Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - Look at all these rumours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
When will we stop defending Emelin? he is clearly not a top 4 dman, he doesn't bring enough offence. A solid bottom pairing dman but with his salary and expectations, he isn't worth it.

Emelin doesn't have enough confidence in his offensive game.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
When will we stop defending Emelin? he is clearly not a top 4 dman, he doesn't bring enough offence. A solid bottom pairing dman but with his salary and expectations, he isn't worth it.

I like the jam that Emelin brings...if we start to trade all of our sandpaper then we're in jeopardy of being too soft again. We already lost Prust. The playoffs is like trench warfare...you need these types of guys to wear down opponents imo.

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
I like the jam that Emelin brings...if we start to trade all of our sandpaper then we're in jeopardy of being too soft again. We already lost Prust. The playoffs is like trench warfare...you need these types of guys to wear down opponents imo.

Grit is useless if it doesn't mean you can't keep the puck out of your own end.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
they need scoring, 1 goal don't cut it.

MB has gone on record saying that he builds his team from the goalie out...I agree with you that we need more scoring but MB has his work cut out for him to acquire a legit scorer because of the cap etc.

I'm tired of the bandaids in the top 6 myself.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
MB has gone on record saying that he builds his team from the goalie out...I agree with you that we need more scoring but MB has his work cut out for him to acquire a legit scorer because of the cap etc.

I'm tired of the band aids in the top 6 myself.

ya for-sure,

thomas and the gang are not the answer to complete for lord Stanley,
if this team was still rebuilding then fine, but we are in prime mode to strike
PK, Price, Patches, Bgally, chucky, Markov, Petry
time is now, not in 5 years when if's turn to maybe's

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey · 38m38 minutes ago
Dreger: "I know that Jim Rutherford is working hard, trying to make a trade. He's still looking for that defenseman." #Pens

This would probably mean he would want Beaulieu, but worth offering Gilbert.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

He's been a very solid top 4 d-man this year. Not sure where you get that he isn't a top 4.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

I like Emelin. I like his physical game, his defensive game, and his personal attitude.
I just don't like his cap hit in return for those things, when we need to spend on a top 6 winger.
In a world where we don't need to fill top 6 holes, I'd keep Emelin with no problems.
If he'd take a 1-2 mil pay cut... then lock him in.

Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey · 38m38 minutes ago
Dreger: "I know that Jim Rutherford is working hard, trying to make a trade. He's still looking for that defenseman." #Pens

This would probably mean he would want Beaulieu, but worth offering Gilbert.

Whats the return for that Dman?

Last edited:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Grit is useless if it doesn't mean you can't keep the puck out of your own end.

Not sure what that's supposed to mean. If you play Emelin with a skill guy it's an excellent 2nd pair.

The defense is probably the best in the league.

We need an upgrade on the wings, that's the #1 priority, but obviously first you give the kids a look.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Probably a guy like Hornquist or Kunitz who are not getting prime minutes.

d-man for a winger.

If we're talking Beaulieu, I'm looking at Hornqvist.
Plays RW, which is our #1 need, over Kunitz's LW.
Has 3 years left on contract instead of Kunitz's 2.
8 yrs younger than Kunitz.
More the player type we need, and for an extra $400 000, might as well get what we need instead of close.

But I'd prefer to keep Beaulieu and I'd hope MB could work around including him in any trades, as he is slated to fill Markov's #2 slot within the next year or 2, when Markov retires.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
If we're talking Beaulieu, I'm looking at Hornqvist.
Plays RW, which is our #1 need, over Kunitz's LW.
Has 3 years left on contract instead of Kunitz's 2.
8 yrs younger than Kunitz.
More the player type we need, and for an extra $400 000, might as well get what we need instead of close.

If Hornqvist is MB's big play I will be seriously disappointed.

Meanwhile watch a guy like Duchene get moved to Ottawa. To play with Bobby Ryan.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
If Hornqvist is MB's big play I will be seriously disappointed.

Meanwhile watch a guy like Duchene get moved to Ottawa. To play with Bobby Ryan.

I'm not taking that risk. Not with the way Hornqvist has been playing lately and considering that he will be 29 soon.

Agreed.
For the cost, I think we could do better, considering whats available.
I was just commenting on the choice between the 2. Hornqvist or Kunitz.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
would be nice to have that 40 goal man, you have to pay,

but do you want to win, it is not like this team is years away from competing

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Ponder this: mb makes a move now, price's injury aggravates itself or never heals, basically making this entire season a wrote off. With that hypothetical, would you still trade the farm for a all or nothing move at the deadline?

I mean it would be hilariously ironic if mb went all out, got what we need, but price never fully heals or never comes back and that just becomes a precious waste of resources...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad