Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - Mk 2.0 - Steals and Ripoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I still think that an offensively challenged team like Nashville would accept Desharnais as long as we didn't expect much in return...get on it, Bergevin! :laugh:

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
We can only hope deharnais puts up points in consecutive games, and then maybe well be able to move him.

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
I still think that an offensively challenged team like Nashville would accept Desharnais as long as we didn't expect much in return...get on it, Bergevin! :laugh:

I still think it's too early to trade Desharnais on the cheap. Season is still early and he showed good things against Edmonton once paired with Bourque and Gionta. I'm not a fan of Desharnais but he can still bounce back.

David_99

Jan 16, 2005
Moncton, NB
Yeah the fans need to cheer him up, otherwise he'll never perform well enough to be traded... :laugh:

seendesharnais.jpg

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Florida panthers are off to a bad start and have some disappointment on the back end. They also have a free agent crisis coming up , maybe a player like DD with a multi year contract might be of interest . Ryan Whitney? Very optimistic on my part but you have to start looking for dance partners for these scrub for scrub deals.

DD needs to start generating points though. It hurts me to see him kill every play.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
There will be a lot of disagreement here, but for general discussion, watching the game the other night, what could we get from Vancouver for Gallagher. They need scoring help, He'd be a fan favorite and even more so than in montreal. Would they over pay?

BGally for

??

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
There will be a lot of disagreement here, but for general discussion, watching the game the other night, what could we get from Vancouver for Gallagher. They need scoring help, He'd be a fan favorite and even more so than in montreal. Would they over pay?

BGally for

??

Gally isn't likely to move unless we get a great piece coming back, most likely an upgrade to our D young top pairing D or young top line power forward, anything less and we'd just keep Gally

Quagmier

Feb 6, 2003
pics.rapecity.net

BGally for

??

The problem is all their young forwards are inexperienced and all their Dmen are overpaid. Tanev is an awesome player and i would love him on the Habs but not at the cost of Gallagher. Edler would be a nice addition too, but at 5m he is certainly not cheap.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Florida panthers are off to a bad start and have some disappointment on the back end. They also have a free agent crisis coming up , maybe a player like DD with a multi year contract might be of interest . Ryan Whitney? Very optimistic on my part but you have to start looking for dance partners for these scrub for scrub deals.

DD needs to start generating points though. It hurts me to see him kill every play.

Seems FLA teams like Franco and Northeast players to market to Snowbirds.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

BGally for

??

Brendan Gallagher + ? for Nail Yakupov + ?

Acceptable depending on the adjustments. :nod:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Trade targets. Our needs are defenceman and big wingers to fill gaps now and in the future. Buying local goods is great for the environment and promotes growth in local markets so....

Tier 1
Simon Despres, PIT
Alex Chiasson, DAL

Tier 2
Marco Scandella, MIN
Jordan Caron, BOS

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
XXXX-Desharnais-Briere
Moen-Bournival-Prust

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillon-XXXX
(Murray)

And yes, these positions are subject to change as we will likely be rotating Tinordi/Bournival with any young player we acquire based on production and ability.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'll offer David Moss from Phoenix. I'll throw in Schlemko and/or a pick if you'll eat some salary.

Phoenix badly needs a finisher for Ribeiro.

Not much interest in Schlemko, he's no better than Bouillon or Beaulieu/Tinordi IMO.

Moss + 2nd for Gionta with %50 retained might be a possibility, that's a lot of salary (2.5mil+2.1mil) to manage for a pretty significant offensive downgrade.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Not much interest in Schlemko, he's no better than Bouillon or Beaulieu/Tinordi IMO.

Moss + 2nd for Gionta with %50 retained might be a possibility, that's a lot of salary (2.5mil+2.1mil) to manage for a pretty significant offensive downgrade.

Yeah, but you're still saving 400kay. You're losing some offense, sure, but Moss can PK and provides some size, and effective play along the boards and in front of the net. No frills player, really, but solid all the way around. It's just on our budget team, coached by Dave Tippett, we've got several guys around like Moss. It's the Dave Tippett prototype. He collects these guys like they don't make them anymore. Haha.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I'd like Danault if Chicago was willing to deal him for Gionta at the trade deadline or Leblanc. I like his chemistry with Hudon even though I wonder if Hudon can stay healthy as a pro.

Quagmier

Feb 6, 2003
pics.rapecity.net
Trade targets. Our needs are defenceman and big wingers to fill gaps now and in the future. Buying local goods is great for the environment and promotes growth in local markets so....

Tier 1
Simon Despres, PIT
Alex Chiasson, DAL

Tier 2
Marco Scandella, MIN
Jordan Caron, BOS

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
XXXX-Desharnais-Briere
Moen-Bournival-Prust

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillon-XXXX
(Murray)

And yes, these positions are subject to change as we will likely be rotating Tinordi/Bournival with any young player we acquire based on production and ability.

Chiasson has been a PPG player for the Stars 12 games into his career so far...seems pretty unlikely they are unhappy with him. I think Despres would be a good target, but would probably cost more than most fans would expect. Scandella hasn't really shown that much so far and Caron is playing for a division rival so good luck.

You are right that any trades made should be for the future as much as the present. I would not be surprised if Bergevin was a mini-seller at the deadline even if the Habs are in the thick of things given how many veterans with expiring contracts we have and how many young guys should be ready to contribute as early as next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->