Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread II - Staal, Stamkos, Johansen - big names on the block

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Last thread was closed and it looks like a new one wasn't opened, so continue all trade proposals here.

Staal, Stamkos and Johansen are all rumoured to be on the block.

Are we going to survive the next month without Price or Gallagher? Not looking good so far.

blueberry

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Well let's not give up any assets for Staal. He's slow and his best days are well behind him. If we're gonna give assets then let's get someone who will be around for a while.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The more interesting dynamic is how every GM claims they are working their phones off and how they have nothing to show for it in terms of player movement. If trading is so paralyzed by the cap, contracts and other constraints, might as well reassign scouts to minor league games instead of using them as stooges whose apparent purpose is to have their names reprised on some wannabe detective's twitter account.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
With all the ridiculous contracts, trades will be very hard to happen soon indeed.

Staal, forget it about it plain and simple. He is what 31? yes but he is regressing earlier than he is supposed but that might just because Carolina isn't a very good team. Johansen is who I would target but they may ask for Galchenyuk and a few prospects or picks. I would give Galchy and Fucale and Emelin. No trade if Emelin isn't taken, as simple.

Stamkos could be had via UFA but his trade demands would be very high and I doubt we can match anything without hurting our core maybe beside if they want Galchenyuk or Gallagher.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Well let's not give up any assets for Staal. He's slow and his best days are well behind him. If we're gonna give assets then let's get someone who will be around for a while.

He looked pretty speedy against the Habs last Saturday. He was skating pretty well. I wouldn't go overboard for him, but he looks like he's still got something in the engine. Plus, he's a quality playoff guy.

It'll be interesting to know what Carolina wants for him. Vermette got a 1st last year, so I can't see Staal not getting a first. They'll probably want at least a B prospect with that too.

Thing is he plays much better at centre than the wing. He's more involved at centre. He'd be sweet to have down the middle.

Staal, Chucky, Pleks, and Mitchell is one hell of a centre ice package. :naughty:

AnotherHabsFan

Behind Enemy Lines
Jan 16, 2015
New Hampshire
What about Mikkel Boedker? He's a UFA after this season. Cap hit of 3.75 mil. Plays for a team that will likely be selling at the dead line. He's just hitting his prime (26 years old) and can play either wing position. He's a speedy and responsible two way player that can score goals! He has also played with Lars Eller and could likely slot in next to Galchenyuk and Eller to form a dynamic 2nd line. Not sure what it would cost to get him because it depends on much Arizona values him moving forward. He's also been very good so far this season so that also raises his asking price.

I'm gonna guess that as of right now it would cost one of Hudon or Andrighetto as well as a 2nd or later pick and one of Gilbert or Emelin.

or maybe Tinordi and a 2nd.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

.... Staal would very likely be one of our top 3 forwards, hes playing on a ****** right now thats why his production has gone down

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
TB will never trade Stamkos to Mtl, it will never happen.
Johansen and Staal would probably be too expensive, there would be bidding war and Mtl would get out bid. MB made a splash with Vanek and Petry but there were a lot less team competing for those player.

The guy I want is Boedker but will probably end up with a a guy like Doan, Elias or Jagr.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
With all the ridiculous contracts, trades will be very hard to happen soon indeed.

Staal, forget it about it plain and simple. He is what 31? yes but he is regressing earlier than he is supposed but that might just because Carolina isn't a very good team. Johansen is who I would target but they may ask for Galchenyuk and a few prospects or picks. I would give Galchy and Fucale and Emelin. No trade if Emelin isn't taken, as simple.

Stamkos could be had via UFA but his trade demands would be very high and I doubt we can match anything without hurting our core maybe beside if they want Galchenyuk or Gallagher.
If TB is out of the playoffs at the trade deadline and know Stamkos will wait it out, it will be a bid war but I think we could match the best offer. The problem would be to resign him.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

Even if he has slowed down, Staal would still be our best center and probably our best FW, but you don't have to worry since a other team will outbid Mtl.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Even if he has slowed down, Staal would still be our best center and probably our best FW, but you don't have to worry since a other team will outbid Mtl.
I don't know if he would be our best forward. He wouldn't even be the clear cut 1C since he's playing mostly as a LW now.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
TB will never trade Stamkos to Mtl, it will never happen.
Johansen and Staal would probably be too expensive, there would be bidding war and Mtl would get out bid. MB made a splash with Vanek and Petry but there were a lot less team competing for those player.

The guy I want is Boedker but will probably end up with a a guy like Doan, Elias or Jagr.

Doan and Elias aren't moving. Jagr I suppose could be moved, but I doubt Florida does it as long as they're fighting for a playoff spot.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Doan and Elias aren't moving. Jagr I suppose could be moved, but I doubt Florida does it as long as they're fighting for a playoff spot.
I don't think Jagr can be moved either. Jagr can do whatever he wants and he's happy where he is.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Skinner with a hatty tonight actually has 13g so far .... Wouldnt touch him with those concussions but man if he could be had cheap

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
What about Mikkel Boedker? He's a UFA after this season. Cap hit of 3.75 mil. Plays for a team that will likely be selling at the dead line. He's just hitting his prime (26 years old) and can play either wing position. He's a speedy and responsible two way player that can score goals! He has also played with Lars Eller and could likely slot in next to Galchenyuk and Eller to form a dynamic 2nd line. Not sure what it would cost to get him because it depends on much Arizona values him moving forward. He's also been very good so far this season so that also raises his asking price.

I'm gonna guess that as of right now it would cost one of Hudon or Andrighetto as well as a 2nd or later pick and one of Gilbert or Emelin.

or maybe Tinordi and a 2nd.

Boedker RIGHT NOW would cost a lot more than that.

Like McCarron and a 2nd or Scherbak and a 1st.

Arizona is one point out of a playoff spot with a game in hand so it would be expensive to trade for one of their best players...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
He says his concussion issues are behind him...
Gotta believe him.

He can say whatever he wants, they are cumulative, his next one could be his last.

Plus his contract is too much of a risk, I wouldn't touch him.

Those guys are all slow and go against what the Habs want to do, maybe except Elias, but NJ is winning, so...

He's playing wing mostly in Carolina. Not sure what the plans would be if he came here...

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
If TB is out of the playoffs at the trade deadline and know Stamkos will wait it out, it will be a bid war but I think we could match the best offer. The problem would be to resign him.

He's really good friends with PK though. That could give the habs some leverage.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Boedker RIGHT NOW would cost a lot more than that.

Like McCarron and a 2nd or Scherbak and a 1st.

Arizona is one point out of a playoff spot with a game in hand so it would be expensive to trade for one of their best players...

Zona needs Dmen more. Juulsen and a 2nd would make sense.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Zona needs Dmen more. Juulsen and a 2nd would make sense.

Juulsen is probably worth less than McCarron or Scherbak.

Say Juulsen and Beaulieu.

The point is, he would probably cost a boatload right now...probably would need young NHLers in the deal.

Last edited:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
My problem with Staal is that he seems to be slowing down.

And it reminds me a heck of a lot of a former wish list hab Lecavalier.

I know Lecavalier A) was a better player and B) has had injury issues as compared to Staal but the comparison stands.

6'4" Left hand Center with Cup Rings 100 point seasons and diminishing numbers in and around the age of 31

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Money is the only leverage. Sucks but it is true.

The Habs can pay him as much as anybody, plus he'll get a boatload of money wether he A-stays in TB or B-hits UFA and goes to the highest bidder or C-hits UFA and goes to a contender. I don't see a huge difference either way.

If I'm Stamkos I get paid AND I find a team where I can make a run at a cup...TB or a FA contender.

Everyone's next concussion could be their last.

The risk is much higher for Skinner than a guy who has never had one. They compound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad