Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - Look at all these rumours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Please don't trade Beaulieu. This home-grown talent will bleed Habs his entire career. That kind of devotion isn't something that can be bought. If you look at foreigners like Patches or Chucky, I don't find they bleed for this team on the same level (close but not quite). They play hard and I'm sure they love it here but there is just a little something extra when you have a hometown kid in my opinion.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Please don't trade Beaulieu. This home-grown talent will bleed Habs his entire career. That kind of devotion isn't something that can be bought. If you look at foreigners like Patches or Chucky, I don't find they bleed for this team on the same level (close but not quite). They play hard and I'm sure they love it here but there is just a little something extra when you have a hometown kid in my opinion.

You know he's from Strathroy Ontario right? That's north west of Toronto. That's hardly "homegrown" and the rest of your post is also nonsense.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
well that is true..

AHL low priced guys are not going to bring a ring to this team, right now...

but top players wil, you have to pay some time

example the hawks

Emelin was responsible for the bad defensive coverage on MSL that cost us the rangers series. Defensivley he is decent but '' decent'' defensively and below average offensively aren't exactly attributes of a top 4 dman in this league. His hitting is good but he isn't hitting everything out there despite that occasionnal hip check.

2 assists in 22 games is bad bad production. If emelin wouldn't have raised his production with Kazan, he wouldn't be in the NHL right now. Around 5goals and 5 assists could have probably made us win more games. All I am saying is that, Gorges lack of production was one of the reason he left, the same treatment awaits Emelin if we can get rid of his bad contract that is.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
Lol he must've thought Beaulieu was from here because of his french name.

I assumed he meant that he was from Canada. I'm from Ontario west of Toronto too and have been a Habs fan for 45 years.
Montreal is still part of Canada isn't it?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
He meant drafted and brought up in our system I'm sure.
Nate isn't going anywhere but back with Petry sooner or later...

You mean like Galchenyuk and Pacioretty who we drafted and developed but aren't "home grown?"

What a dumb post all around. As misinformed as it is ignorant. Gallagher also doesn't play hard and Price doesn't care as much as Desharnais, right?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You mean like Galchenyuk and Pacioretty who we drafted and developed but aren't "home grown?"

What a dumb post all around. As misinformed as it is ignorant. Gallagher also doesn't play hard and Price doesn't care as much as Desharnais, right?

Take it easy some aren't as astute as you.
You can afford to let it slide and take up a different thread.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Take it easy some aren't as astute as you.
You can afford to let it slide and take up a different thread.

I didn't comment after my initial post until you defended it. Enabling those comments is just as bad as saying them.

Just because you're from the city you play doesn't mean you care more or play better. Ask PAP, Briere, Boullion etc etc. In fact many Quebec players have said they avoided playing for Montreal because of the additional pressure.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A zinger from Michel Bergeron on last evening's DM show.

He said that everyone thinks Stamkos wants to join the Leafs, however, he has received information from a Tampa source that Stamkos is possibly interested in negotiating with the Habs if he becomes a free agent.

200.gif

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
A zinger from Michel Bergeron on last evening's DM show.

He said that everyone thinks Stamkos wants to join the Leafs, however, he has received information from a Tampa source that Stamkos is possibly interested in negotiating with the Habs if he becomes a free agent.

200.gif

I never got the discussions around Stamkos wanting out of Tampa Bay so he can head to the Laffs. People speculate he isn't happy in TP, isn't fitting in, feels the team isn't going very far, or what ever stupid reason. But yet, he'd be ready to sign with the Laffs and their "awesomely deep SCF team".

The only way Stamkos currently goes to the Laffs is for max salary and term. But even at that, the Leafs are at least 2-3 seasons away from even hoping to make the playoffs, unless they draft stupidly good and ripoff everyone in trades.

Besides, we aren't signing Stamkos with just around 10mill left on the salary cap for next season, taking in account that we have to fill roster spots and we have plenty RFA/UFA. It could be possible if we trade a contract for cap space... I just don't see it happening.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I didn't comment after my initial post until you defended it. Enabling those comments is just as bad as saying them.

Just because you're from the city you play doesn't mean you care more or play better. Ask PAP, Briere, Boullion etc etc. In fact many Quebec players have said they avoided playing for Montreal because of the additional pressure.

Oh so it was my post you took issue to. That is rich.
I neither defended nor enabled the post I simply pointed out how the term "home grown"can be misconstrued. It is used quite often in that context when referring to players drafted and brought up in ones farm system The Expos used the term all the time and of course they weren't referring to Quebecois. Some can't take the heat or the exposure playing for this franchise regardless of where they are born. The great ones however never made it an issue.

next...

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Oh so it was my post you took issue to. That is rich.
I neither defended nor enabled the post I simply pointed out how the term "home grown"can be misconstrued. It is used quite often in that context when referring to players drafted and brought up in ones farm system The Expos used the term all the time and of course they weren't referring to Quebecois. Some can't take the heat or the exposure playing for this franchise regardless of where they are born. The great ones however never made it an issue.

next...

He clearly didn't use the term "homegrown" talent to describe players who we drafted and developed considered he used Patches and Galchenyuk as not caring as much as Beaulieu because they're not "homegrown" but rather "foreigners." In fact he even mistakenly said Beaulieu was a hometown at the end of his post.

So not only does his argument not make sense but neither does yours under that pretext or any other. If you read his post completely you'd have seen he wrote exactly what he meant. No interpretations of what you think he said were needed.

Your last statement is my entire point. Next indeed...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He clearly didn't use the term "homegrown" talent to describe players who we drafted and developed considered he used Patches and Galchenyuk as not caring as much as Beaulieu because they're not "homegrown" but rather "foreigners."

So not only does his argument not make sense but neither does yours under that pretext or any other.

Your last statement is my entire point. Next indeed...

Just stop it you are pulling at non existent straws...
It isn't the first time either.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Just stop it you are pulling at non existent straws...
It isn't the first time either.

What are you talking about? Read his post before making your ill informed posts.

For the 3rd time...

It really doesn't get more clear than this. If you can't understand a simple clear statement like this I don't know what to tell you. Yo obviously misread his post made an incorrect assumption and now are back peddling and hopping to change the topic to cover it up. It isn't the first time either...

Last edited:

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Predictions ; Trade Emelin, Lose Gilbert UFA, Lose PAP buyout contract this 1st July, Sign Stamkos. Play him RW ( Even if he only wants to play C ), he's gonna cry if we don't win the cup first year too. The rumors that Stamkos wants to be traded to laffs will start again.

:sarcasm:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
This team has changed back into last years team but our savior is not there to save us. We never do well against Ottawa and with LA and San Jose on the way this could get ugly really fast.

I would give big mac the call and hope his physical presence can help us get our mojo back. It is times like these when the Brandon Prust and Ryan White types of players are very valuable and we no longer have that. People say that we don't need that type of player but I disagree, there are things that help a team win that never show up on the score sheet.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Imagine if we got Stamkos:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise
Eller-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Flash-Stamkos-Byron
DSP-DLR-Flynn

One hell of a 3rd line.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Imagine if we got Stamkos:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise
Eller-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Flash-Stamkos-Byron
DSP-DLR-Flynn

One hell of a 3rd line.

Why on Earth do you put Flash with Stamkos !?!??? I don't get it. Why ?
You should put Dumont, Holloway or at least Semin with Stamkos, no ? That's what MT will do.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Stamkos, sure that is next year...

MB needs to worry about right now, dropping 4 in a row, and goaltenders are not the problem.

MB get on the phones please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad