Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread II - Staal, Stamkos, Johansen - big names on the block

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
What do we have to offer in an impact deal that won't hurt our roster (core) or our picks?
There are certain pieces we can't afford to lose and I can't see other teams falling in love with our prospects.
At least not the ones we are willing to give up.

I think guys like De La Rose, Hudon, Carr and Andrighetto would all have value

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Considering the way O'Reilly is playing this season, he's earning every penny. Top line center, near PPG, plays in every situation and averages over 20 minutes a game.

--

O'Reilly was clearly Plek's replacement. I argued for it all of last year. Habs centres have sucked for years and Pleks should have been let go last summer.

Pleks is awful and getting worse. He can't score on a barn door. He's the Josh Gorges of centres right now. Your D as a centre is great? Fine. Top 2 centre? Score some facking goals. Because DD won't.

Bergy keeps failing at these sorts of moves. He should have moved Pleks last year.

Too late now. Plek's value is plummeting this year.

Not moving Pleks last year is Bergy's biggest fail. There are tons of guys on this board that have disagreed with me on this for two years. What do you have to say now? I said he was getting older and would start to fail.

You cannot play C offensively in the NHL after 30 or 31 unless you're a monster now. Look at centres like Getz and even Sid right now. Jesus, and they're pretty young.

I will say I told you so. :)

Last edited:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
We REALLY do not need any more 20-30 or 25-35 forwards anymore guys. When we are healthy, we have enough of those on our roster as well as in the farm. Before the trade deadline, I would rather we go after a consistent 40 goal scorer. If we can not find one before the deadline , then getting another 20-30 guy, would be good for depth.

A 25-35 goal winger is actually exactly what this team needs.

Good luck getting one of the very few 40 goal scorers in the league without gutting your prospect pool and core.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think guys like De La Rose, Hudon, Carr and Andrighetto would all have value

Add to that names like Fucale, Scherbak, Tinordi and NHLers like Kassian, Eller, DD and Emelin as well as our 1st and the two 2nds we have and I don't see why we couldn't make a blockbuster type deal.

We have the pieces, we just need the right player to get back and a team willing to deal him to us!

My favorite quote from Bobby Mac, a GM told him he can't even make a bad trade now!

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Add to that names like Fucale, Scherbak, Tinordi and NHLers like Kassian, Eller, DD and Emelin as well as our 1st and the two 2nds we have and I don't see why we couldn't make a blockbuster type deal.

Exactly

It will just be a matter of who is available and who fits the needs the best.

Bergevin won't stand pat

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
We REALLY do not need any more 20-30 or 25-35 forwards anymore guys. When we are healthy, we have enough of those on our roster as well as in the farm. Before the trade deadline, I would rather we go after a consistent 40 goal scorer. If we can not find one before the deadline , then getting another 20-30 guy, would be good for depth.

Consistent 40 goal scorer. Yeah. I think there are three of them.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
O'Reilly was clearly Plek's replacement. I argued for it all of last year. Habs centres have sucked for years and Pleks should have been let go last summer.

Pleks is awful and getting worse. He can't score on a barn door. He's the Josh Gorges of centres right now. Your D as a centre is great? Fine. Top 2 centre? Score some facking goals. Because DD won't.

Bergy keeps failing at these sorts of moves. He should have moved Pleks last year.

Too late now. Plek's value is plummeting this year.

Not moving Pleks last year is Bergy's biggest fail. There are tons of guys on this board that have disagreed with me on this for two years. What do you have to say now? I said he was getting older and would start to fail.

You cannot play C offensively in the NHL after 30 or 31 unless you're a monster now. Look at centres like Getz and even Sid right now. Jesus, and they're pretty young.

I will say I told you so. :)

Not sure if this is serious...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

We have the numbers but the talent quotient leaves something to be desired.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
You can talk about Nill, the fact both Séguin and Spezza were in our division. No way Ottawa and Boston who have traded them to Montréal. So you can blame Bergevin all you want, but those trades were impossible foir him. Also, our only winger as good as Erickson was Pacioretty. We aleready complain we don't have enough top-6 wingers. There is no Jamie Benn here to support Séguin.

All that to say it's easy to blame a GM when his team is in a slump without one of his best player. The reality is that Bergevin had no opportunity to make a good trade for a #1 center and he tought that Galchenyuk would become this center. Anyways. We lack depth in the top-6, so to get a #1 C we would need to give away somebody aleready in the top-6, so the net effect would not be that big.

Last edited:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
This post sums up this board perfectly. Every team has their slumps, and this happens to be a big one for us. Hopefully its our last.

No. Habs are slumping because they have **** centres. (Galchy is not **** but he is too young.) And they are without Cary price.

The team is **** without Carey Price, and it shows. Therrien never steps up when Price is hurt, instead he uses it as an excuse. Every time Price is hurt Therrien fails. Enough.

This is all on Bergy. Totally. Tell the truth here.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
You can talk about Nill, the fact both Séguin and Spezza were in our division. No way Ottawa and Boston who have traded them to Montréal. So you can blame Therrien all you want, but those trades were impossible foir him. Also, our only winger as good as Erickson was Pacioretty. We aleready complain we don't have enough top-6 wingers. There is no Jamie Benn here to support Séguin.

All that to say it's easy to blame a GM when his team is in a slump without one of his best player. The reality is that Bergevin had no opportunity to make a good trade for a #1 center and he tought that Galchenyuk would become this center. Anyways. We lack depth in the top-6, so to get a #1 C we would need to give away somebody aleready in the top-6, so the net effect would not be that big.

Exactly what I said a page or so ago.

There have been some players moved East of some note.

Oshie
O'Reilly
Kessel

I wouldn't take Oshie he is overated and currently benefiting from playing with a dynamic offense in Washington.

Kessel no way!

O'Reilly wanted huge payday and had a many question marks.

This deadline with players like Staal, Ryan Johansen, maybe Stamkos available it is now Bergevin's chance to make something happen. Lesser players like Hudler, Boedker etc.

Don't forget he did acquire Vanek

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Not sure if this is serious...

So what is your response aside from this. I would like to know. Respond with your **** so I can put you on my ignore list. Do it now.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Exactly

It will just be a matter of who is available and who fits the needs the best.

Bergevin won't stand pat

A lot of the propasals we see have multiple players going out for what is coming back.
Is this type of deal not harder to broker in a cap environment?
Keep in mind I'm referring to a trade vs pure rental scenario.

I fear we will see more of the Delissio type transactions. :cry:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
A lot of the propasals we see have multiple players going out for what is coming back.
Is this type of deal not harder to broker in a cap environment?
Keep in mind I'm referring to a trade vs pure rental scenario.

I fear we will see more of the Delissio type transactions. :cry:

Exactly why guys like Carr, Andrighetto, Hudon have value. They are ready to play NHL hockey and they are on entry level deals

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Why trade for a top-6 player when you can get a bottom-6 player and shoe-horn them into the top 6?

:sarcasm:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
That was a total ******* response and do not do that again to me. Or on these boards. What a *******.

So what is your response aside from this. I would like to know. Other posters here would like to know. That was a real ******* response dude. Tell us what you think instead of being an *******. Ass. Respond with your **** so I can put you on my ignore list.

Wow you really seem to have some issues...might want to get some help.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We won't win a trade in a period like this.

Deals are not usually the result of a few days of interaction. So many times you hear GMs say how a particular transaction was several months in the making. Chances are, if a deal is consummated, the GMs have already drawn some kind of line in the sand in terms of parameters and then either one or the other triggers an outcome.

Also, I don't know that this is about "winning" a trade as opposed to paying fair value to fill a need. While you're not looking to overpay in any trade, you have to be ready to cough up value to get valuable assets. It's not players like Tinordi or Andrighetto that are going to land a top 6. They may be involved as complementary assets, but can't see how they make or break a trade result.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Some fans think a trade would solve something with this team. But I don't think this club is one realistic trade away from a major improvement. The bold move for Bergevin would be to trade veterans like Markov and Plek at the deadline in order to try to get a real good prospect, a forward. A trade à la Forsberg/Erat. I know it's easier said than done, but it's what he should aim for. The window for the cup is not open. He needs to go with younger players. Please don't give youth for a declining player like Staal.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Exactly why guys like Carr, Andrighetto, Hudon have value. They are ready to play NHL hockey and they are on entry level deals

I'm not nearly as sold on these guys as you are.

Okay just one more thought...
Let's reverse the roles and consider BSI's take.
Do we move Plecky and his term for these types of returns?
It doesn't help us today other than clearing the way for AG.
But yes gotta love those entry level contracts.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I'm not nearly as sold on these guys as you are.

Okay just one more thought...
Let's reverse the roles and consider BSI's take.
Do we move Plecky and his term for these types of returns?
It doesn't help us today other than clearing the way for AG.
But yes gotta love those entry level contracts.

I'm not suggesting that these guys are main pieces. But have value.

Can a Carr and a 2nd land a rental? I think so

On the flip side can Carr and a 2nd land a signed Simmonds hells no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: