Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: May last to TDL? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
You think the 17+ draft picks have no hits at all? Or are you saying they will bust like the 08-16 drafts?

Right now I know two things;
1. It's a complete crapshoot.
2. No matter what you or anybody says, it's looking worse right now than one calendar year ago.

Bergevin looks pretty ridiculous for his quote of last summer, that he has to be careful with long-term engagements because he has to plan the Kotkaniemi and Poehling extensions.

Reactions: angusyoung

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
He also claimed yesterday that none of Newhook Byram or Timmins are available aka he's not making any trades at the deadline this year.

2 avs scouts were at The Habs game this week and MB and SM were in Denver for 2 games in a row. I dont see them wasting time in Denver unless something significant was cooking.

Reactions: Andrei79

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
2 avs scouts were at The Habs game this week and MB and SM were in Denver for 2 games in a row. I dont see them wasting time in Denver unless something significant was cooking.
I'm just saying that between yesterday and today Sakic has said that none of those prospects are available and he doesn't want to trade his 1st either so it seems to me MB is much dumber than I already believe or he wasted his time watching 2 games and not making a trade.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

And if Montreal is at Colorado games, then they're looking at roster players.

I'd be very curious to know if Habs scouts have gone to watch Colorado Eagles games in AHL (Timmins) or if they've attended some Boston College games (Newhook).

I'm also very curious to know if there will be Avs scouts in Washington tonight for the Habs game.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Would you do :

Sandin + Nylander + 1st

for Danault, Gallagher and Harris?
I would Gally and Danault both need new contracts after next year, Sandin is fantastic Nylander would be our best forward and a 1st is a 1st but I can't imagine the leafs having interest.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Right now I know two things;
1. It's a complete crapshoot.
2. No matter what you or anybody says, it's looking worse right now than one calendar year ago.

Bergevin looks pretty ridiculous for his quote of last summer, that he has to be careful with long-term engagements because he has to plan the Kotkaniemi and Poehling extensions.

Way to early to know anything but the trends today are positive, not negative. You upset that Poehling, Kotkaniemi, Brook are not stars before the age of 21-23? It's reasonable to expect disappointments but I don't believe you understand probability due to having both quality and quantity.

- Suzuki, Romanov, Caufield, Kotkaneimi are darn good grade A prospects.
- Primeau, Brook, Poehling, Harris are darn good B+ prospects
- Ylonen, Hillis, Olofsson, Ikonen, Norlinder, Struble, Fonstad, Pitlick, Stapley, Fairbrother are a solid group of grade B's

You think all teams have this right? That's BS! Being negative about our latest group is being over the top in the pessimistic scale. And yes, there is going to be up/down movement in the coming years. Probability of producing NHL talent is there big time but how good they are is unpredictable.

Just cause we don't have a sure shot star in our prospect group, it don't mean that what we have is not good. Can you tell me how many stars you see from the 17+ draft years? I get the feeling you think it's like 20 or more?

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Newhook is not that far off in value from Nolan Foote and their was a 1st also included with Foote to get Coleman who has the same term left as Tatar. Plus that 1st is the Canucks 1st which is 13-20 range (+/-).

I would pass on Jost. Being high on him pre-draft does not mean we still are 4 years later. If they insist on him being part of the package, I'm sending Mete the other way and asking for Graves to be in the mix.

I think Montreal would target Jost as simply a contract coming back to them and wouldnt put much value on him. You know, sort of hope he's like Tatar. A throw in and becomes something. He needs a hanged of scenery

He also claimed yesterday that none of Newhook Byram or Timmins are available aka he's not making any trades at the deadline this year.

Guess he isn't big game hunting if he's actually telling the truth... which I doubt.

I think it's to put further emphasis on them so people don't think he traded them away easily, or will to the sellers.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Montreal would target Jost as simply a contract coming back to them and wouldnt put much value on him. You know, sort of hope he's like Tatar. A throw in and becomes something. He needs a hanged of scenery.

Very possible that is the case yes but we both agree, they are not going to get substantial trade package credit of Jost. I'd be targeting Graves myself as that "NHL piece" in the trade package.

Regardless, we need to manage the 50 contract limit well. I'd be looking for a even amount of contract swap.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think Montreal would target Jost as simply a contract coming back to them and wouldnt put much value on him. You know, sort of hope he's like Tatar. A throw in and becomes something. He needs a hanged of scenery

Guess he isn't big game hunting if he's actually telling the truth... which I doubt.

I think it's to put further emphasis on them so people don't think he traded them away easily, or will to the sellers.
It definitely could be a strategy for sure or he's looking at kovalchuk not Tartar which would be disappointing as it furthers our run for 15th 3 years straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad