Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: May last to TDL? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

Hey look the Rangers are following a plan. Meanwhile here we sell Thompson

It’s fairly obvious by now that Bergevin has never had a plan. Remember that 5 year plan bullshit? Well here we are in year 8 and the guy is still completely and utterly incompetent. I blame Molson the most though. He’s apparently fine with status quo and mediocrity.

JennyHockey

Feb 17, 2020
Well Scandella is gone so it’s not the same team anymore.

What I’m on board with is firing Bergevin, if nobody else gets traded, which I doubt, he should be fired Monday night.
For sure , id fire Bergevin over trading players if it was the case , but we know it will never happen
Also the Scandella trade was clearly to patch something and just sell at the TDL , the team was not gonna make playoffs after that first 8L in a row

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

Well, Rangers can sign any UFA they want which is not the case for Mtl. MB is awful, but don't compare the Rangers situation with ours. They are performing this year because they sign the best UFA in years.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
For sure , id fire Bergevin over trading players if it was the case , but we it will never happen
Also the Scandella trade was clearly to patch something and just sell at the TDL , the team was not gonna make playoffs after that first 8L in a row
Imagine that, two 8 game losing streaks while accumulating very little points and a 5 game losing streak and we just 6pts behind the Laffs lol

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Well, Rangers can sign any UFA they want which is not the case for Mtl. MB is awful, but don't compare the Rangers situation with ours. They are performing this year because they sign the best UFA in years.
The playing field is not the same....same with the Florida teams and no state tax teams.

JennyHockey

Feb 17, 2020
Imagine that, two 8 game losing streaks while accumulating very little points and a 5 game losing streak and we just 6pts behind the Laffs lol
True but at the same time i still think those playoffs format are god awful. I wish we could go back at 1-8. Leafs would be 9th right now.

Reactions: jaffy27

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

What plan?
What they are doing with Kreider isnt any different than what we could do with Tatar and Petry.
They couldve traded Kreider last year when he had 1 more year on his contract, but didnt. Similarly, we might not trade Tatar and Petry this year, but sell them next year as a rental.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
What plan?
What they are doing with Kreider isnt any different than what we could do with Tatar and Petry.
They couldve traded Kreider last year when he had 1 more year on his contract, but didnt. Similarly, we might not trade Tatar and Petry this year, but sell them next year as a rental.

The difference I see here is that they are willing to move Kreider even with the playoffs as a possibility. I can pretty much guarantee if you fast forward a year and we are in the same position, Bergevin does not trade them.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The difference I see here is that they are willing to move Kreider even with the playoffs as a possibility. I can pretty much guarantee if you fast forward a year and we are in the same position, Bergevin does not trade them.
You do know that they’ve been trying to negotiate a contract with him right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad