll get picked tbh =/. theyre probably gonna go with jvr instead of him because he plays w/ kessel

Ryan-Stastny-Kane
van Riemsdyk-Pavelski-Kessel
Parise-Kesler-Oshie/Okposo
Brown-Backes-Callahan

cant see him taking any of those LW spots, even stepan is probably ahead of him

Last edited:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
i dont think he'll get picked tbh =/. theyre probably gonna go with jvr instead of him because he plays w/ kessel

Ryan-Stastny-Kane
Brown-Backes-Callahan

I won't bet against Pacioretty getting a place on the team, if I was a betting man.:nod:

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
as long as it brings results, and in his case it's points since he's a top6 player... and it doesnt translate into more points for Kane or his linemates...

Doesnt matter wich 10 goal scorer has a better shot, at the end of the day, it's still 10 goals... you know... :naughty:
So that's all that matters now? We should just look at the players around the league and sort by points, and that'll give us an accurate ranking of NHLers?
*buzzer sound*

Nope. Wrong.
Kane is definitely a better player man. I can't believe this isn't collectively agreed upon.
What I'd like is for us to get Kane AND keep Patches. But you know what, this rumor is bogus as hell, Kane's not even available I bet.
That would be ideal, for sure.
Kane is more physical, gritty etc. than Maxpac, but if that grittiness doesn't produce more goals, and thus more wins, what's the point?
Get them on the same team and then you can actually judge these things, before that all you're doing is assuming. What we do know is that physicality and grittiness is a major component in hockey. This is not debatable, no matter how tragically the fancy stats disregard it.

Let's see Kane with Markov and PK passing him the puck!
Then how come the difference between how maxpac's linemates produce when he's on and off the ice is greater than the same metric for Kane? Maxpac helps his teammates score more than Evander.

And that's taking into account Evander's level 3 power forward magic.

Maybe maxpac wears a ring of power or something. Would explain the healing....
Oh stop it.

In your opinion, which areas are Pacioretty better than Kane in? Please don't bring in those corsi numbers either. You can believe in them all you want but most don't, so please don't arm your arguments with them.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Ryan-Stastny-Kane
Brown-Backes-Callahan

Wow US is weak at center.

Stastny wouldn't even be a top 10 center if he had decided to play for Canada(born in Quebec).

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004

Pacioretty is the kind of player that will be as great as his linemates are around him. He's not the kind of guy who can create offense for himself or others, although he is getting better at it. So at the Olympics with a center like Stastny, yes he will dominate. Stastny is a beast and dominates down low, knows how to find the open guy. Pacioretty is a finisher, if you put the puck on his stick, he will score. That's why I've always wanted Stastny here!! They play so well together!

I'd bet on him making that USA team.

Wow US is weak at center.

Stastny wouldn't even be a top 10 center if he had decided to play for Canada(born in Quebec).

Canada is racked at centers but that's a little harsh still. I think he cracks the top 10, yet I also think he's one of the most underrated players in the league

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
yea US really doesnt have any highly offensive oriented centers, theyre all sick 2 way players tho lol
team of super grinders

Last edited:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Pacioretty is the kind of player that will be as great as his linemates are around him. He's not the kind of guy who can create offense for himself or others, although he is getting better at it. So at the Olympics with a center like Stastny, yes he will dominate. Stastny is a beast and dominates down low, knows how to find the open guy. Pacioretty is a finisher, if you put the puck on his stick, he will score. That's why I've always wanted Stastny here!! They play so well together!

Canada is racked at centers but that's a little harsh still. I think he cracks the top 10, yet I also think he's one of the most underrated players in the league

duchene, crosby, stamkos, tavares, toews, getzslaf, bergeron, e.staal, couture, rnh, thornton, seguin, mike richards, eberle etc etc etc. thats alot of centers :D

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

I have only seen him once this year, maybe he is a transformed player, but the last 3 years he hasn't been at a level where you can said he'd be in the top 10 for Canadian centers. Maybe this year only...

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
duchene, crosby, stamkos, tavares, toews, getzslaf, bergeron, e.staal, couture, rnh, thornton, seguin, mike richards, eberle etc etc etc. thats alot of centers :D

Haha, you're right, that is alot of centers! Eberle is a winger though, and Stastny is better than Staal, Couture, RNH and Richards at this point, and I'd say really close to Bergeron although I give Bergy the edge.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
I have only seen him once this year, maybe he is a transformed player, but the last 3 years he hasn't been at a level where you can said he'd be in the top 10 for Canadian centers. Maybe this year only...

Well, Colorado itself is a transformed team as they had completely inept coaching for the last while. Stastny though, I'd say has been really good for the past few years, he's just in a much better situation now and getting more exposure as well. Every year he'd go to the WCs and dominate so it's not like he didn't show how good he could be with the right mix.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Haha, you're right, that is alot of centers! Eberle is a winger though, and Stastny is better than Staal, Couture, RNH and Richards at this point, and I'd say really close to Bergeron although I give Bergy the edge.

i would take couture and staal over him

WestIslander

Feb 5, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
Del Zotto benched in NY, I think he would look great on our second PP unit.

To New York:

Nathan Beaulieu + 2nd round draft pick in 2014

To Montreal:

Michael Del Zotto

Markov - Emelin
Subban - Gorges
Tinordi - Del Zotto

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Del Zotto benched in NY, I think he would look great on our second PP unit.

To New York:

Nathan Beaulieu + 2nd round draft pick in 2014

To Montreal:

Michael Del Zotto

Markov - Emelin
Subban - Gorges
Tinordi - Del Zotto

I wouldn't trade Beaulieu straight up for Del Zotto let alone add a 2nd, especially to park him on the 3rd pair and 2nd PP, makes no sense.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Kane is not their franchise player.

If they were that happy with him they wouldn't be shopping him every year. I don't think they want to give him away, but Winnipeg would fly to Montreal this morning to pick up Pacioretty if they could get him for Kane. They would do it in a heartbeat.

Has Winnipeg ever shopped Kane, because I can't remember them ever doing so. Speculation was Kane didn't want to live in Winnipeg but there was never anything about the Jet's having any interest in trading him.

Kane is a better player then Pacioretty, Winnipeg would really have to sour on Kane before they would even think of trading him for Pacioretty.

AJMHABS

Chucky #27
Jan 30, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Has Winnipeg ever shopped Kane, because I can't remember them ever doing so. Speculation was Kane didn't want to live in Winnipeg but there was never anything about the Jet's having any interest in trading him.

Kane is a better player then Pacioretty, Winnipeg would really have to sour on Kane before they would even think of trading him for Pacioretty.

Not shopped, but I'm sure they had calls and offers for him from other teams.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I wouldn't trade Beaulieu straight up for Del Zotto let alone add a 2nd, especially to park him on the 3rd pair and 2nd PP, makes no sense.

I agree Del Zotto reminds me of Marc Andre Bergeron. Good powerplay guy horrible on defense.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
So that's all that matters now? We should just look at the players around the league and sort by points, and that'll give us an accurate ranking of NHLers?

Kane is definitely a better player man. I can't believe this isn't collectively agreed upon..

well, they're both playing on top lines because of their OFFENSE, if you don't sort em out by points, you sort em out by... ?

better at what ?
scoring ? meh, it's pretty much a wash, only advantage Kane has is age as he MAY develop some more
passing ? meh, neither are great passers
deking ? meh, same, neither are great... again.
defense side of the game ? both are average
faceoffs ? well, both are wingers so...
speed ? -> Patches
hitting ? -> Kane
fighting ? Patches doesnt fight, but lets not act like Kane is the next Lucic, most fights he got in a season is TWO.

so, better at what exactly ? :naughty:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

That is such a silly and dishonest analysis that it's almost funny. First off he conveniently cuts off Patches first years in the NHL which were anything but sparkling. I wonder why? The writer's excuse for doing that? Well Kane wasn't around yet this brilliant analyst has no qualms about comparing Kane's first years in the NHL against Patches' later years. Kane & Patches may have similar records but Kane accomplished that in his first years in the NHL. Patches in his first years was a skating zombie and had to be sent back down to the A or did we all forget that? Or allow me to put it another way. Kane started producing at 18 in the NHL. Patches started producing at 21-22. But this writer tries to brush that under the carpet. Completely dishonest on his part.

Second, he's comparing such a small sample size - two years - that it almost means nothing especially when you consider that during Patches' two productive years he played with Cole & Ryder on the right wing.Many on this board would claim he made them better players. You can make that claim only if you ignore their previous records. I offer up that they helped Patches. The proof is in Patches' years before they were here and this year that he's playing without them. He looks like a lost puppy out there.

I would make the Kane - Patches trade with one hesitation. I would check out the rumours about Kane's attitude and behaviour. That's one area where Patches may be head & shoulders over Kane. If I would find out there is no truth to the rumours, I would make that trade and realize I just fleeced Winnipeg.

Kane is a vastly superior player to Patches. I can not believe homerism would affect the evaluation of players to this extent.

Last edited:

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
That is such a silly and dishonest analysis that it's almost funny. First off he cuts off Patches first years in the NHL which were anything but sparkling. The writer's excuse for doing that? Well Kane wasn't around yet this brilliant analyst has no qualms about comparing Kane's first years in the NHL against Patches' later years. Kane & Patches may have similar records but Kane accomplished that in his first years in the NHL. Patches in his first years was a skating zombie and had to be sent back down to the A or did we all forget that.

Second, he's comparing such a small sample size - two years - that it almost means nothing especially when you consider that during Patches' two productive years he played with Cole & Ryder on the right wing.Many on this board would claim he made them better players. You can make that claim only if you ignore their previous records. I offer up that they helped Patches. The proof is in Patches' years before they were here and this year that he's playing without them. He looks like a lost puppy out there.

I would make the Kane - Patches trade with one hesitation. I would check out the rumours about Kane's attitude and behaviour. That's one area where Patches may be head & shoulders over Kane. If I would find out there is no truth to the rumours, I would make that trade and realize I just fleeced Winnipeg.

Kane is a vastly superior player to Patches. I can not believe homerism would affect the evaluation of players.

One for one, it's a gamble and I would have a hard time pulling the trigger but at the end I probebly do it.
The only nocke on Patch is that he gets hurt a lot resulting in him not going to the dirty areas to score as much. He has also been flooting a lot so far, injured or not.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
That is such a silly and dishonest analysis that it's almost funny. First off he cuts off Patches first years in the NHL which were anything but sparkling. The writer's excuse for doing that? Well Kane wasn't around yet this brilliant analyst has no qualms about comparing Kane's first years in the NHL against Patches' later years. Kane & Patches may have similar records but Kane accomplished that in his first years in the NHL. Patches in his first years was a skating zombie and had to be sent back down to the A or did we all forget that.

Kane is a vastly superior player to Patches. I can not believe homerism would affect the evaluation of players to this extent.

he's VATLY superior but you'd hesitate ? seriously ? come on man... reality is, the only reason you (and others) prefer Kane is the hitting and POTENTIAL. (Dallas didnt hesitate one bit and I'd guess they're pretty happy with Seguin!)

but right now, no one can really say Kane is better. Will he be next year or something ? maybe, maybe not, lets wait and see... and huh, lets not use Patches slump as an excuse to say "well see, only 2 goals" or something, slumps happen to everyone (yeah even Kane)

anyway, I dont get the Patches for Kane rumors, it's Pejorative Slured (at best), we'll trade one 35 goal scorer for another and then whine we only have one guy capable of 35+ goals... :nod:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
he's VATLY superior but you'd hesitate ? seriously ? come on man... reality is, the only reason you (and others) prefer Kane is the hitting and POTENTIAL. (Dallas didnt hesitate one bit and I'd guess they're pretty happy with Seguin!)

but right now, no one can really say Kane is better. Will he be next year or something ? maybe, maybe not, lets wait and see... and huh, lets not use Patches slump as an excuse to say "well see, only 2 goals" or something, slumps happen to everyone (yeah even Kane)

anyway, I dont get the Patches for Kane rumors, it's Pejorative Slured (at best), we'll trade one 35 goal scorer for another and then whine we only have one guy capable of 35+ goals... :nod:

Nothing wrong with trading on potential. It's a good factor to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad