Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: May last to TDL? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The difference I see here is that they are willing to move Kreider even with the playoffs as a possibility. I can pretty much guarantee if you fast forward a year and we are in the same position, Bergevin does not trade them.

Your guarantee is based on what? What move did bergevin do/did not do that shows Bergevin would take that position?

Also keeping Kreider even with no guarantee of an extension is not necessarily a bad move. If the rangers think they can make some damages in the playoffs, then its better to keep Kreider as a self-rental.

Reactions: dralaf

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Your guarantee is based on what? What move did bergevin do/did not do that shows Bergevin would take that position?

Also keeping Kreider even with no guarantee of an extension is not necessarily a bad move. If the rangers think they can make some damages in the playoffs, then its better to keep Kreider as a self-rental.

His desperation and satisfaction to make the playoffs shows that. He can’t see past his nose, there’s nothing else to say.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
His desperation and satisfaction to make the playoffs shows that. He can’t see past his nose, there’s nothing else to say.

So based on nothing? Alright.

Signing a player to a minimum contract and trading a 4th round pick for a dmen, which he later traded for better value, sure makes Bergevin seem desperate to make the playoffs!

Reactions: Vachon23 and dralaf

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
So based on nothing? Alright.

Signing a player to a minimum contract and trading a 4th round pick for a dmen, which he later traded for better value, sure makes Bergevin seem desperate to make the playoffs!

He's done some bad things he's done some good things, I don't see any "desperation" this year. That was when he got Ott and king and the other guy who's name started with M. That was bad desperation to win it.

Reactions: Habs13

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
He's done some bad things he's done some good things, I don't see any "desperation" this year. That was when he got Ott and king and the other guy who's name started with M. That was bad desperation to win it.

The final chapter on this season isn’t written yet, and we’re only 6pts out. Tomorrow is going to interesting.

Reactions: Goal Caufield

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
What plan?
What they are doing with Kreider isnt any different than what we could do with Tatar and Petry.
They couldve traded Kreider last year when he had 1 more year on his contract, but didnt. Similarly, we might not trade Tatar and Petry this year, but sell them next year as a rental.

exactly. How does NY get away with keeping Krieder on their roster? Imagine how much closer to last they would be without him, at least another 3 or 4 losses right there. And if they didn't trade for Trouba and sign the Breadman they could be right there with Detroit. Instead they will end up with the dreaded 15th pick.

Reactions: 417

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I wonder if we'll get to a point with too many draft picks the 2018-2020 drafts lol. Might have to lose a solid prospect as a free agent, can't sign them all.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Well Scandella is gone so it’s not the same team anymore.

What I’m on board with is firing Bergevin, if nobody else gets traded, which I doubt, he should be fired Monday night.
Since you're being finicky, when exactly on Monday night? During dinner or when he's in bed? I say, call him a couple of times between 2 and 3 in the a. m. and then break the news to him on a third call at 4 a.m.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
If Bergy doesn't trade the farm it's time to pack his bags.
Guy makes good trades but no idea how to put together a team.
His goal seems to be 9th place in the conference.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Tomorrow will be a dud with a DSP for Matteau trade. Has Bergevin grown his TDL beard yet?

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal

Panic starts tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->