Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread II - Staal, Stamkos, Johansen - big names on the block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm not nearly as sold on these guys as you are.

Okay just one more thought...
Let's reverse the roles and consider BSI's take.
Do we move Plecky and his term for these types of returns?
It doesn't help us today other than clearing the way for AG.
But yes gotta love those entry level contracts.

Was it worth extending Pleks for the purpose of a trade? Most agreed he got a fair deal at $6M per year, without any restrictive clauses. Or would he have had more value without the extension?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Was it worth extending Pleks for the purpose of a trade? Most agreed he got a fair deal at $6M per year, without any restrictive clauses. Or would he have had more value without the extension?

More value with term but as was discussed in the past term is super hard to rate.
One man's term is another man's...
I never got into it much but I didn't do cartwheels over Plecky or Markov TBH.
I was really on the fence for both of them.
I think we made a boo boo...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ryan Johansen: the next Tyler Seguin?

There is a theory in the hockey world that the tough love shown to Ryan Johansen by the Columbus Blue Jackets is driven by management rather than the club’s new head coach, the fiery John Tortorella. (...)

Sportsnet’s Doug MacLean, who led the Blue Jackets from 1998 to 2007, told Brady & Walker Friday on Sportsnet 590 The Fan that Columbus better exercise caution before pulling the trigger on a potentially damaging deal.

He cited the Bruins’ lopsided trade of superstar Tyler Seguin to the Dallas Stars in 2013 as a comparable.

"Trust me on this: It's got a chance to be the next Seguin trade," MacLean said. "You've got to be careful."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...rs-john-tortorella-tyler-seguin-doug-maclean/

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
We won't win a trade in a period like this.

After 7 straight wins to start the season in the 9 wins sequence, with the cap space we have and the Kassian salary that doesn't count, with 2 2nd rounders, I called that Bergevin would be smart to pull a move mid-November instead of waiting to the trade deadline, and deal in a position of strength.

He's been way too passive this season. His plan for the RW failed miserably and he doesn't do anything to fix it at this point.

BRB, calling Andrighetto up and having Therrien bench his ass.
BRB, calling Hudon up, kid does great, Therrien benches him and they send him back down.
BRB, calling McCarron up and not playing him at C.

It's getting really frustrating.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
After 7 straight wins to start the season in the 9 wins sequence, with the cap space we have and the Kassian salary that doesn't count, with 2 2nd rounders, I called that Bergevin would be smart to pull a move mid-November instead of waiting to the trade deadline, and deal in a position of strength.

He's been way too passive this season. His plan for the RW failed miserably and he doesn't do anything to fix it at this point.

BRB, calling Andrighetto up and having Therrien bench his ass.
BRB, calling Hudon up, kid does great, Therrien benches him and they send him back down.
BRB, calling McCarron up and not playing him at C.

It's getting really frustrating.

And the common theme and problem is the guy running the show behind the bench.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
And the common theme and problem is the guy running the show behind the bench.

I had no problem with him prior to that last stretch. The guy is just messing with his lineup way too much. Throwing crap on the wall to see what sticks, basically.

THAT BEING SAID, he's dealing with an AHL-calibre lineup right now, Bergevin is not helping him in any way, and I think at some point we have to start worrying about our prospects not making any impact in the big league whatsoever. Look at Boston; they haven't exactly been having top picks lately, yet, even after clearing house this summer, they still have guys like Spooner, Pastrnak, Vatrano and Khokhlachev in the big league. We haven't been getting a significant impact from one of our prospects since Galchenyuk and Gallagher in 2012-2013. At some point, some people might have to admit Timmins is not THAT great. At some point, you have to question those picks in 2012 in 2013 in the second round that were pretty much wasted.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
So what is your response aside from this. I would like to know. Respond with your **** so I can put you on my ignore list. Do it now.

That was a total ******* response and do not do that again to me. Or on these boards. What a *******.

:laugh:

These may be the single greatest posts I have ever read on this board. I actually laughed out loud rather hard.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
From a Renaud Lavoie piece re current trading climate:

Effectuer des transactions dans la LNH semble de plus en plus difficile en saison régulière et il en sera ainsi tant et aussi longtemps que le dollar canadien va continuer de s’enliser.(...)

C’est pourquoi les directeurs généraux doivent être très créatifs pour améliorer leur formation.

Dans l’Association de l’Ouest, Brad Treliving, des Flames, a rapidement compris qu’il fallait être agressif pour arriver à ses fins.
Après un peu plus de 16 mois en poste, Treliving a appris qu’il est vraiment difficile de transiger en saison régulière et que c’est l’été qu’il peut améliorer son équipe.

«On est dans un système où le plafond salarial dicte tout. Il y a la moitié des équipes qui dépensent presque au maximum et les autres doivent respecter un budget. Donc, très peu d’équipes peuvent ajouter de l’argent dans leur masse salariale. C’est dollar contre dollar présentement. C’est très difficile, voire impossible de transiger. Mais il y a aussi une autre chose qu’il a apprise rapidement comme directeur général.

«Tu ne peux jamais prendre une décision sous le coup de l’émotion. Je sais que le hockey est un jeu où il y en a beaucoup, mais ça ne peut pas dicter ta façon de travailler. Il faut être patient et comprendre.»

(...)

«Je pense que je parle à Marc Bergevin presque tous les jours. J’admire Marc. C’est une excellente personne qui fait un travail formidable. Il est vraiment intelligent et notre relation est excellente.

«Il faut dire que nous ne sommes pas en compétition parce que nous ne sommes pas dans la même conférence; donc on tente de s’aider.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2015/12/20/difficile-de-transiger

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Add to that names like Fucale, Scherbak, Tinordi and NHLers like Kassian, Eller, DD and Emelin as well as our 1st and the two 2nds we have and I don't see why we couldn't make a blockbuster type deal.

We have the numbers but the talent quotient leaves something to be desired.

When you're trading the star player it's rarely about getting the level of talent back unless it's a one for one trade which are rare.

It's about using one asset to fill as many deficiencies as you can.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
If we are to play AG on the wing he should be available in a package deal for Ryjo.

There's absolutely no denying that.

Agreed.
Galchenyuk was supposed to become our top line C, and if that's no longer the vision this team sees for him, then trade him for one.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
We have had LD problem since Markov has been getting worse, Beaulieu is our best and without playing tinordi we don't know if he can be top4 which think he can. Need an elite LD like josi to set the d cour(give patches), use Beau for Ryjo Habs look a lot better like,
x - Ryjo - galger------ --- then--- --- patchs - galchenyuk - galgher
X- galchenyuk- x ----------- - - ----- x - x - x

Josi - subban -------------- beau (?) - subban
X (tin) - perry ------------- x (tin) - petry

For future and a better cup run i take having a proven #1&2 elite C & LD then keeping beau and hope he turns into top2 elite but top4 right now. The point is think we need a proven LD better then beau and habs can change this team for the better and fill important holes this year. They can't be scared to make big moves look what has happened to Dallas

What?

mrcontractor*

I had no problem with him prior to that last stretch. The guy is just messing with his lineup way too much. Throwing crap on the wall to see what sticks, basically.

THAT BEING SAID, he's dealing with an AHL-calibre lineup right now, Bergevin is not helping him in any way, and I think at some point we have to start worrying about our prospects not making any impact in the big league whatsoever. Look at Boston; they haven't exactly been having top picks lately, yet, even after clearing house this summer, they still have guys like Spooner, Pastrnak, Vatrano and Khokhlachev in the big league. We haven't been getting a significant impact from one of our prospects since Galchenyuk and Gallagher in 2012-2013. At some point, some people might have to admit Timmins is not THAT great. At some point, you have to question those picks in 2012 in 2013 in the second round that were pretty much wasted.

Right now ? That's not going to change even when CP and BG come back. Price can make us win but that'll only prove that our successes ride on his play. BG will give us a few more goals and that's it. Won't make us win much more. People overrate this team in a big way. I was never fooled by the streak at the beginning of the year. A lot of those goals were scored by the 3rd and 4th lines and now they're back to playing normal 3rd and 4th line hockey. Truth of the matter is that this team isn't built very well. We have one 1st line player and a couple of second line players, a bunch of 3rd and 4th line players mixed in with too many AHL players. Problem is, they keep saying they will build from within. What exactly do we have coming up that even resembles a star player, or a first line player for that matter, except for maybe McCarron ? And even that will be a question mark. Hudon, Andrighetto, and all the rest of the callups are 3rd liners at best. It was obvious the other night against Dallas how a team should be built.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is why you get ready to overpay because even by overpaying, you're getting a 6'3 center who can score 30+ goals.

It's a rare occurrence that someone of Johansen's calibre hits the market. Seems that it's not a matter of if but when he goes:

How deep are the Habs willing to go?

This guy apparently won't be involved:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Right now ? That's not going to change even when CP and BG come back. Price can make us win but that'll only prove that our successes ride on his play.

To be honest the success of all teams can be attributed to the play of their best players.

Remove Kane and the hawks are close to be a bubble team. Kane missed lot of games last year (20) and the Hawks finished 4th and were just 5 points in front of the 8th position.

This team ain't making the playoffs with Condon and Tok. In fact few teams if any could make the playoffs with those 2. I think their combined save % is around 900-901 this season. With the way our defense is playing that's terrible.

This said we must score more goals to win a cup even with Price. There's no denying that. But Price will always be a big part of the puzzle like Seguin, Kane and all the other star players are.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jimmy Murphy who has confirmed talks about Johansen involving the Habs, says Galchenyuk is the asking:

mrcontractor*

To be honest the success of all teams can be attributed to the play of their best players.

Remove Kane and the hawks are close to be a bubble team. Kane missed lot of games last year (20) and the Hawks finished 4th and were just 5 points in front of the 8th position.

This team ain't making the playoffs with Condon and Tok. In fact few teams if any could make the playoffs with those 2. I think their combined save % is around 900-901 this season. With the way our defense is playing that's terrible.

This said we must score more goals to win a cup even with Price. There's no denying that. But Price will always be a big part of the puzzle like Seguin, Kane and all the other star players are.

Hawks have a lot more than Kane going for them though. They have great goaltending and a lot more than one 1st line player, which is more than can be said about our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad