Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - Look at all these rumours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
People on the main boards are out of their damn minds. Have they just chosen to ignore literally every NHL trade in the history of the league. Why do people think players get traded for insane amounts of assets? It never happens.

I don't get it.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Are there actually any rumours out there? I know there have been a bunch of scouts at our games, but have any names been tossed around?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I would get rid of him for Johansen too, but it's too big of a move to make in the midst of a season in which the team is playing extremely well.

I think the priority would be to find Galchenyuk a winger as opposed to replacing him completely.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Are there actually any rumours out there? I know there have been a bunch of scouts at our games, but have any names been tossed around?

I haven't see us linked to the Flames at all but it sounds like Hudler is a healthy scratch.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Johansen for Chucky doesn't make much sense unless they really covet him or they know something about Johansen we don't. Galchenyuk is supposed to be at his level in a year or two so adding to the trade could be a disaster.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
People on the main boards are out of their damn minds. Have they just chosen to ignore literally every NHL trade in the history of the league. Why do people think players get traded for insane amounts of assets? It never happens.

I don't get it.

I don't get people proposing trades and turning them down saying no way "we" do that. When none of them actually work for the team.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Johansen for Chucky doesn't make much sense unless they really covet him or they know something about Johansen we don't. Galchenyuk is supposed to be at his level in a year or two so adding to the trade could be a disaster.

I love Chucky but he's still far from Johansen's level, Johansen was already a true #1C at Chucky's age, 63 pts season, PPG in the playoffs, led his team in scoring by 12 points.

Its still a huge question mark whether he'll ever reach Johansen's level, I doubt he will personally.

They're only 2 years apart too, Johansen is far from done improving, it's not like we're trading Chucky for a 30 yr old.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I don't get people proposing trades and turning them down saying no way "we" do that. When none of them actually work for the team.

I just laugh. I look more at value and compare to actual trades that have happened more so for something to do. There are people that are out of their minds with this stuff though.

I can't imagine sitting in my bed at night trying to think of fantasy trades to post on HF.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
If its a one for one Galchenyuk for Johansen. This would make our team better. Johansen is a yr older. He's already a very good two way center.

Pacioretty-Johansen would be dynamite. Size, speed, skills. Very close to Perry-Getzlaf 5 years ago.

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
The popular opinion is that Jones, Fiala and a 1st gets them Johansen.

I would offer: Galchenyuk, Juulsen and a 1st.

I understand that a RW is our need but I'm not sure if Galchenyuk will put it together in MTL so if there's a chance that the Habs can land RJ then I have no problem trading Chucky.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I don't see Bergevin moving any of our big names. There are teams out there who have good wingers and would probably move them (purely speculation) for asset.

Philly (Simmonds), Toronto (JVR), Edmonton (Yak or Eberle) amongst others.

I would think these teams would be looking for a package of picks/A prospects/roster players. Maybe with Edmonton being the least likely.

I would think long and hard about Galchenyuk for Johansen, I just don't see it really putting us over the top tbh.

Then again, we would need to give something of value to get any of these guys.....just not Pacioretty, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Subban, Price.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
The popular opinion is that Jones, Fiala and a 1st gets them Johansen.

I would offer: Galchenyuk, Juulsen and a 1st.

I understand that a RW is our need but I'm not sure if Galchenyuk will put it together in MTL so if there's a chance that the Habs can land RJ then I have no problem trading Chucky.

Wayy to much imo. I like RyJo, but the difference between Galchenyuks upside and RyJo isn't 2 1sts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad