Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - Look at all these rumours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Stmakos is not coming here,

all this talk of UFA and trade for him, will never happen

Steve Y will sign him, book it

I agree it is a pipedream dreamt up by toronto media to pump hits and maintain interest in their crappy day time shows and websites.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
If the habs trade for Stamkos it will likely involve Pacioretty going the other way.

Would make that deal any day of the year! Stamkos his drive is great compared to Paciorettys. Look at last years playoffs struggled, struggled, and struggled.... Cameras in his face asking the issues he just kept battling then the points started coming.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
The whole UFA 'frenzy' being fabricated right now by various media types will only help Steven hit the jackpot literally regardless of where he ends up.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Would make that deal any day of the year! Stamkos his drive is great compared to Paciorettys. Look at last years playoffs struggled, struggled, and struggled.... Cameras in his face asking the issues he just kept battling then the points started coming.

Yeah that's all we need. Trade Max for Stamkos and then he walks at the end of the season to sign with the Leafs...

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
With the tax situation and the pressure from playing in Montreal will prohibit any big time star player from signing here, the only star that we will get is one we develop or a rental at the deadline. Look back over the last 10 years at big name UFA players that hit the open market and how many of them had Montreal pegged as a number one destination?

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Well Stamkos did say that Montreal was the loudest and nicest building.

Maybe he is motivated to be a star in a huge market like mtl and not in his hometown?

But what would be the point of gettng him anyway? He would probably play with Byron and DSP knowing Michel Therrien

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey · 3m3 minutes ago
Friedman on Eric Staal: "I think at the end of the day he's going to get traded. That's my prediction." Best thing for him too. #Canes

Friedman on Eric Staal: "Nick Kypreos would love to see (#Habs) get in on that. I could see (#Preds) getting in on that." #Canes

Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey · 2m2 minutes ago
Friedman on Eric Staal: "I think there will be interest. I just don't think it's ready to happen yet." #Canes

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Well Stamkos did say that Montreal was the loudest and nicest building.

Maybe he is motivated to be a star in a huge market like mtl and not in his hometown?

But what would be the point of gettng him anyway? He would probably play with Byron and DSP knowing Michel Therrien

Right, because Pacioretty plays with Mitchell and DSP right?

...and Subban's partner is Tinordi or Pateryn?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
With the tax situation and the pressure from playing in Montreal will prohibit any big time star player from signing here, the only star that we will get is one we develop or a rental at the deadline. Look back over the last 10 years at big name UFA players that hit the open market and how many of them had Montreal pegged as a number one destination?

Once the habs are a contender, I think those things would be a non issue. Any tax thing can be more than made up with endorsements. The pressure is a lot less here than in Toronto on a perennial loser.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Friedman on Eric Staal: "I think at the end of the day he's going to get traded. That's my prediction." Best thing for him too. #Canes

Friedman on Eric Staal: "Nick Kypreos would love to see (#Habs) get in on that. I could see (#Preds) getting in on that." #Canes

Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey · 2m2 minutes ago
Friedman on Eric Staal: "I think there will be interest. I just don't think it's ready to happen yet." #Canes

Staal, is very interesting choice

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
centre i hope

If you acquire Staal to play center, then a player better than Staal is a good as gone, because you're not getting Staal for Desharnais unless you threaten to come up with pictures of Ron Francis doing really, really nasty things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad